Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: A Statement About the Rumors Surrounding Free Platinum and Nerfed Crates

Robhawk

Haha, nice what my thread started here!

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...yers-come-from

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Filthyness View Post
    i got an idea why not shutting down the entire free offers , and give platinum to players each month , amounts such as 10 platinum a month ... , make it 20-30 on double odds , the spamming is destroying the game , you would earn more money if you shut down the offers , the game would go back to normal , and maybe just maybe thousands of the hardcore players who left will come back , the damage is done .. yes tbh , but why wait until the game is beyond fixable ?

P.s the money you make from companies such as nativex is not worth destroying AL , this game has a bright future , for its unique , you have the choice either drag it to demise or to perfection ...

That's why elite farming has no value now coz players have big source of Gold and plats. Maybe that's why even a little kid is rich in this game .
    Last edited by boyboksingero; 08-07-2014 at 09:40 AM.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to boyboksingero For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kishorvarun View Post
    Hahaha this game is awesome but not fair.
    One question rich people can buy platinum and open lockzzz but what about the other players they were playing from years but no arcane stuff or arcane pets. Samuel pet price in game 40mil .normal people cant buy that one. Thats way we are came out from this game . trying to hacking and smashing . so give us a chance also if ur sts not giving us a chance how can we play always loosing in pvp with arcane players. Just think platinum buyers only 1000 to 2000 members but normal players 30000+
    Platinum Purchasers do deserve some advantage in game as they are supporting STS and paying for improvements... I do think the disparity between classes (wealth) might be too much at the moment. I am a rogue that has purchased some plat although not as much as many that do purchase plat and I have several million in gold and still can't afford any thing new to improve my status. I could afford Glacien or Hammerjaw but they are barely even Arcane pets anymore. So I will continue saving for a Mythic Bow or Samuel but if prices keep going the way they are it will be hard to catch up as prices in some areas are rising faster than I can earn gold. Items like a Shard or Fossil I consider almost permanently out of reach but thats OK, I would just like to be able to improve my standing in some way but reigning in the economy seems like the only way for that to happen for me.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Thrindal For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Thrindal View Post
    Platinum Purchasers do deserve some advantage in game as they are supporting STS and paying for improvements... I do think the disparity between classes (wealth) might be too much at the moment. I am a rogue that has purchased some plat although not as much as many that do purchase plat and I have several million in gold and still can't afford any thing new to improve my status. I could afford Glacien or Hammerjaw but they are barely even Arcane pets anymore. So I will continue saving for a Mythic Bow or Samuel but if prices keep going the way they are it will be hard to catch up as prices in some areas are rising faster than I can earn gold. Items like a Shard or Fossil I consider almost permanently out of reach but thats OK, I would just like to be able to improve my standing in some way but reigning in the economy seems like the only way for that to happen for me.
    Thindral has good point here. Some players accuse AL being P2W game, I think it is not even near to that. There is some plat exclusive pets, but thats it. Oh yeah, you also have possibility to participate to a lottery in form of crates.
    In some other games players who buy plat / diamonds / crystal have actually some advantage in form of recharge prizes etc.

Current mythic prizing is just ballistic. Maybe STS should just cut last zero out from everyones total cash amount to get the economy moving again. E.g. 100M -> 10M, wouldn't it be nice?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

