Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: My last idea post....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Default My last idea post....

I have been saving this idea for a while, so at the encouragement of many players who messaged me, I decided that I will post this last idea. I will not be responding to suggestions or criticisms of this idea, so do with it what you would like. If you all hate it, then oh well.... If you like it, then you can thank this post as a show of support and maybe STS will use this idea in the future. If you want to make changes to it, then make your suggestions...

1) A new arcane pet can be introduced called "Icer". Icer will be a whelp and will look like Singe and Nekro, except he will be an ice creature covered in ice like Glacian. See picture below.

2) Instead of dropping from locked crates, an Icer Egg must be crafted from components that drop all over Arlor.

3) The recipe for crafting an Icer Egg can be purchased from "Iclee the Alchemist" in Nordr for 100k. The recipe cannot be traded or sold.

4) The recipe shows the required crafting components as follows:

1 whelp egg base
    3 dragonite bars
    3 ice shards
    1 magic hauntlet gem
    100 frost particles
    100 dragon particles

The crafting process takes 10 days, however you can speed this up with plat.

5) The whelp egg base can be purchased from Iclee the Alchemist for 5m gold or 1500 plat.

6) What are frost particles and dragon particles?

Frost particles are created from elite warchests, and dragon particles are created from elite dragonscale chests.

Iclee the Alchemist can convert your elite chests into particles. He does this by burning the chest over a fire and capturing particles from the remaining ashes. He can convert elite golden chests into 5 particles, elite silver chests into 2 particles, and elite copper chests into one particle.

Just like essences, these particles are NOT tradable.

7) What is a magic hauntlet gem?

A magic hauntlet gem is a new item that can be purchased from the hauntlet token vendor for 800 hauntlet tokens. Yes, you read that right... 800 tokens. I guess you will be running the hauntlet a few times if you want one of these

The magic of this gem allows Iclee to combine the attributes of all the components to form an Icer Egg. These gems can be traded and sold.

8) What is an ice shard?

The recipe for an ice shard can be obtained from Iclee the Alchemist for 100k. Once you have the recipe, an ice shard can be crafted from 50 ice chips. Ice chips drop from Nordr bosses much in the same way dragkin teeth drop from Tindirin bosses. They can rarely drop from regular bosses, but they drop more often from elite bosses. Ice shards can be traded and sold.

Crafting an ice shard takes 3 days, however you can speed this up with plat.

9) So what kind of stats and abilities does Icer have?

His happiness bonus is as follows: +10% speed, +15% damage, +10% crit, +30 Primary Stat, +100 Armor

His arcane ability is called "Ice Shard Explosion": all enemies within an 8 meter area are sucked in and then an ice shard explodes which causes them to freeze or be slowed for 6 seconds. In PvP, enemies are slowed and NOT frozen (same effect as sorcerer's frost bolt).

Name:  icer2l.jpg
Views: 2952
Size:  106.4 KB
    Last edited by Energizeric; 08-10-2014 at 02:19 PM.

2. The Following 93 Users Say Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    117 Posts

OMG, I thought your in your deva mode and where no longer posting?
    I was crazy before it was fashionable.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ihateppl For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    187 Posts

I love your Idea bro. Giving an arcane item by a fixed no. of plats or by doing a quest in order to get it is cool.
    I think, those riches will start hoarding those bars and price of dragonite bars will rise too much and again, wouldn't be possible for a normal farmer to afford that. Instead of 3 dragonbite bars, I suggest you to add 450-500 Teeths instead of it.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Ishtmeet For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

I love this arcane pet that dont need any plats! all farmers will have fun farming all of this.

Also its not that easy to achieve! I love the idea.

Un-like necro it need arcane fossil that only drop in lock crates. ( STS Why not make necro a lock crate drop pet. its the same anyways no point in farming all does things if arcane fossil only drop from lock crates.)

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ishtmeet View Post
    I love your Idea bro. Giving an arcane item by a fixed no. of plats or by doing a quest in order to get it is cool.
    I think, those riches will start hoarding those bars and price of dragonite bars will rise too much and again, wouldn't be possible for a normal farmer to afford that. Instead of 3 dragonbite bars, I suggest you to add 450-500 Teeths instead of it.
    dude u dont need to buy dragon bar. you can farm the teeth and craft the bar. zzzz thats simple only 450 teeth's to craft 3 bars.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    187 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Topnotcher View Post
    dude u dont need to buy dragon bar. you can farm the teeth and craft the bar. zzzz thats simple only 450 teeth's to craft 3 bars.
    I know, that's why I said 450 teeths that is 3 dragonbite bars ofc. For those rich people, it'll become easier as they'll buy bars from cs and prices will go more high. I hope you got it?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    146 Posts

At the end of the day, 450 teeth make 3 dragonite bars, so a normal farmer will be farming for his bars one way or another. However, a player will find many teeth while they are trying to farm 100 dragon particles worth of elite chests.

