Thread: is STR/DEX MAGE EVEN GOOD?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default is STR/DEX MAGE EVEN GOOD?

I saw many people not placing their int, so I wonder whats the use of it in PVE for a mage.
    Pocket Legends: Lvl 62 Mage -Dysfarmer

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

While it may be a valid build for PvP (high dodge from strength gear and still high hit through dex) for pve purposes this build is pretty useless.

All damage skills are low, heal is close to zero. Often combined with 0 revive and called "pro build" Oo
    At least buffs and debuffs work properly.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Depends on your level and what equip is available. I think it becomes more useful at higher levels(50-76). At endgame it's very popular and IMO the best way to go. Being able to use Str armor/helm/shield gives more armor and high regen while being able to be ranged and high dps through dex weapons.

You can do all INT and use only INT items but this limits you severely. If you can afford it try out different builds. Personally I like being the first through the door, being able to take a hit, dishing it out and not just a support build. This is especially important if you run with random groups or run solo.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aerospacegod View Post
    Depends on your level and what equip is available. I think it becomes more useful at higher levels(50-76). At endgame it's very popular and IMO the best way to go. Being able to use Str armor/helm/shield gives more armor and high regen while being able to be ranged and high dps through dex weapons.

You can do all INT and use only INT items but this limits you severely. If you can afford it try out different builds. Personally I like being the first through the door, being able to take a hit, dishing it out and not just a support build. This is especially important if you run with random groups or run solo.
    That sweet feeling of invincibility comes at the price of being close to useless to any pve party. With a str/dex build your skill damage is ridiculously low and you have close to no heal.
    Would you mind posting some numbers of your skill damage and heal wearing str (savage I assume?) so we can compare?

As for the first through the door part: a skilled mage can do that even wearing staff.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Agreed Skillless. You will be a jack of all trades, but master of none. In pve if your party is even halfway decent then you will be weak link.

I respec just to respec, my favorite is full int and have no issues staying alive. After finally having the light turn on in my head I now believe the term glass cannon came from someone who played the class improperly. I know I did for a long time I notice a lot of mages blow all their buffs at all the wrong times forcing shield mid battle when in most cases it was never needed. These people are the ones who often times switch to savage and hide their inability to play the class properly not even realizing this is what they are doing. Stagger your buffs and debuffs properly and look for that consistent flow instead of up and down spikes of inconsistency. If done properly you can be a nuke, tank, and support all rolled up into a nice little squirrel looking package

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

May I cut in front of that? I have a level 45 enchantress. I do crazy damage. My skills attack is around 300 to 400. Furthermore, with my combos, it can go up to 500. Another fact is that healing is still pretty good, even if you have dex. My heal spell is upgraded to 5 and I always heal around the top amount. Beside, base weapons like crossbows can do some heavy damage in the later level. That is why almost all of my party member (Fox, Ursan, Mage, Bird) have dex. It comes pretty useful.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yes it is.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I've stumbled upon a few Dex/Str Enchantress, I've been wondering the same. Saw one that stood out in particular was around 50+ with 10000+ Kills 0 Deaths PvE. Currently made myself another Enchantress already have Pure Int, Str/Int, Dex/Int. Assuming so ill test out Str/Dex. Split between 50/50 StrDex
    Last edited by Slade431; 04-20-2014 at 10:42 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I've been wondering the same. Saw one that stood out in particular was around 50+ with 10000+ Kills 0 Deaths PvE.
    Boosted.

All in all pally is only really good at endgame levels, and dextress is useless. Low int = low skill damage. Pally pros - high dodge, armour, can still dish out damage. Dextress - high hit (but you get that with full int), low dodge (like full int) and same with armour. So choice is only really full int or pally

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    110 Posts

Pvp Str/dex Pve 300 int 80str
    "Treat others like you want yourself to be treated, time will reflect your doing upon you someday..."