Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Why doesn't the Blizzard Stick get more respect and worth more?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Looking at DPS and Speed of the weapon is not everything. How much Critical Damage it adds, the dodge it contributes, and the base attack it gives out. Its just like saying "why isn't daggers more credited because of it's DPS and speed?" F.Y.I. I hate daggers
    Currahee

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by csb View Post
    The Blizzard Stick can be used at level 45. It's probably the best mage weapon at level 45. This is comparable to the 45 Limbchopper for tanks and 45 Trueshot for birds. All these can be purchased cheap as green or purple drops in cs, or expensive (over 100k) as pinks. I have all three as level 45 pinks :-)

Best weapons at 45:

mage: Blizzard Stick
    tank: Limbchopper
    bird: Trueshot Bow
    It's actually one of the worst mage weapons. Most of your damage will come from spells. Compare the skill damage with your blizzard stick and let's say a dark matter staff for example. D'Jinn wands if you wand to go that route.
    Stuck in the game? Don't know what to do? Try this new awesome section on the forums which contains guides created by players to address various game issues. Click HERE to go to it! You can also use the nifty SEARCH feature on these forums to find your answer as well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Here's the skill damage for each wand on a Mage, 67 dex rest int, with no gear but the wand alone equipped:

Blizzard stick of fate(50) skill damage:

Dreamers Mojo wand(35) skill damage:

Burning wand of fate skill(50) damage:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Huzurpapa View Post
    i did a side by side test at trash heap. i used blizzard stick and the other mage used mega wand. no skills, just wand. i killed trash can 5 seconds faster. when we used skills we killed can about the same time.

i carry both. i use the blizzard stick for the freeze when one on one and the mega when a big group is about. it kind of depends on if there are powerful birds in the group or not. also if i am in a high level dungeon, or farming in the mid levels.

i haven't done formal testing, but when killing bosses i think the freeze works a bit and everyone takes less dmg.

p.s. i listen to ipod while playing. didn't even know the blizzard made annoying noise, lol
    Pretty sure the cans and gold fever's chests don't have much armor. Hence, dps might be usable there.
    404 - not found ...maybe one day...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Alwaysdtf View Post
    Friends don't let friends use blizz sticks.
    Love that and this thread! Been slowly soloing my way up thru the 40s with my dex mage and I'm constantly on the lookout for the best wand/staff until I hit 50. Lots to think about. Saw the stats on a dropped blizz stick and wasn't impressed so sold it and have stuck with my pink bony pin or seer's rod for now until something better drops. Have a burning wand in stash until I hit 50, alas that will still take a while. Have been sticking with ao2 as alien snipers in ao3 take me down too quickly. Logically it makes sense to use a staff instead of wand for the higher damage on spells. My question concerns the sacrifice in armour when moving from wand to staff - is it worth it to lose that extra protection or does it really matter? Especially when considering soloing. Just wondering.
    Grrls Got Game!!!
    AnRK L48 Mage . Rhyval L33 Bird . Myrddynus L30 Bear . Kharris L1 Twinkie
    Anarchy is more than a state of mind

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AnRK View Post
    My question concerns the sacrifice in armour when moving from wand to staff - is it worth it to lose that extra protection or does it really matter? Especially when considering soloing. Just wondering.
    It depends, a good idea is to have both so you can switch at need. Wands are better not only because of bigger armor, but also because you can achieve improvements in other stat (crit%, M/s...) you get from the two items (the wand and the bracer) instead of only one.

I usually play with wand/bracer in mob clearing and switch to staff at boss, but I use staff also when the enemy level/damage is low.