Wealthy players will have the advantage of being able to buy dragonite bars and elite gold chests from other players, as well as the hauntlet gem.
    No matter what, wealthy players will always have some sort of advantage in long pve quests, as their gear will be better and they can afford to run with elixirs all the time.
    However, these things being tradeable IS a good thing, as average players will be able to farm stuff that has a demand (and thus value). Some rich player will gladly pay well for an early hauntlet gem. And the price of those elite chests will SKYROCKET.

I really love this idea. It does MUCH more than just add a pet to the game. It will heavily stimulate the economy AND give players a reason to be running many different maps. PLUS, it would help create a sizeable gold sink through the initial purchase price of the recipe and from all the listing fees of now valuable items being sold.

Energizeric, you didn't mention something, though: would the recipe be able to create more than 1 Icer egg? Based on precedent, it would...however, I think it'd be better for the game as a whole if the recipe itself was one of the ingredients, so that way it is destroyed. It would benefit the economy GREATLY, sts would see revenue, it would help prevent Icer becoming common (& deserving of being an arcane pet), and it would assure Icer's price never dropped below 10.1 million gold.
    Only those who risk going past the edge will find out how far they can go.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Morholt For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    322 Posts

3 Dragonnite bars sound hardcore for me thats the part i dislike when its a bit too repetitive even for those who play alot, make it 2?

Id like to know if +100 armor is better than +100 hp, also besides +30initial id like +10 all stats or +25initial and +10 all stats

Freeze effect in pvp.. id like atleast a 1.5 seconds total freeze i dunno what anyone else thinks

Other than that i think the idea is great and will drive the game forward in terms of actually seeing people farming maps and looking for parties, i mean more lively community not just merchants and pvpers.

Edit: If this is to happen, i really hope they wait with the idea, lately we've been flooded with new arcane pets.
    Last edited by matanofx; 08-10-2014 at 01:58 AM.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to matanofx For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    218 Posts

Awsome idea! Ofc itll take a verry long time and some skills to craft a pet like that .. but this this would be the best way to give non plat players the chance to own an arcane pet ! +1

Samhayne? You should read that!

Eskimosmurf
    Helden Von Heute - Guild Master

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    187 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Morholt View Post
    At the end of the day, 450 teeth make 3 dragonite bars, so a normal farmer will be farming for his bars one way or another. However, a player will find many teeth while they are trying to farm 100 dragon particles worth of elite chests.

Wealthy players will have the advantage of being able to buy dragonite bars and elite gold chests from other players, as well as the hauntlet gem.
    No matter what, wealthy players will always have some sort of advantage in long pve quests, as their gear will be better and they can afford to run with elixirs all the time.
    However, these things being tradeable IS a good thing, as average players will be able to farm stuff that has a demand (and thus value). Some rich player will gladly pay well for an early hauntlet gem. And the price of those elite chests will SKYROCKET.

I really love this idea. It does MUCH more than just add a pet to the game. It will heavily stimulate the economy AND give players a reason to be running many different maps. PLUS, it would help create a sizeable gold sink through the initial purchase price of the recipe and from all the listing fees of now valuable items being sold.

Energizeric, you didn't mention something, though: would the recipe be able to create more than 1 Icer egg? Based on precedent, it would...however, I think it'd be better for the game as a whole if the recipe itself was one of the ingredients, so that way it is destroyed. It would benefit the economy GREATLY, sts would see revenue, it would help prevent Icer becoming common (& deserving of being an arcane pet), and it would assure Icer's price never dropped below 10.1 million gold.
    Hm, so you mean, we'll farm 900 maps in elite tindrin( As drop rate ain't 100%). And Like I can do all elite tindirn maps under 15 minutes, it is like 13500 minutes which is 225hours of elite farming, isn't it? We farm 225 hours for that bars, and those plat farmers would pay 1-5mil for it and buy that? Do you think it's fair? This idea should be promote Elite Farming, and if someone can buy all those stuff- What's the benifit of farming those? And I'm sure, if this 3 dragonbite bars are exchanged to 450 teeths, none of those PvPers would get this pet for sure, and I'll be watching all those elite farmers running around with this pet.
    If it ever gets implemented, and it's dragonite bars instead of Teeths, I won't even bother doing it.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

I know, that's why I said 450 teeths that is 3 dragonbite bars ofc. For those rich people, it'll become easier as they'll buy bars from cs and prices will go more high. I hope you got it?
    well its the same. let it be so people has options and its better if price go high so non plat users make more money.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    187 Posts

well its the same. let it be so people has options and its better if price go high so non plat users make more money.
    It will take few months to reach 450 teeth. And there'll be a lot of dragonite bars in CS and the price will automatically drop, don't you think? 3 dragonitebars would cost 1-2m each, and 6m for 3. So 6m is better than 2-3months of hardcore farming. If it's the case, I'll buy bars from CS. And no, This doesn't encourages A Farmer.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

It will take few months to reach 450 teeth. And there'll be a lot of dragonite bars in CS and the price will automatically drop, don't you think? 3 dragonitebars would cost 1-2m each, and 6m for 3. So 6m is better than 2-3months of hardcore farming. If it's the case, I'll buy bars from CS. And no, This doesn't encourages A Farmer.
    it does, when price go up as a farming ill farm more teeth to earn more gold. eventually all dragon bar will be out of stock.

and i think dragon bar is not only for arcane ring crafting its also for other arcane items in the future.

