Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: A Statement About the Rumors Surrounding Free Platinum and Nerfed Crates

1.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,906 Posts

Default A Statement About the Rumors Surrounding Free Platinum and Nerfed Crates

Greetings!

It has come to my attention that there are some rumors spreading about a couple of pretty important things, so I'm here to help clear them up a bit.

Free Platinum Abuse (aka "Plat Farming")

Any abuse of the free platinum offers system is considered theft and fraud, which are both very serious offenses, and like all other things that violate the Spacetime ToS can result in your account being permanently closed without warning.

Crates Being Nerfed to Compensate for "Plat Farmers"

This is absolutely false. The odds of Locked Grand Crates of the watch are the same as they have ever been and have not been altered in any way to compensate for free platinum abuse. Arcane items are just as rare as ever, and it is still a very special occurrence to loot one from a Locked Crate, but that's just the way it has always been.

I hope that this clears some things up!
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

2. The Following 26 Users Say Thank You to Remiem For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Nice

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

Coop
    Fear is my second name...sometimes

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Thanks fr making this announcement, plat farming = fraud. Since plat isnt tradable, wouldnt it be possible to track large influxes of plat to an account and then to cross reference whether this person has purchased them? If the plats were all obtained for free, Please get rid of these accounts.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Sdbigdaddy For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Sweet

Jesusfan
    Trustnbelieve

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

giggity.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Thanks for the clarification on Locked Odds. This is exactly what I expected and assumed but rumors take on a life of their own (usually for the bad) and it is good to have that clarification from STS. While I wish I had looted something of more value when I opened my 150 crates recently I am satisfied that my odds were the same as ever (Not all that good ) to loot an Arcane.

Next time I will have my Daughter click the open button on the crates as she has much better luck than me. I'm sure that will make a difference. With that said my plat purchases are really what I consider fair compensation to STS for the entertainment I have received from the game. I don't open crates often and this was the first time I opened that many at once. It may be a long time before I open that many again but I do believe in purchases to support STS, i don't purchase with intentions of bettering my status in game, although that would have been awesome!!!

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Thrindal For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

well free platinum can be get from doing offers from native x n trial pay..I hope tat isnt illigal ...I heard ppl sharing a link about free platinum n in fb,buying platinum from other users in real cash..I think sts sud add more options to buy platinum..like adding card like ultimate game card,paypal,steam game card..so that players cud buy platinum with the help of this cards..most players age are below 18 so they dont hv credit card to buy plat..atleast they cud buy game card from there monthly saving n buy platinum in game

12. The Following User Says Thank You to sishirrana For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Remiem View Post
    Greetings!

It has come to my attention that there are some rumors spreading about a couple of pretty important things, so I'm here to help clear them up a bit.

Any abuse of the free platinum offers system is considered theft and fraud, which are both very serious offenses, and like all other things that violate the Spacetime ToS can result in your account being permanently closed without warning.

This is absolutely false. The odds of Locked Grand Crates of the watch are the same as they have ever been and have not been altered in any way to compensate for free platinum abuse. Arcane items are just as rare as ever, and it is still a very special occurrence to loot one from a Locked Crate, but that's just the way it has always been.

The first point is all very well, we all already know the outcomes of what happens if your caught doing this but many people do this on different accounts/devices, what can be done to stop this completely is my question, cause this is totally unfair on the people who r paying for there platimun.

Yes I highly doubted you nerfed the crates, but if people r getting platimun so freely by plat cheating that means more people r able to open locks, making it harder for us paying to loot anything, I appreciate your response to all of our concerns, but would really appreciate knowing what your going to enforce to prevent this.

Thanks.
    Last edited by lethaljade; 08-06-2014 at 03:52 PM.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lethaljade For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sishirrana View Post
    well free platinum can be get from doing offers from native x n trial pay..I hope tat isnt illigal ...I heard ppl sharing a link about free platinum n in fb,buying platinum from other users in real cash..I think sts sud add more options to buy platinum..like adding card like ultimate game card,paypal,steam game card..so that players cud buy platinum with the help of this cards..most players age are below 18 so they dont hv credit card to buy plat..atleast they cud buy game card from there monthly saving n buy platinum in game
    I believe my last Plat purchase through Google Play was made using Paypal. No credit card needed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    568 Posts

Always assume a rumor is false rather than true.
    Ebezaanec|Ebezairec|Ebezcookie|Trisomy|Apothem

Following the Code

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Thank you!

Is there any upcoming fix in the mean time? Yes, STG as a company has been banning the abusers but that does not stop the ill-gotten gold/platinum from having been leaked into the economy and as a result, cause hyperinflation.
    Last edited by Zeus; 08-06-2014 at 04:34 PM.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thank you for the statement.

I would also like to know what is to be done about the current glitch in the system itself. It has created a big mess in the current game economy...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Permanent IP ban that will surely hurt... Ouch!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sdbigdaddy View Post
    Thanks fr making this announcement, plat farming = fraud. Since plat isnt tradable, wouldnt it be possible to track large influxes of plat to an account and then to cross reference whether this person has purchased them? If the plats were all obtained for free, Please get rid of these accounts.
    +1 to this. ^

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Greetings!

i got an idea why not shutting down the entire free offers , and give platinum to players each month , amounts such as 10 platinum a month ... , make it 20-30 on double odds , the spamming is destroying the game , you would earn more money if you shut down the offers , the game would go back to normal , and maybe just maybe thousands of the hardcore players who left will come back , the damage is done .. yes tbh , but why wait until the game is beyond fixable ?

P.s the money you make from companies such as nativex is not worth destroying AL , this game has a bright future , for its unique , you have the choice either drag it to demise or to perfection ...

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Greetings!

Dear Moderators,

Your explanation given above is less than sufficient to recover our confidence that the game is fraud free and therefore fair for platinum users. Locking down a few alt accounts is hardly going to resolve this issue. Instead of fighting with symptoms why not get down to the cause? Why would anyone want to invest any more money into your already 'Overpriced Plats' when you let this continue? I am very disgruntled and disappointed with this whole situation now. Please take steps that will lead to our confidence being restored that the game is fair for paying customers, and thus free from 'platinum abuse'.

Thank you.
    Last edited by grzena1982; 08-06-2014 at 07:54 PM.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to grzena1982 For This Useful Post:

Hue

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    177 Posts

alll i know who did this got banned day before yesterday... am happy sts is actually taking steps against these plat farmers.. just keep swiping these farmers!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sishirrana View Post
    I have used the Google pay card with my phone.. it's available in many stores... Once you redeem it into your browser it'll come up as a payment option....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default hhfhahahah

Hahaha this game is awesome but not fair.
    One question rich people can buy platinum and open lockzzz but what about the other players they were playing from years but no arcane stuff or arcane pets. Samuel pet price in game 40mil .normal people cant buy that one. Thats way we are came out from this game . trying to hacking and smashing . so give us a chance also if ur sts not giving us a chance how can we play always loosing in pvp with arcane players. Just think platinum buyers only 1000 to 2000 members but normal players 30000+

28. The Following User Says Thank You to kishorvarun For This Useful Post: