Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Loot changes for planar

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Remiem View Post
    Well I'm happy you guys are giving us non-plat buyers something to do

I just have 1 request. Make the arena more difficult. If not a party full of arcane ring rogues can easily exploit the fossils and they won't retain value.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    377 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjasmurf View Post
    Well I'm happy you guys are giving us non-plat buyers something to do

I just have 1 request. Make the arena more difficult. If not a party full of arcane ring rogues can easily exploit the fossils and they won't retain value.
    Everyone will have a chance to loot the fossils!! having arcane rings doesn't give anyone a better chance of looting fossils.if anything that's what leprechaun amulets do.who cares if fossils drop in value (unless ppl plan to merch them cough cough)I think everyone should have a nekro =) anyways I doubt sts will let fossils drop like Dearys =p

But I do agree bosses need to he a tad harder.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Spell View Post
    Everyone will have a chance to loot the fossils!! having arcane rings doesn't give anyone a better chance of looting fossils.if anything that's what leprechaun amulets do.who cares if fossils drop in value (unless ppl plan to merch them cough cough)I think everyone should have a nekro =) anyways I doubt sts will let fossils drop like Dearys =p

Fossils Drop Like Dearys!

Hip Hip Hip! Hurraaaaaay

Name:  champagne-party.jpg
Views: 353
Size:  121.2 KB

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Anarchist For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    377 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Fossils Drop Like Dearys!

Hip Hip Hip! Hurraaaaaay

Name:  champagne-party.jpg
Views: 353
Size:  121.2 KB
    Oh my lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

Arcane rings give them faster more efficient runs whereas normal geared players will take 4 times longer for 1 run. I never tested the arena but if it's easy as everyone was saying nekro will be common rarity.

I can't wait to farm this arcane fossil but I hope it's a challenge

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Everyone will have a chance to loot the fossils!! having arcane rings doesn't give anyone a better chance of looting fossils.if anything that's what leprechaun amulets do.
    Actually, leprechaun amulets will not help here. Remember that in order to get a re-roll to an arcane rarity drop, you need mythic items in the loot table.

Back when I used to play Pocket Legends, the Mount Fang dungeons had no epic items in the drop table. As a result, you could not re-roll a Legendary Dragon Vanity drop, and they were super rare. I farmed those dungeons for 6 months and never even saw one drop, and they would go for 10m+ per item.

Then STS decided they wanted to sell more luck elixirs, so they added epic items to the drop table. Suddenly everyone started running those dungeons with loot elixirs, and the dragon vanity items started to drop like rain. Within 3 months the prices of those items fell from 10-20m down to 1-3m.

Prior to that change, seeing a dragon vanity item for sale in the auction was a once per month rare sighting. After the change, you would see 10+ dragon vanity items for sale in the auction at a time.

As long as they keep mythic items out of the loot table, the fossil will stay super rare. Don't expect to ever see one drop, but just the fact that it's possible will keep people farming there.

Good job STS!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

You can be as fast as Flash and as strong as Superman but if you don't have Luck you will loot green and blue items till you comatose

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

Pretty much what ener said, it's still rare as hell to loot one as reroll elixir doesn't help. I've ran elite Tindirin a hilariously large amount of times and I've only seen direct pink drops three or four times. So imagine how rare the arcane fossil drop will be.

What's happening here is that instead of having the dilemma of opening something worth 80k in hopes of receiving loot worth 80m (and end up getting loot worth 80g), STS goes ahead and opens those chests for you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

And how big is it's drop %? Having the feeling this isn't worth it for starting up my main.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Madnex View Post
    What's happening here is that instead of having the dilemma of opening something worth 80k in hopes of receiving loot worth 80m (and end up getting loot worth 80g), STS goes ahead and opens those chests for you.
    That is always the big dilemma. Sometimes I miss the fun I had in seasons 1 & 2 when we all used to farm Elite Jarl. You couldn't sell those chests and had to open them, so it was fun to save up around 10 chests and then open them hoping to loot a legendary item. Back then the legendary items were the best ones, so if you looted something good it could be worth 1m, which was actually a lot of gold back then as gold cap was 10m.

I suppose fundamentally it's a better system to allow you to make that choice and sell the chests, but sometimes it feels like you are gambling if you want to open them, where as before you had no choice so if you opened them all and got nothing you didn't regret opening them. The problem is I'm not a gambler, so I always sell my chests, and then end up feeling like some of the excitement of the game is lost.

Having an item like this drop directly from a boss does add a ton of excitement to the game though, and I'm really glad they are adding it. Even if the chances are super low, you know that each time you enter that arena there is a chance you can strike it rich, and that is enough to keep people (including myself) playing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    377 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    Actually, leprechaun amulets will not help here. Remember that in order to get a re-roll to an arcane rarity drop, you need mythic items in the loot table.

Back when I used to play Pocket Legends, the Mount Fang dungeons had no epic items in the drop table. As a result, you could not re-roll a Legendary Dragon Vanity drop, and they were super rare. I farmed those dungeons for 6 months and never even saw one drop, and they would go for 10m+ per item.

Then STS decided they wanted to sell more luck elixirs, so they added epic items to the drop table. Suddenly everyone started running those dungeons with loot elixirs, and the dragon vanity items started to drop like rain. Within 3 months the prices of those items fell from 10-20m down to 1-3m.

Prior to that change, seeing a dragon vanity item for sale in the auction was a once per month rare sighting. After the change, you would see 10+ dragon vanity items for sale in the auction at a time.

As long as they keep mythic items out of the loot table, the fossil will stay super rare. Don't expect to ever see one drop, but just the fact that it's possible will keep people farming there.

Good job STS!
    Oh I see so no amount of luck or leps will help loot fossils hmm.so only if they added an item such as "mystic amulet" to loot table will elixirs and leps be useful.

I wonder what the fossil will look like as a drop!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by obee View Post
    *News flash*

Costs 100 plat per run.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    367 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Instanthumor View Post
    *News flash*

Costs 100 plat per run.
    Lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

So what happens when you reroll an arcane rarity item? Locked crate? Lol that would be a good troll move

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Instanthumor View Post
    *News flash*

Costs 100 plat per run.
    Will it actually cost 100 plat per run? 0.o sorry lol im quite confused.

Ign: Manipulativ

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    367 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hercthegod View Post
    Will it actually cost 100 plat per run? 0.o sorry lol im quite confused.

Ign: Manipulativ
    LOLOL no

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    653 Posts

I think it's great that finally we can farm an Arcane item!
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

It's Gona be like that mace in DL...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

When I first read that, I ran at the calendar like "Is it 1st of April?! " lol. Now non-plat users like me can have a chance of an arcane pet for free! Yaaay

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

fossil yeah hard to get in locked surely it will drop more harded.