It's a great game, but I'll give my point of view on this. I do not buy plat, and I dont think its unfair, it is very much fair u spend money u get return. But ive been playing for a year and 2 months now, todays my bday x) and i got my first mythic item 3 weeks ago, a lvl 31 entangled bow. It got scammed, along with my blood ruby(second mythic item) so im back to square 1. I cant sell my mythics to change characters and I have roughly 2m leftover.
    We need something to get us moving forward...something to rely on, the chances in locked are so minimum on dropping anything of value that ive already quit doing the free offers from nativex, because after doing 4-5 offers i finally get to open one locked and surprise!, its a 2000 gold streak. We dont have the means to move forward in AL without spending our christmas money on plats, and tbh its getting frustrating and tiring. I was so desperate, the guy who scammed me almost convinced me to scam someone else, though later turned out he was just tricking me with his buddy.
    We have NOTHING to make serious money off of, especially since i enjoy pvp. I saw ur video, facetime with spacetime 2..and we know ur humans, but im sure along with keeping the super high plat prices and the incredibly rare locked drops, you could work towards something to make your game more lasting and enjoyable for us who dont have the means to buy plat. I mean sure, if I put in the time I could probably farm up to 1m of gold, if I do some elites I could get some drops maybe a magma, but we are all frustrated to not be able to have a maul lol or at least i am, and i dont even think ill get a ring, ever. Theyre essentially unreachable for someone like me. I dont post much and i'm not on forums too much, but ive never seen anything about trying to get non plat users an equal chance at winning or doing something noticeable. I understand this post is off topic, but its related in many ways to this thread. What I mean to say is, that people are frustrated enough to risk getting banned that theyre trying to plat farm just to be on a equal playing field with other people at their level. Now I wont call anyone out but I used to have a friend who was always talking about how poor he was(and yes i know i do too-.-), but hes the first one who told me about plat farming and about how he could finally get some gold.
    Naturally, I was happy for him..and soon he had around 5m in cash plus some other mythic items, he was really happy and chose not to continue doing plat farming just in case he did get banned for it. He is only 12 years old, and was finally able to buy his mythics, and I understand that some peeps might say its not fair, that people misuse it and they get arcane rings from it, but why dont we get options in the first place. No i dont mean 2-3 plat from downloading a 50 GB game that may or may not give u the 2-3 plat, or a survey which asks u a million questions(most of which i Lie abt these days) and then says sorry we dont have any surveys for you today, please try again tomorrow. We need more options, something we can do we know will work for us, and im not saying give us gold gifts or anything even though that would help us when we run out of money for pet food in the middle of a clash, and I know how that feels.
    We already have some great ideas floating around, like 15 plat everyday, or if thats too much to ask for per week, its better than nothing. If we HAD the means, u wouldnt be having to run around hunting down plat farmers because they wouldnt be doing it in the first place. Sorry for the length but im venting out everything ive been thinking abt every time i pressed the play button with my mouse, every time i ran out of money, or plat, and needed to do 2-3 offers for a simple respec. By the way I turned 15 today so i guess this can be my bday wish lol, though most of the time they never come true

Another thing, Ive always wanted to be on the lb for pvp or pve kills, why cant we have a lb for THAT season, but weve got arcane ring peeps that are just stacking more banners -.- , a seperate lb for the specific season, and that would be great cause they cant use plat to get ahead in it cause its pvp^^

