Thread: Question about Living Spirit Helms/Armors

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Default Question about Living Spirit Helms/Armors

It's obvious that the developers intended for the Living Spirit Helms/Armors to be better than the Ancient Druid Helms/Armors as they were the more rare type that were only available in the better chests. Just one look at the auction and you can see they are more rare than the Ancient Druid as there are far fewer listed for sale.

Living Spirit Helms/Armors have higher base stats than Ancient Druid, and they have 1 H/s & 1 M/s instead of 50/100 Health/Mana that Ancient Druid Helms/Armors have. Most of us have made that direct comparison, and we have decided that the 50/100 health/mana is preferred.

My question is this: do the 1 H/s & 1 M/s scale to level? or do they really mean 1 single point of regen per second?

I ask this because Sorcerer's Lifegiver upgrade that gives regen states 10 H/s, however in practice it scales to level and you get many times more than that. Has anyone tested this? Or perhaps a developer can chime in and let us know.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    It's obvious that the developers intended for the Living Spirit Helms/Armors to be better than the Ancient Druid Helms/Armors as they were the more rare type that were only available in the better chests.
    Are you sure? I don't think so...

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    Just one look at the auction and you can see they are more rare than the Ancient Druid as there are far fewer listed for sale.
    Imo, this is because no one wants to buy living spirit gear, for ancient druids are the better gear. I used to have tons of ancient druids and living spirits after my elock opening, and I noticed that everyone bought out the ancient druids I listed every single time, while hardly anyone bought the living spirit (unless I would list them for a ridiculously low price). I have zero druids left to sell, but my inventory is still full of living spirits...
    Last edited by Instanthumor; 08-15-2014 at 03:52 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Yeah, if you remember there were 2 kinds of event chests. The entangled chests dropped only Ancient Druid gear, while the Elondrian Spirit Chests dropped the Living Spirit gear. You could craft an Elondrian Spirit Chest from 3 Entangled Chests. So obviously the items that dropped from the more premium chests were meant to be the better items.

And yes, there were far more ancient druid items in the elondrian crates than there were living spirit. I only opened about 30 of them, but ended up with only 2 or 3 living spirit and about a dozen ancient druid items. Just search the auction and you will see there are about 5 times as many ancient druid items than living spirit, and the price of living spirit is much higher, in some cases more than double that of the same type of Ancient Druid item.

Anyway, my reason for posting this was not to debate which is better, but to ask a question about the health/mana regen and what it means and how it works.
    Last edited by Energizeric; 08-15-2014 at 04:35 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts

All the chests dropped the same gear. Entangled, spirits and Elondrian crates. Entangled dropped epic rarity items and fewer tokens (3) while spirits had legendaries and 10 tokens.

Not sure if it was an oversight or not but crates should not have had the same gears as the spirit chests.

As for the 1 h/s it does not scale. Which is why at Twink level spirits are preferred. from your other post regarding Twink builds I can infer that you are looking at the big price difference between living and druid.

Ps- don't bother with Twink mage. Unless u hate yourself. When tarlok where around the playing field was a bit even between mages and tanks. You had to work for it, but it was possible to win. Now 1v1 are pretty lopsided and clashes are Meh.
    <The Collective> Retired Warrior/Born Again Rogue