Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ending Blocking in PvP.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Default Ending Blocking in PvP.

Starting off what joy comes from a guild having 5 on 1 side and 3 more on the other? Is is desperation for kills? Or We got blocked so lets block back? Peter jumped off the bridge so I'm gonna jump too? Its Player vs Players. In all the online pvp I've never seen such behaviour.

Ergo, I propose a few suggestions to the community of AL and the Developers.

Suggestion 1: In pvp lobby, lock teams to guilds for eg. Player from Guild x is blue, guild y is red. Guild x cannot go over to guild y, because its locked, therefore stopping this childish block play. Furthermore... Create a guild pvp room all together, same concept, but you need 5 players from same guild to start vs 5 from another. Here by removing players choice to choose a side and limiting it strictly to guilds.

Suggestion 2: Vote to kick, people will find a way to ruin a game by simply calling a player from another guild. Vote to kick player, 3/5 to pass.

Hue.
    Last edited by Hue; 08-26-2014 at 12:28 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Some guilds like to fight within guild: DM, Phoenix, Chivalrous Union.

Now, since these guilds are a big portion of end game players, I do not think that they would appreciate this. After all, I learn best by fighting guildies and players who give me a challenge. Why would you deny yourself the opportunity to spar with guildmates to better PvP skills?

Blocking is a guild war thing. If you have been blocked and cannot overcome it, I suggest you leave the room. For me, it is satisfaction enough to know that someone had to block me in order to overcome me. 5 players on their team wasn't enough.

GL!
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

Hahah who is so stupid to block zeus?
    Ign:Fvw

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Some guilds like to fight within guild: DM, Phoenix, Chivalrous Union.

Now, since these guilds are a big portion of end game players, I do not think that they would appreciate this. After all, I learn best by fighting guildies and players who give me a challenge. Why would you deny yourself the opportunity to spar with guildmates to better PvP skills?

Blocking is a guild war thing. If you have been blocked and cannot overcome it, I suggest you leave the room. For me, it is satisfaction enough to know that someone had to block me in order to overcome me. 5 players on their team wasn't enough.

GL!
    "Furthermore... Create a guild pvp room all together, same concept, but you need 5 players from same guild to start vs 5 from another. Here by removing players choice to choose a side and limiting it strictly to guilds."

Still keeping the old pvp room this one is strictly guild vs guild.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

People like to vs guildies, vote to kick is easy to abuse and will be useless if there's 8 people from that guild in that game-.-

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hue View Post
    "Furthermore... Create a guild pvp room all together, same concept, but you need 5 players from same guild to start vs 5 from another. Here by removing players choice to choose a side and limiting it strictly to guilds."

Still keeping the old pvp room this one is strictly guild vs guild.
    Yeah, saw that. Apologies if I didn't make it clear!

However, check the last time STG made any changes to PvP. So, this is why I suggested what I did. New rooms are great but profit = ???

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Yeah, saw that. Apologies if I didn't make it clear!

However, check the last time STG made any changes to PvP. So, this is why I suggested what I did. New rooms are great but profit = ???
    Yeah true, it seems STS takes the easy way out of every issue there is. Its either redirected to nothing, completly ignored thread or the thread is locked/deleted.

Anyway, Arcane legends used to be fun with just mythic gear. At 31 cap it was anyone's game. Guess coding a rebalance is to much hard work, hence the ongoing posts. That never get adressed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jurmans View Post
    People like to vs guildies, vote to kick is easy to abuse and will be useless if there's 8 people from that guild in that game-.-
    Quite true, however people are constantly abusing kill farming, along with platinum farming via VPNs and nothing gets done about it which they are well aware of truth is rough. STS has not shown they care one bit towards loyal paying customers, and those who have to cheat to win.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Default Ending Blocking in PvP.

Pvp in most mobile MMORPGs is dull and lifeless because it is either full of too many rules or the design is horrible. AL is doing pretty good on its FFA and I want it to stay that way, unfortunately spot blocking is pretty common and people are mean so it won't stop.
    Credits to Iady

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

In A.V.A the pros get kicked all the time for being to good...

Robhawk

Quote Originally Posted by Bless View Post
    ...unfortunately spot blocking is pretty common and people are mean so it won't stop.
    When i hear the word "block" allways 1 name comes to my mind xearthquakex. This guy is a block toon because he joins a game and blocks it i think i never saw him play to this point! He does good work for his guild, as Zeus said 5 or 4 in tdm were not enough!

