Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: can we have our 50k back in crates please...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts

Default can we have our 50k back in crates please...

Crates are all well and good, everyone likes to open to see if you can get lucky, but it becomes beyond a joke when you open 7k plat worth and loose 4million.
    Today I used 2 chars for the 800 plat bonus on theese accounts together I won an extra 1.5k plat, I also opened a few on my main 600plat plus 175, winning 4 times 100 plat extra, so in total today I opened so in total around 7.5k plat worth of crates I looted 2 mythic armours 1 helm and a lunar, which is equivalent to 3.2m at a push, I spent just over 5m on crates, I looted about 30 in total damage/class elixirs, I dont mind not getting lucky on occasions, afterall its all about luck, so you say.... however I dont appreciate looting usless elixirs such as class, does anyone even use theese? Why did you remove 50k gold from crates? Was it to "gold sink" why would you try and gold sink people who are paying to get mpre gold, im sorry but I cant quite figure this out, I would very much appreciate and im sure alot of people would if theeese useless class elixers were removed and replaced back with the 50k gold payout, it was a terrible idea, to remove the 50k gold.

I also have another problem, there needs to be more things in crates, yes u add new pets every season, but its not frequent enough, the way things are with the market if I looyed a aracne pet such as hammerjaw and glacian I wouldn't even break even, the only thing worth looting that will make you profit if you open a large amount of crates is, samael, , arcane shard, kershal, maul, and this new fossil thats yet to be seen, but hammerjaw glacian, mythic mage rouge war armours, pendants, are barley enough to cover crate costs and plat to gold conversion unless your extremely lucky and loot them in a few crates, which most people r not.

Sorry abit of a rant, but I feel I need to get my point across.

I actually have a change of opinion , however I do feel there needs to be more regularly updated items in crates, so its possible to break even on money and not be at such a loss from opening crates.
    Last edited by lethaljade; 08-08-2014 at 09:33 AM.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to lethaljade For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

1. I agree that there need to be more reasons to open Locks than just new arcane pets. Try talking to the people who oppose upgrading existing mythic armors and amulets, or come up with another idea.

2. Unless I am mistaken you opened about 500 locks. From what I gathered you could expect about 2.5 mythics and 0.3 arcanes, so you got kinda lucky there.

And... I am yet to meet a poor crate opener. Can you estimate how much raw gold you got from those crates?
    Disclaimer: my lameness is figurative but strong

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Milan Lame Man For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    187 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Milan Lame Man View Post
    1. I agree that there need to be more reasons to open Locks than just new arcane pets. Try talking to the people who oppose upgrading existing mythic armors and amulets, or come up with another idea.

2. Unless I am mistaken you opened about 500 locks. From what I gathered you could expect about 2.5 mythics and 0.3 arcanes, so you got kinda lucky there.

And... I am yet to meet a poor crate opener. Can you estimate how much raw gold you got from those crates?
    Estimate of 6k from each= 3,000,000. You must have got some pinks that sell for more than 1k each, if its a low level account, they cost even more. Those mythics have a descent price too. Its alright imo .
    If you want to play a Gamble, be ready to lose everything.

Sent from my Gpad_G1 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    377 Posts

I agree its quite a bummer when u hit a chain of 2k,2k,Arcane ping lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

I agree there needs to be more items in crates, but NOT gold. The idea of putting gold in locked crates was good last year during season 4 when we were having a shortage of gold and prices on everything were super low. Now we have the exact opposite problem and if there are not major changes made, the next arcane item will cost 1 billion gold. I know you think I'm joking but I'm dead serious.

Let them add other items, and if you have an idea of what those items should be, then post those ideas. But keep in mind that if they increase drop rates of mythic and arcane items, then the price on those items will fall. So if you are hoping to get more "value" out of opening locked crates, I'm not sure that is possible. Increase in drop rates means lower prices for the items, so in the end it will all even out.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    I agree there needs to be more items in crates, but NOT gold. The idea of putting gold in locked crates was good last year during season 4 when we were having a shortage of gold and prices on everything were super low. Now we have the exact opposite problem and if there are not major changes made, the next arcane item will cost 1 billion gold. I know you think I'm joking but I'm dead serious.

