Name:  Journey_to_Babel_353.jpg
Views: 93
Size:  36.4 KB

Enhance Your Passivity

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts

Well if you read your post you'll see you're telling someone or everyone in general to...
    Stop it, read your thread, wake up, shut mouth, start fresh, get head together...
    Your entire post is aimed at telling the forumer what you feel they should do. Right?
    CO-GM <THE COLLECTIVE>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Candylicks View Post
    Save me a seat next week. (':
    LOL guys.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    367 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gorecaster View Post
    Well if you read your post you'll see you're telling someone or everyone in general to...
    Stop it, read your thread, wake up, shut mouth, start fresh, get head together...
    Your entire post is aimed at telling the forumer what you feel they should do. Right?
    It's common sense dude.

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by obee View Post
    It seems like everytime someone makes a new idea, people keep mocking and criticizing it! EVERYONE STOP IT! Right now! This is getting annoying! For real! Why can't we just work together and make new ideas. PEOPLE PLEASE READ THIS THREAD. Wake up to your dam sense and stop this freaking nonsense. Forums is a dark place because some of you can't keep your mouths shut sometimes! Honestly! I don't care if this thread makes people mad! People need to stop. START FRESH! Yes we are human. But humans have common sense. People are quitting because of this. Everyone has a right to post. Don't mock people or criticize them, or provoke them. I'm fed up with it. You guys are mostly adults, yet sometimes you act like children. C'mon! Stop the madness, get your head together.
    I am not sure how far you have gotten in your Social Studies classes and whether you are familiar with the term Lobbyist. It is a person or more often now a group that attempts to influence legislation to benefit their group. They are not inherently bad but they do have an agenda and that is to benefit a certain sector of the economy. When a player makes a suggestion about the game more often then not they are lobbying and have an agenda. If this suggestion is one that would benefit ALL players then this is generally welcomed by the community. If it is a suggestion that is designed to benefit a certain sector of the economy, then naturally the other players that are members of this sector will rally behind that suggestion and players that are not a member of that sector will attempt to lobby their own position. There is also the issue of the Vocal Minority vs the Silent Majority. The players on the forums are only the tip of the community iceberg, but they are the most vocal ones calling for different changes. The majority of players are currently in game playing the way it currently is and they are the ones most affected by the changes to the economy. it is the reason that all suggestions that are economy related need to be vetted to ensure that any good they cause will not be dwarfed by the collateral damage and this is done by players of all sectors challenging it to see if it stands up.

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to FluffNStuff For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts

Obee, you're doing the right thing by making a post of this nature. Don't worry what anyone else has to say to you. This forum has turned viscous on numerous occasions. There is a civil way for people to disagree with others and work out their differences. What I have seen here is very unruly and not very civil. Attacks on people that as far as I can see have no basis. I don't understand why people are so mean at times.

All we can ask for is people to treat others the way they want to be treated themselves. If you don't agree with a post, that is completely understandable. Just add your two cents to the topic but please do so without slinging insults or putting people down. If you think you have a better suggestion make your own thread and see what the forum population thinks. It is not nice to hijack someone's thread and gang up on them. People please remember this is a game that is suppose to be fun for everyone. Let's try to keep everything a positive experience.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Name:  500px-Anchorman-well-that-escalated-quickly.jpg
Views: 74
Size:  22.7 KB

...haha
    UOENO

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    367 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FluffNStuff View Post
    I am not sure how far you have gotten in your Social Studies classes and whether you are familiar with the term Lobbyist. It is a person or more often now a group that attempts to influence legislation to benefit their group. They are not inherently bad but they do have an agenda and that is to benefit a certain sector of the economy. When a player makes a suggestion about the game more often then not they are lobbying and have an agenda. If this suggestion is one that would benefit ALL players then this is generally welcomed by the community. If it is a suggestion that is designed to benefit a certain sector of the economy, then naturally the other players that are members of this sector will rally behind that suggestion and players that are not a member of that sector will attempt to lobby their own position. There is also the issue of the Vocal Minority vs the Silent Majority. The players on the forums are only the tip of the community iceberg, but they are the most vocal ones calling for different changes. The majority of players are currently in game playing the way it currently is and they are the ones most affected by the changes to the economy. it is the reason that all suggestions that are economy related need to be vetted to ensure that any good they cause will not be dwarfed by the collateral damage and this is done by players of all sectors challenging it to see if it stands up.
    I see nice explanation

Senior Member TheMightyFeusalet's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    56 Posts

Obee for president!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FluffNStuff View Post
    I am not sure how far you have gotten in your Social Studies classes and whether you are familiar with the term Lobbyist. It is a person or more often now a group that attempts to influence legislation to benefit their group. They are not inherently bad but 1) they do have an agenda and that is to benefit a certain sector of the economy. When a player makes a suggestion about the game more often then not they are lobbying and have an agenda. If this suggestion is one that would benefit ALL players then this is generally welcomed by the community. If it is 2) a suggestion that is designed to benefit a certain sector of the economy, then naturally the other players that are members of this sector will rally behind that suggestion and players that are not a member of that sector will attempt to lobby their own position. There is also the issue of the 3) Vocal Minority vs the Silent Majority. The players on the forums are only the tip of the community iceberg, but they are the most vocal ones calling for different changes. The majority of players are currently in game playing the way it currently is and they are the ones most affected by the changes to the economy. 4) it is the reason that all suggestions that are economy related need to be vetted to ensure that any good they cause will not be dwarfed by the collateral damage and this is done by players of all sectors challenging it to see if it stands up.
    I really like the explanation above. It is objective and doesn't give any game related examples while still supplying ample evidence. +1

That said, I would like to go more in depth with a few points, as numbered and bolded by myself above.

1) Any suggestion someone makes on the forums benefits them in some way. I have yet to make a suggestion that didn't help me in some way. However, it may be a buffing of another class (mages) for the benefit of making the game more challenging and entertaining for myself. When reading a suggestion it is vital yo analyze what the writer wants for themself.

2) there are two large forces on this one; Elite Farmers (Time investment) and Platinum Users (Monetary investment). Both recognize the purpose of the other, but usually want their chosen method to be strengthened no matter what. There are exceptions, but that is the relationship in theory.

3) This is a major issue. However, it is one we really can't address. There is no way to identify the views of the silent because they are just that, silent. Therefore it takes a large amount of support or Dev support to get a suggestion added to the game. Think of the Forums as the Legislative Branch and the Devs as the Executive Branch. We create many ideas but there needs to be majority aproval for a suggestion to move on and get Dev attention. Then the Devs can always veto the idea anyway.

4) Nothing to add. Just making sure people notice this.