Sorry for any grammar/spelling mistakes, in a pool no idea what to do since im bored and we arent going anywhere for another two hours :/ tyyy
    Last edited by Aslanx; 08-07-2014 at 02:00 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    203 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aslanx View Post
    It's a great game, but I'll give my point of view on this. I do not buy plat, and I dont think its unfair, it is very much fair u spend money u get return. But ive been playing for a year and 2 months now, todays my bday x) and i got my first mythic item 3 weeks ago, a lvl 31 entangled bow. It got scammed, along with my blood ruby(second mythic item) so im back to square 1. I cant sell my mythics to change characters and I have rougly 2m leftover. We need something to get us moving forward...something to rely on, the chances in locked are so minimum on dropping anything of value that ive already quit doing the free offers from nativex, because after doing 4-5 offers i finally get to open one locked and surprise!, its a 2000 gold streak. We dont have the means to move forward in AL without spending our christmas money on plats, and tbh its getting frustrating and tiring. I was so desperate, the guy who scammed me almost convinced me to scam someone else, though later turned out he was just tricking me with his buddy. We have NOTHING to make serious money off of, especially since i enjoy pvp. I saw ur video, facetime with spacetime 2..and we know ur humans, but im sure along with keeping the super high plat prices and the incredibly rare locked drops, you could work towards something to make your game more lasting and enjoyable for us who dont have the means to buy plat. I mean sure, if I put in the time I could probably farm up to 1m of gold, if I do some elites I could get some drops maybe a magma, but we are all frustrated to not be able to have a maul lol or at least i am, and i dont even think ill get a ring, ever. Theyre essentially unreachable for someone like me. I dont post much and i'm not on forums too much, but ive never seen anything about trying to get non plat users an equal chance at winning or doing something noticeable. I understand this post is off topic, but its related in many ways to this thread. What I mean to say is, that people are frustrated enough to risk getting banned that theyre trying to plat farm just to be on a equal playing field with other people at their level. Now I wont call anyone out but I used to have a friend who was always talking about how poor he was(and yes i know i do too-.-), but hes the first one who told me about plat farming and about how he could finally get some gold.
    Naturally, I was happy for him..and soon he had around 5m in cash plus some other mythic items, he was really happy and chose not to continue doing plat farming just in case he did get banned for it. He is only 12 years old, and was finally able to buy his mythics, and I understand that some peeps might say its not fair, that people misuse it and they get arcane rings from it, but why dont we get options in the first place. No i dont mean 2-3 plat from downloading a 50 GB game that may or may not give u the 2-3 plat, or a survey which asks u a million questions(most of which i Lie abt these days) and then says sorry we dont have any surveys for you today, please try again tomorrow. We need more options, something we can do we know will work for us, and im not saying give us gold gifts or anything even though that would help us when we run out of money for pet food in the middle of a clash, and I know how that feels. We already have some great ideas floating around, like 15 plat everyday, or if thats too much to ask for per week, its better than nothing. If we HAD the means, u wouldnt be having to run around hunting down plat farmers because they wouldnt be doing it in the first place. Sorry for the length but im venting out everything ive been thinking abt every time i pressed the play button with my mouse, every time i ran out of money, or plat, and needed to do 2-3 offers for a simple respec. By the way I turned 15 today so i guess this can be my bday wish lol, though most of the time they never come true

Another thing, Ive always wanted to be on the lb for pvp or pve kills, why cant we have a lb for THAT season, but weve got arcane ring peeps that are just stacking more banners -.- , a seperate lb for the specific season, and that would be great cause they cant use plat to get ahead in it cause its pvp^^

Sorry for any grammar/spelling mistakes, in a pool no idea what to do since im bored and we arent going anywhere for another two hours :/ tyyy
    paragraphs. the. end.
    Kronos Divine Guild Development PICS HERE -- PVP VIDS HERE AL Retiree

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Changed it... a little

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Remiem View Post
    Greetings!

It has come to my attention that there are some rumors spreading about a couple of pretty important things, so I'm here to help clear them up a bit.

Free Platinum Abuse (aka "Plat Farming")

Any abuse of the free platinum offers system is considered theft and fraud, which are both very serious offenses, and like all other things that violate the Spacetime ToS can result in your account being permanently closed without warning.

Crates Being Nerfed to Compensate for "Plat Farmers"

This is absolutely false. The odds of Locked Grand Crates of the watch are the same as they have ever been and have not been altered in any way to compensate for free platinum abuse. Arcane items are just as rare as ever, and it is still a very special occurrence to loot one from a Locked Crate, but that's just the way it has always been.

I hope that this clears some things up!
    The odds have been changed a bit with the addition of elixirs to the Locked Crates. This is similar to how lottos add additional numbers to lower the chance of a winner.