+ it only take 2 weeks to get 150m teeth not months. only a newbie get 150 for a month.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    187 Posts

it does, when price go up as a farming ill farm more teeth to earn more gold. eventually all dragon bar will be out of stock.

and i think dragon bar is not only for arcane ring crafting its also for other arcane items in the future.

+ it only take 2 weeks to get 150m teeth not months. only a noob get 150 for a month.
    Lol, it is not 150 teeth he said 450 teeth. you should read the thread carefully. 150 teeth= 400 elite runs, and 15mins for each run is 6000 minutes that is 100 hours. 100 hours is easy for you lol? It's for the ones without life. No one can get 150 teeth in a week unless he plays 24/7. I've sold 5 dragonite bars till now, and i know how much time it takes even you farm day and night.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    465 Posts

I love the idea however 3 dragonite bar is something more than hard to farm. I mean people who cant afford to buy 3 bars, would spend year to actually get 3 dragonite bars. You can replace dragonite bars with something other Stuffs like essences which is non tradable :3
    But like the idea.
    And it shouldn't be last idea coming from you. Dont stop posting like all people said in your last thread. It's a free forum and everyone have rights to post +/- stuffs. Don't ever let people take your freedom. Good luck ener.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Dex Scene For This Useful Post:

-no

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    187 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dex Scene View Post
    I love the idea however 3 dragonite bar is something more than hard to farm. I mean people who cant afford to buy 3 bars, would spend year to actually get 3 dragonite bars. You can replace dragonite bars with something other Stuffs like essences which is non tradable :3
    But like the idea.
    And it shouldn't be last idea coming from you. Dont stop posting like all people said in your last thread. It's a free forum and everyone have rights to post +/- stuffs. Don't ever let people take your freedom. Good luck ener.
    Yes, that's what I said. 3 bars is tough for a farmer and easy for those who have money. It should be something balanced and fair.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Lol, it is not 150 teeth he said 450 teeth. you should read the thread carefully. 150 teeth= 400 elite runs, and 15mins for each run is 6000 minutes that is 100 hours. 100 hours is easy for you lol? It's for the ones without life. No one can get 150 teeth in a week unless he plays 24/7. I've sold 5 dragonite bars till now, and i know how much time it takes even you farm day and night.
    150 teeth per 2 weeks so its will be like 6 weeks for 3 bars. also jasmit our teams dont farm 15mins per map. im sorry we are faster than that. average run time is 7mins max is 9 mins per elite map.

please dont compare us to you coz apparently we dont have the same teams and members. im just saying how fast we farm teethes.

so 450 teeths and 3 dragon bars is the same. why would you request to change it to teeth only and not dragon bars?

your suggestion is lame. if its only teeth how will the farmers make money? you cant trade teeth.

this way dragon bar you got choice if you wana craft the egg or sell the dragon bar its up to you.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Topnotcher For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dex Scene View Post
    But like the idea.
    Thats why its a arcane pet right? it take time to farm.

if its easy to archive then i would tell sts not to approved it . meh why all people want the easy way anyways. this is the only pet does not required plats so you dont need to spend real money on buying plats.

atleast you work hard for it.

so tell me you want the easy way? how about lets put all arcane pet in crates and you purchase plats then pop crates.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    187 Posts

150 teeth per 2 weeks so its will be like 6 weeks for 3 bars. also jasmit our teams dont farm 15mins per map. im sorry we are faster than that. average run time is 7mins max is 9 mins per elite map.

please dont compare us to you coz apparently we dont have the same teams and members. im just saying how fast we farm teethes.

so 450 teeths and 3 dragon bars is the same. why would you request to change it to teeth only and not dragon bars?

your suggestion is lame. if its only teeth how will the farmers make money? you cant trade teeth.

this way dragon bar you got choice if you wana craft the egg or sell the dragon bar its up to you.
    Please post your screenshots of Alagran, Rendtail and elite caves in which you have completed a map in less than 9 minutes? Can you? Thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    187 Posts

Average run time is 7 mins, means you do even less than that? Please post your screenshots and yes pls don't compare anyone with yourself, No on is interested. Don't try to show what you can do. Just stop posting lies and Don't make any false statements.
    Well yes, I am waiting for the screenshots of caves rockhorn and alagran when u complete them under 8 mins. Thanks