Thread: Luck elixir not stack.. or not work?!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Default Luck elixir not stack.. or not work?!

So I was chatting to a guildie who told me he was using luck elixir from the auction and he opened one as the other was running out and it didn't work.. so I decided to test as I thought that couldnt be right.
    I waited in a map until 10 seconds left on the first one and opened another and as he said when the 10 second timer ran down I had no luck elixirs active! Now I completely understand them not stackin ie 25%+25% doesnt =50% and that time doesnt stack ie 30 mins + 30 mins doesnt = 60 mins...but opening a new one when one almost finishes then losing 29min 50sec of luck seems a little unfair? Also I had no idea about this and am now wondering how long iv been running around with no elixir thinking 'damn this elixir sucks better off using plat bought'
    Is this a bug or another way to milk gold from non plat users?
    Last edited by Boltmage; 08-04-2014 at 12:41 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Good point. I guess they need to change that. Maybe move this thread to suggestions forum.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

"Consuming more kits does not add time or stack effects." Seems pretty clear to me. Your own fault if you don't understand the bolded part.
    Last edited by Gragorak; 08-04-2014 at 03:51 PM.
    <Enigmatic>
    Ludens necesse est, vivere non est necesse.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Gragorak For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gragorak View Post
    "Consuming more kits does not add time or stack effects." Seems pretty clear to me. Your own fault if you don't understand the bolded part.
    Well technically you can discard a running elixir and then open the new one, so why not make it a one-click instead of angering players.
    The timer would not be added, but it would reset back to 30 minutes.
    Disclaimer: my lameness is figurative but strong

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

The way i understand this is that if you open one elixir u get 30 min. and 25% loot chance, but if u open another one after the next 15 min. u get 30min. on that elixir. The effect do not stack nor add time to the first one. However, the second elixir should be valid for the next 30 min., and a player over the period of 45 min. should have 25% loot chance. If it does not work that way as Bolmage is describing then we have a problem here.

Technically, i could use the second elixir on 2s before the first one expires just to keep it running, so should i lose that 29 min and 58s?

Can moderators verify this please!?
    Last edited by grzena1982; 08-04-2014 at 06:09 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by grzena1982 View Post
    Technically, i could use the second elixir on 2s before the first one expires just to keep it running, so should i lose that 29 min and 58s?
    Yes it works that way, which is kinda... meh.
    Disclaimer: my lameness is figurative but strong

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

From what I learned, it's better to make code dummy proof.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    From what I learned, it's better to make code dummy proof.
    Ok, maybe I'm the biggest dummy here. What stacks and what doesn't? Please answer if you know for sure for the following below:

1) Kalas gives you 25% luck and Shazbot give you 25 % luck. Do those stack? If they do, it couldn't be 50% right?

2) Kalas gives you 25% luck and Shazbot give you 25 % luck and you put on your lep pendant. Do any stack?

3) Kalas gives you 25% luck and Shazbot give you 25 % luck, you put on your lep pendant (15%???) and you use a 25% luck kit. Do any stack?

I remember running with #2 and Crates were dropping left and right! Yeah that was a good 15 minutes.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sdbigdaddy View Post
    Ok, maybe I'm the biggest dummy here. What stacks and what doesn't? Please answer if you know for sure for the following below:

1) Kalas gives you 25% luck and Shazbot give you 25 % luck. Do those stack? If they do, it couldn't be 50% right?

2) Kalas gives you 25% luck and Shazbot give you 25 % luck and you put on your lep pendant. Do any stack?

3) Kalas gives you 25% luck and Shazbot give you 25 % luck, you put on your lep pendant (15%???) and you use a 25% luck kit. Do any stack?

I remember running with #2 and Crates were dropping left and right! Yeah that was a good 15 minutes.

Thanks in advance.
    Not calling anyone a dummy, haha!

I'll answer later when I have the time.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sdbigdaddy View Post

Thanks in advance.
    As far as im aware 70% is the most you can stack (lepre 15% shaz/klaas/luck kit 25% Combo elixir 30% luck) Although I heard a rumor klaas and shaz elixirs can stack on eachother if you keep plat buying the treasure chests? I've never tried and the guy who told me is kind of a troll lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gragorak View Post
    Does not add time presumably means 30 mins + 30 mins does not stack to 60 mins.. not 10 second + 30 mins = 10 seconds o.0 I did say that in the original post... seems pretty clear to me.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

The description has nothing to do with my understanding of this. If u go to the menu with elixirs currenly on u can see that the countdown times are shown there, and it would show different times for both elixirs running if they were used at different times. This is that confusing factor for me cos if every next elixir used of the same type has the same time span as the time left on the first elixir currently running. I would expect to see the same countdown times, yet they are not.
    Last edited by grzena1982; 08-05-2014 at 04:34 AM.