Thread: Best Lv 50 Archer Combo for 1v1 PvP

Guardian of Alterra Physiologic's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Default Best Lv 50 Archer Combo for 1v1 PvP

I never played PvP as a level 50 character in my life, nor will I try.

But here is what I think is the theoretical best combo you can make as a full dex bird. By best, I mean the most amount of damage you can do to an opponent as quickly as possible, or as quickly as your fingers permit.

I recommend you be able to complete this combo within 3 seconds or so.

Skills:
    Max all except (4)Avian Scream, (0)Meditation, (0)Restore

Combo:
    Focus->Evasion->Break Armor->Thorn Root->Shattering Scream->Blast Shot->Blinding Shot->Repulse Shot

1. Focus and Evasion are obvious first.
    2. Break Armor sets up -20 armor points on your opponent. Causes Shattering Scream, Blast Shot, Blinding Shot, Repulse Shot, and Avian Scream to be stronger. Break Armor before Thorn Root because Break Armor is a 10 second debuff while Thorn Root is a 3 second debuff.
    3. Thorn Root to reduce the probability that opponent will DODGE Shattering Scream, Blast Shot, Blinding Shot, Repulse Shot, and Avian Scream. Important that you finish the rest of the combo (steps 4-8) within 3 seconds. Also prevents opponent from moving while you finish the rest of the combo.
    4. Shattering Scream to further reduce opponent's armor -14 points. Break Armor debuff should still be active, so -34 armor points total to make Blast Shot, Blinding Shot, Repulse Shot, and Avian Scream stronger.
    5. Blast Shot to cause Cruel Blast combo (which is technically an extra normal attack combined with your Blast Shot).
    6. Blinding Shot to add extra damage while -34 armor point debuff is active.
    7. Repulse Shot to add extra damage while -34 armor point debuff is active.

This thread is not meant to facilitate flaming and I will report all posts that challenges this thread in any negative fashion.

I just wanted to calculate and see if this was the current best combo for full dex birds without stepping into a PvP match

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

its not theres a better one out there

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

If there's a "better" one I would imagine it being quite similar to this. I'm highly positive this is one of the best combos one can use.

Anyway, don't post if you are going to say there's a better one out there and you can't prove it (or are unwilling to give out your PvP secret) - it doesn't contribute to anything.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Well I know a goodone for mages(thanks phar ) but it's too secretive too post...although I may make exceptions...;P
    You have succeeded in life when all you really want is only what you really need. ~Vernon Howard
    Announcing the Pocket Legend Fan Site!! Become Part of the Phenomenon!!

None of your business, creeper... Geez...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

Nice explanation of the combo +1. Yeah the only thing I'd say remotely criticizing this post would be that lvl 50 pvp is really straight-forward with not many options. However some people don't seem to grasp the concept of a bird's NATURAL ROLE in the game: The sniper. Quick-kills. I've seen lvl50 birds with the right gear but when i see restore lol i know at lvl 47 I'm a step ahead XD But definitely the way to go for the lvl 50 birdie
    Expert pvp builder and tester, horrible execution XD
    Quote Originally Posted by Register View Post
    I was trying to be optimistic. Thanks for eating my fries.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Physiologic View Post
    If there's a "better" one I would imagine it being quite similar to this. I'm highly positive this is one of the best combos one can use.

Anyway, don't post if you are going to say there's a better one out there and you can't prove it (or are unwilling to give out your PvP secret) - it doesn't contribute to anything.
    While you are counting time in there, in reality archer combos literally are a second long, maybe 2, and consist of 5 skills or less (for pvp) so knowing that now try , I'll be your beta tester for you.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HerWolf View Post
    Nice explanation of the combo +1. Yeah the only thing I'd say remotely criticizing this post would be that lvl 50 pvp is really straight-forward with not many options. However some people don't seem to grasp the concept of a bird's NATURAL ROLE in the game: The sniper. Quick-kills. I've seen lvl50 birds with the right gear but when i see restore lol i know at lvl 47 I'm a step ahead XD But definitely the way to go for the lvl 50 birdie
    Yeah, there's really no more to it than that for lv 50s since they have access to every single skill...

While you are counting time in there, in reality archer combos literally are a second long, maybe 2, and consist of 5 skills or less (for pvp) so knowing that now try , I'll be your beta tester for you.
    I Just tested out using 8 skills as fast as possible and got around 1-2 second...try it out against other players and let me know

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Not a bad combo I would have to try it. I am still leveling my bird (48 at the time of this post) But I had something similar to yours.
    Sig by KLEMEN
    IGN: E͡ℭ͟ӈҿͥ͜lͣoͫղg level 56 Mega Mage/Sewer mage ~ EchelongX lvl 55 Dex Bird

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Too long of a combo fo sho. Most classes are easily in pvp now, attributes on archer mean didally right now. Just need a decent combo, preferably a short one, and be fast at it. That's all it takes. Also, avian scream is nearly worthless to me. 3M range, my SMS has more range than that. Little or no archers fight that close....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Not counting Focus/Evasion, tapping 6 skills on my Samsung Galaxy S takes about 1 second (I could show a video of this on youtube or something).

I believe users playing on mobile phones - as opposed to iPads or much larger devices - have an advantage in PvP simply because the skills are much closer together on mobile phones.

Perhaps this is a reason why some users can effortlessly execute 6-8 skills under a second, and other users have difficult executing 5 skills in 2 seconds.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Banned View Post
    Other way around. iPad users are fortunate enough to have the ability to tap every skill AT ONCE. While mobile users(iDevice at least) have to tap them individually.
    If that's the case, then that's a huge issue with PvP devs should address, I wouldn't want to go into a match against someone like that!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

If that's the case, then that's a huge issue with PvP devs should address, I wouldn't want to go into a match against someone like that!
    Yep and when PC comes its going to be way harder. (/macros)
    Sig by KLEMEN
    IGN: E͡ℭ͟ӈҿͥ͜lͣoͫղg level 56 Mega Mage/Sewer mage ~ EchelongX lvl 55 Dex Bird

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

I'm really not for the PC version of a game called "Pocket Legends"...you can't exactly fit a laptop or desktop in your pocket

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Ya... I am an archer and when I use all skills at once, it's like all death on everybody against the party. Everybody is dead in the first blast... and nothing they can do about it. Sooo overpowered. Mysticaldream, thelonearcher, and a few others really get annoyed when I do it, so I have to switch to iphone and pvp, which really isn't a big deal because I'm pretty fast on there too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Yeah, there's really no more to it than that for lv 50s since they have access to every single skill...

I Just tested out using 8 skills as fast as possible and got around 1-2 second...try it out against other players and let me know
    Ya, it goes into milliseconds then, it didn't work for me not because it wasn't good, but it was simply too slow, I know it's not my fingers either because I can move pretty darn fast with my fingers.