Let them add other items, and if you have an idea of what those items should be, then post those ideas. But keep in mind that if they increase drop rates of mythic and arcane items, then the price on those items will fall. So if you are hoping to get more "value" out of opening locked crates, I'm not sure that is possible. Increase in drop rates means lower prices for the items, so in the end it will all even out.
    Sorry ener but I really dont agree the gold in crstes was not the problem was all this plat farming thats been going on for a very long time, and to try and gold sink people who r paying alot of money to improve the economy was a bad idea, number 1 the economy has only got worse, so clearly the 50k in crates had nothing to do with it , also can u tell me how anythings improved since the 50k has been removed, if you can't then , there's nothing more to be said.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ishtmeet View Post
    Estimate of 6k from each= 3,000,000. You must have got some pinks that sell for more than 1k each, if its a low level account, they cost even more. Those mythics have a descent price too. Its alright imo .
    If you want to play a Gamble, be ready to lose everything.

Sent from my Gpad_G1 using Tapatalk

Your missing the point, my issue is not that I didnt get lucky, itd the fact breaking even is impossible where as when the 50k was in crates I would always break even, to loose as much as I did today and have done on so many other occasions is ridiculous, this isnt s gambling site , I don't want to gamble , i want to bet my money's worth that im spending on this game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    322 Posts

Back to topic, either bring back 50k gold in crates or put rare awesome items that can give a fight to wild amulets/archon rings/etc in crates but make them as rare as 50k gold loot i think
    Last edited by Samhayne; 08-07-2014 at 03:59 PM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to matanofx For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

I think they should introduce a reward for opening specific amount of creates. For instance, opening 300-400 chests (i.e. 4500-6000k of plats) should reward you with an arcane item regardless of odds. If you get lucky opening chests and you roll an arcane item this chance should be forfeited and the countdown should start over. It would be nice to see that we get a fair value for money.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to grzena1982 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Milan Lame Man View Post

Well funny enough I'm low on gold as all my money is in investments. Poor crate opener right here huhu.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by grzena1982 View Post
    I think they should introduce a reward for opening specific amount of creates. For instance, opening 300-400 chests (i.e. 4500-6000k of plats) should reward you with an arcane item regardless of odds. If you get lucky opening chests and you roll an arcane item this chance should be forfeited and the countdown should start over. It would be nice to see that we get a fair value for money.
    That is a nice idea!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lethaljade View Post
    also can u tell me how anythings improved since the 50k has been removed, if you can't then , there's nothing more to be said.
    Yeah, the economy is getting worse at a slower rate now than it was before LOL. It hasn't improved, but it's not getting worse as fast. If you want it to "improve" then you would probably have to get rid of gold in locked crates entirely. But then the problem is that you end up with too many of those crap pinks.

I think what they should do is change locked crates to just have 1 single item in them instead of 3, triple the odds of mythic items to make up for having only one third as many drops from a crate, and then increase the odds of arcane items by 4 or 5, so that you will see a net increase in the supply of arcane items, the supply of mythics will stay the same, and the supply of both gold and legendary crate gear will decrease to make those items worth more money.

I think I'll make a new thread with this idea....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by grzena1982 View Post
    That's like them putting arcan in store for 6kplat I juet cant see them implementing something like thid, like the idea though, but to avoid wn overflow in market should be every 20k plat you spend ur given a chest that rerolls for arcane or mythic, should br payment plat only though if possible, this would encourage me to open more locks and immsure a number of people

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    Yeah, the economy is getting worse at a slower rate now than it was before LOL. It hasn't improved, but it's not getting worse as fast. If you want it to "improve" then you would probably have to get rid of gold in locked crates entirely. But then the problem is that you end up with too many of those crap pinks.

I think what they should do is change locked crates to just have 1 single item in them instead of 3, triple the odds of mythic items to make up for having only one third as many drops from a crate, and then increase the odds of arcane items by 4 or 5, so that you will see a net increase in the supply of arcane items, the supply of mythics will stay the same, and the supply of both gold and legendary crate gear will decrease to make those items worth more money.

I think I'll make a new thread with this idea....
    You just don't get it ener locks has nothing to do with the economy the gold payout is small, its the amount of plat conversion to gold, thats been coming into game by unfair plst cheats:/, its not fam that us people who r paying for plat to open locks should suffer from this by increasing the odds and changing 3 attempts to 1, doesnt change a thing as the odds would work out exactly the same, just a different format, thats like giving somone 5 attempts to pick out a pink ball out of 15 balls total 5 being pink 10 being blue then changing 1 attempt in 3 balls but making 2 blue 1 pink, the odds r the same 1/3 , I don't understand what your suggesting?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

I don't understand what your suggesting?
    I made another thread about this issue with some specifics. Please understand that even very minor adjustments to an economy with thousands of players will have an effect.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Hahahaha. Literally laughing for once.

