Thread: Are people still playing Shadow caves?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Norbert View Post
    I hardly play it now. I wold still like some pieces for my mage, but it really isn't much fun as it is. I notice on my friends list that most people aren't in there any more. I hope they fix it, it could be a lot of fun. I wonder if they gather stats on where people play and can see trends. I bet shadow caves has pretty much tanked.
    this is the result of greedy ripoff artist whinning on forum about item price crash where they can't make in hundreds of thousands. there's been a change to make them happy so i don't think there's gonna be another

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lordme View Post
    this is the result of greedy ripoff artist whinning on forum about item price crash where they can't make in hundreds of thousands. there's been a change to make them happy so i don't think there's gonna be another
    It wasn't the result of a greedy rip off artist. In actuality rift gear crashed from 750k to 300k... Void from 600k to 250k Cosmos was barely worth 200k... After that update with 100 percent pink drop rates. It has NEVER happened in a game before and needed to be fixed, it WAS crashing the economy so this was the solution, although they could have removed existing items from the dungeon so everybody got a fair chance... And this is coming from someone who has every single set in the game.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Lol not everyone who complained are "greedy rip-off artists." Just people who understand that 100% drop rate for the best gear in the game does not help the game in any way. Those of us who asked for the drop rate to be lower did not have any control in HOW low they made the drop rate.
    And they likely will change it again to make it more worthwhile, when they see no one is going into the caves.

What they should have done when they saw the game being flooded with he elite items, was do a quick patch to close the caves temporarily until they could figure out the proper drop rate. But they didn't and people had 2-3 days to loot the stuff. So now it's just gonna take longer for the items available to thin out.

Yes, some people made a killing on those first few days, but not everyone. And that's not why we all wanted it to change.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lesrider View Post
    Lol not everyone who complained are "greedy rip-off artists." Just people who understand that 100% drop rate for the best gear in the game does not help the game in any way. Those of us who asked for the drop rate to be lower did not have any control in HOW low they made the drop rate.
    And they likely will change it again to make it more worthwhile, when they see no one is going into the caves.

What they should have done when they saw the game being flooded with he elite items, was do a quick patch to close the caves temporarily until they could figure out the proper drop rate. But they didn't and people had 2-3 days to loot the stuff. So now it's just gonna take longer for the items available to thin out.

Yes, some people made a killing on those first few days, but not everyone. And that's not why we all wanted it to change.
    Ya, if they don't change the droprate to be a LITTLE more frequent though, I'm going to start buying out everything considering then these will be rarer then green ice.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Chronicler of Alterra nazgulking's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Apart that 100% drop rate is not good unless the boss is particularly difficult, I kind of agree with your statement. I'm also happy that the economy crashed, since 600k for some pieces, or even more, is insane (and yes I've farmed a lot and still think this way). For me more then 50k I wouldn't sell, but if this is too harsh maximum 150k. Above this price is just plain insane.