Since we can already purchase these elixirs seperate why are they in the crates? I'd like to think all of us would like to have a chance at items vs receiving elixirs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aslanx View Post
    It's a great game, but I'll give my point of view on this. I do not buy plat, and I dont think its unfair, it is very much fair u spend money u get return. But ive been playing for a year and 2 months now, todays my bday x) and i got my first mythic item 3 weeks ago, a lvl 31 entangled bow. It got scammed, along with my blood ruby(second mythic item) so im back to square 1. I cant sell my mythics to change characters and I have roughly 2m leftover.
    We need something to get us moving forward...something to rely on, the chances in locked are so minimum on dropping anything of value that ive already quit doing the free offers from nativex, because after doing 4-5 offers i finally get to open one locked and surprise!, its a 2000 gold streak. We dont have the means to move forward in AL without spending our christmas money on plats, and tbh its getting frustrating and tiring. I was so desperate, the guy who scammed me almost convinced me to scam someone else, though later turned out he was just tricking me with his buddy.
    We have NOTHING to make serious money off of, especially since i enjoy pvp. I saw ur video, facetime with spacetime 2..and we know ur humans, but im sure along with keeping the super high plat prices and the incredibly rare locked drops, you could work towards something to make your game more lasting and enjoyable for us who dont have the means to buy plat. I mean sure, if I put in the time I could probably farm up to 1m of gold, if I do some elites I could get some drops maybe a magma, but we are all frustrated to not be able to have a maul lol or at least i am, and i dont even think ill get a ring, ever. Theyre essentially unreachable for someone like me. I dont post much and i'm not on forums too much, but ive never seen anything about trying to get non plat users an equal chance at winning or doing something noticeable. I understand this post is off topic, but its related in many ways to this thread. What I mean to say is, that people are frustrated enough to risk getting banned that theyre trying to plat farm just to be on a equal playing field with other people at their level. Now I wont call anyone out but I used to have a friend who was always talking about how poor he was(and yes i know i do too-.-), but hes the first one who told me about plat farming and about how he could finally get some gold.
    Naturally, I was happy for him..and soon he had around 5m in cash plus some other mythic items, he was really happy and chose not to continue doing plat farming just in case he did get banned for it. He is only 12 years old, and was finally able to buy his mythics, and I understand that some peeps might say its not fair, that people misuse it and they get arcane rings from it, but why dont we get options in the first place. No i dont mean 2-3 plat from downloading a 50 GB game that may or may not give u the 2-3 plat, or a survey which asks u a million questions(most of which i Lie abt these days) and then says sorry we dont have any surveys for you today, please try again tomorrow. We need more options, something we can do we know will work for us, and im not saying give us gold gifts or anything even though that would help us when we run out of money for pet food in the middle of a clash, and I know how that feels.
    We already have some great ideas floating around, like 15 plat everyday, or if thats too much to ask for per week, its better than nothing. If we HAD the means, u wouldnt be having to run around hunting down plat farmers because they wouldnt be doing it in the first place. Sorry for the length but im venting out everything ive been thinking abt every time i pressed the play button with my mouse, every time i ran out of money, or plat, and needed to do 2-3 offers for a simple respec. By the way I turned 15 today so i guess this can be my bday wish lol, though most of the time they never come true

so you do not plat spam ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Filthyness View Post
    so you do not plat spam ?
    dont know how, and even if i did i wouldnt risk all my effort gone into this game..even if i am pathetic lel

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kujimasun View Post
    The odds have been changed a bit with the addition of elixirs to the Locked Crates. This is similar to how lottos add additional numbers to lower the chance of a winner.

Since we can already purchase these elixirs seperate why are they in the crates? I'd like to think all of us would like to have a chance at items vs receiving elixirs.
    You have the point there, but in my opinion its still better to get the elixir which u can sell for 6-7k rather than that pink crap worth nothing. If loot is updated one day then luck elixirs should not be a part of it.
    Last edited by grzena1982; 08-07-2014 at 05:06 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

lol I read this and thought 'good for them!' plat fraud will not adversely affect STS as these ppl are largely in groups that cannot purchase plat anyway and have a net effect of introducing more rare items into game increasing supply and boosting demand for locked which is all good from my point of view.

Its not a surprising outcome when 99% of your player base sees no way to gain an equal footing with their plat spending counterparts.

Infact the only downside I can see is if you are one of the people with everything and now you feel slightly less special and are annoyed that someone has taken a short cut which didn't cost them $1000 to get the good gear. In which case please bear in mind that most people view you like that.

This was just cos I was wondering how the economic differences between countries would skew the 'fairness' of a play to win game.

Philippines average wage $279
    USA average wage $3,263

given mythic are 1/100 drop needing 1,500 plat is around $80

Philippines mythic costs 29% of a months salary
    USA mythic costs 2.5% of a months salary

Arcane @ 1/1000 needing 15,000 is around $700

Philippines arcane costs 250% of a months salary
    USA arcane costs 21% of a months salary

Therefore if you live in USA you will perceive value of mythic/arcane very differently as a months wages may get someone from the Philippines a 'good' mythic whereas the same months wages in the USA will almost guarantee all the mythic items and 1 arcane.