---

"The economy is failing! Print more money!" - economy gets "worse"

"See! Printing more money didnt work. We need to decrease federal spending!"- economy gets "worse"

"See! We just didn't print enough money the first time!"- economy gets "worse"

"You just had to wait a little longer! Let's decrease federal spending again"- economy gets "worse"

*Grabs lawn chair* "So, who's up to bat now?"

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Crowsfoot For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Crowsfoot View Post
    Hahahaha. Literally laughing for once.

---

"The economy is failing! Print more money!" - economy gets "worse"

"See! Printing more money didnt work. We need to decrease federal spending!"- economy gets "worse"

"See! We just didn't print enough money the first time!"- economy gets "worse"

"You just had to wait a little longer! Let's decrease federal spending again"- economy gets "worse"

*Grabs lawn chair* "So, who's up to bat now?"
    Lol Crow I don't want 50k back in crates to improve the economy, the economy is already destroyed, however I domt think the 50k removal in crates made anything, any better, and it was the wrong place to do a gold sink tbh because if im paying to open all these crates I want my money's worth and be able to break even, and I cant see any improvements since the 50k was removed , I think its coming to light what the real cause of this problem was/is, but tbh this isnt actually nthe debate im trying to have, I pay to open crates and I think it was wrong to gold sink the people who r paying to try and make more money, also the gold think was such a small scale it really made no difference, and now alot of people know the real cause of the way the economy is...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

Lol Crow I don't want 50k back in crates to improve the economy, the economy is already destroyed, however I domt think the 50k removal in crates made anything, any better, and it was the wrong place to do a gold sink tbh because if im paying to open all these crates I want my money's worth and be able to break even, and I cant see any improvements since the 50k was removed , I think its coming to light what the real cause of this problem was/is, but tbh this isnt actually nthe debate im trying to have, I pay to open crates and I think it was wrong to gold sink the people who r paying to try and make more money, also the gold think was such a small scale it really made no difference, and now alot of people know the real cause of the way the economy is...
    PLAT FARMING.
    EASY PLAT TO GOLD CONVERTERS.

Eh, Had to complete it. :P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts

Lock crates need a new worthwhile item added to them. Gold isn't the answer because IT DOES cause inflation. Prices are out of control at this point. I'd love to see some items that are valuable on the open market so gold can be exchanged between players not created out of thin air. I'll throw out a couple of ideas.

1. Add a new super gem item. This item guarantees a super gem on whatever item you socket. Make it take 2 days to craft so STS still gets a lot of people paying to speed it up. A normal gem needs to be used in conjunction with this.

2. Add a recipe that allows you to make any helm and chest armor into a vanity. These armors lose their stats when you do this and take two days to craft.

3. Add a 200 plat payout. Everyone would be happy to see this.

4. Add a 500 plat payout <----- now we are talking

5. Add several quirky vanity items. Could be things such as a sparkler, candle, spatula(I need to flip my bacon), chainsaw, just anything that can be held in your characters hands that make people lol. We need a handful of these added to keep the rarity up.

6. Add guild charters

7. Add an elixir that increases the drop rate of mythics and arcanes for the next x number of crates opened. There could be several of these that range from 5 crates to 20 crates.

Just a few ideas I've made up on the spot at 8 in the morning. I'm sure other people can come up with some better items that could be added. I think that there needs to be a large variety of possible items that can be looted. This keeps the supply low so they are actually worth some gold in the open market.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    322 Posts

1. Plat to Gold conversion is the real problem that causes gold sink not the crate gold cause i think most people who open 100s of locks buy them not farm and they spend alot more gold to buy crates than the gold they loot from crates.

2. What about vanities looted from crates, rare as 50k loot but diverse
    By diverse i mean 3 vanities for each class so thats a 1/9 chance to loot the exact one you wanted if you even loot 1.

Just an idea feel free to say yay or nay but i want people who open crates to not be so disappointed even tho im not a crate opener (I opened about 40 during event but thats the first and last time).