*Drop rates are guesstimates, plat cost excludes winning plat in locked, average wages come from wikipedia and I do not know if the price of plat is country dependant.

PS: I buy what I consider a lot of plat, enough to equate to a generous monthly fee of $10/m. I would love to see a move to a subscriber model where you are either a free user or a pay user and you get allocated a set number of plat a month for your subscription. keep the low value 'play game x for 2 plat', remove all betting games that give huge plat payouts to have there chance to ruin peoples lives, would be hypocritical at the moment as this game is not far from that anyway. then have small bonuses for long subscription like vanities.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Foebegone For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

And if they buy golds with plats still good?

Inviato dal mio MZ601 utilizzando Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Foebegone View Post
    lol I read this and thought 'good for them!' plat fraud will not adversely affect STS as these ppl are largely in groups that cannot purchase plat anyway and have a net effect of introducing more rare items into game increasing supply and boosting demand for locked which is all good from my point of view.

Its not a surprising outcome when 99% of your player base sees no way to gain an equal footing with their plat spending counterparts.

Infact the only downside I can see is if you are one of the people with everything and now you feel slightly less special and are annoyed that someone has taken a short cut which didn't cost them $1000 to get the good gear. In which case please bear in mind that most people view you like that.

This was just cos I was wondering how the economic differences between countries would skew the 'fairness' of a play to win game.

Philippines average wage $279
    USA average wage $3,263

given mythic are 1/100 drop needing 1,500 plat is around $80

Philippines mythic costs 29% of a months salary
    USA mythic costs 2.5% of a months salary

Arcane @ 1/1000 needing 15,000 is around $700

Philippines arcane costs 250% of a months salary
    USA arcane costs 21% of a months salary

Therefore if you live in USA you will perceive value of mythic/arcane very differently as a months wages may get someone from the Philippines a 'good' mythic whereas the same months wages in the USA will almost guarantee all the mythic items and 1 arcane.

*Drop rates are guesstimates, plat cost excludes winning plat in locked, average wages come from wikipedia and I do not know if the price of plat is country dependant.

PS: I buy what I consider a lot of plat, enough to equate to a generous monthly fee of $10/m. I would love to see a move to a subscriber model where you are either a free user or a pay user and you get allocated a set number of plat a month for your subscription. keep the low value 'play game x for 2 plat', remove all betting games that give huge plat payouts to have there chance to ruin peoples lives, would be hypocritical at the moment as this game is not far from that anyway. then have small bonuses for long subscription like vanities.
    You forgot one thing on your post... its about the Free platinum being converted to gold and then to real money.. what can you say about that? Its quite common these days. i would rather not mention from what country but if you know what i mean you will understand. :P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Good one.. I used to buy plats and spend almost a thousand of usd,then suddenly met someone whos a midas by just downloadin free offers, and me havent receive any offers for bout a year.. agree with filtyness, just shut this offer down and give plats to every player monthly so they still have chance to open even a single locked if they want. I would like to see more update on this

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Sts there SHOULD be other ways to get arcane i spend over 3k plat and nuttn yet i played over 1 1/2 years

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by InternetExplorer View Post
    You forgot one thing on your post... its about the Free platinum being converted to gold and then to real money.. what can you say about that? Its quite common these days. i would rather not mention from what country but if you know what i mean you will understand. :P
    I do understand this tho there are not so many ways to convert plat into 'new' gold, I think its still better to take gold from the existing pool via CS. But I concede to your point

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

How about promo codes, some ppl always in low lvl maps shouting selling promo code / I think people should be aware of them as well.

I unlive in Underworld. Unlive, not live.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    272 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cyrusrevange View Post
    How about promo codes, some ppl always in low lvl maps shouting selling promo code / I think people should be aware of them as well.
    Promo codes are very old content I think, so the plat promo codes doesn't exist because only items level 1 (A vanity weapon, but not normal item like others) is the reward from promo codes.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Thanks for the reassurance! What about about legendary drop rate in elite Tindrin maps, have they been nerffed since their introduction?