So now i get an infraction because of insult of other players? Well, TY i care as much as STS for pvp changes/bug fixes/ listening to the community/ fixing kershal ! Have a nice day!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts

There's a certain endgame pvp guild that is known for blocking for ganging(as told to me by one of their players) the have 2 teams for pvp. One for killing and one for blocking. It'll never end.

I like the idea I read about a new room that your team is picked for you. No join buttons at all. Mix up top geared players with less than max gear players for a more even match.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

Personally, I would like to see two different PvP rooms.

One is a random room. When you join, all players are assigned names like Red 1, Red 2, Blue 1, Blue 2, etc. This can be based on the current PvP room. You cannot invite anyone to this room, and you cannot choose which team you are on.

The second is a guild purchased room (250 plat to buy this option for your guild). This allows guildies to spar with each other without the drama. Also, this guild "hosted" arena is the only way in which players can be invited to PvP, thereby supporting a proper guild war room.

As an added bonus, a guild can purchase environmentals, so by default, you purchase a TDM room without Truell. Guilds can buy additional environmentals, like Truell, or any of the Gladiator Arena environmentals for a cost of 25 plat each. Then, the PvP host can define which environmentals they want in their match, so effectively, your guild can have a "home arena advantage" if you practice with a specific environmental.

IMHO - it would be fun to set up a guild v guild match with Truell and Vortex Crystals.
    Last edited by GoodSyntax; 08-27-2014 at 07:30 AM.

AL: Kalizzaa
    Retired Officer of <Elite Runners>
    Elite Chronicles: Solo guides for elite maps - No longer maintained

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GoodSyntax For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GoodSyntax View Post

One is a random room. When you join, all players are assigned names like Red 1, Red 2, Blue 1, Blue 2, etc. This can be based on the current PvP room. You cannot invite anyone to this room, and you cannot choose which team you are on.

The second is a guild purchased room (250 plat to buy this option for your guild). This allows guildies to spar with each other without the drama. Also, this guild "hosted" arena is the only way in which players can be invited to PvP, thereby supporting a proper guild war room.

As an added bonus, a guild can purchase environmentals, so by default, you purchase a TDM room without Truell. Guilds can buy additional environmentals, like Truell, or any of the Gladiator Arena environmentals for a cost of 25 plat each. Then, the PvP host can define which environmentals they want in their match, so effectively, your guild can have a "home arena advantage" if you practice with a specific environmental.

IMHO - it would be fun to set up a guild v guild match with Truell and Vortex Crystals.

i absolutely like the idea. The random room prevents spot blocking and guild ganging. While the guild pvp room is plain awesome. The guild pvp room brings in profits to STS and at the same time gives satisfaction to guild members. Its a win-win situation IMO.
    Pvpios lvl 14 rogue

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by shinytoy View Post
    They could make this guild vs guild room a purchasable addition to the guild hall...let's say 100 plat or so for the upgrade.
    There's only so many guilds, they wouldn't get a lot of platinum out of that for the design/coding that goes into play, right? I was thinking perhaps 100 plat for the upgrade and perhaps some form of an energy kit to enter it. Once entered, it wouldn't cost more to keep replaying games. However, if you ran from the map and then wanted to re-enter, it would cost an energy kit to come back.

This way, whenever guilds want to war in it - it's an constantly flowing revenue for STG.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts

@zues The only way they would make revenue is if the kits were plat purchase only. Even if they were tradable, I dont think too many people will be willing to pay to play pvp. I know I wouldnt, but i could be wrong

@goodsyntax I like it +1
    Last edited by phillyr; 08-27-2014 at 08:01 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GoodSyntax View Post

I like how you mentioned the high amount of plat, so STG may actually give this consideration -.-
    Great idea, i love it, buying your own games so you can kick but dummy farmers can use this to their advantage or people can go in and block out other guildies from not getting in so you've got interguild drama instead of drama between two guilds :/ , I suggest having it so that the GM or maybe officers can choose who can enter and to kick out various peeps from the game ....but what if the officers start fighting over it o.o , great idea but a lot to look into imo

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    367 Posts

There's no way to end blocking, ganging, etc. Human nature to want to get to whatever goal, people will gang if they want kills lol. My own friend ganged me for kills lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Blocking is almost totally limited to games involving the guilds who participate in it. These are the people with block-obsessions who tell me to leave as soon as I join a game. They automatically assume I am there to block before the room screen finishes loading, because someone in my guild is on the other team. Then if the same people find they are losing, it "must" be because of someone blocking because their egos say nobody could possibly kill them otherwise.

Normal people in normal guilds don't deal with this crap. We're not paranoid, we play fair, and anyone trying to block us gets bored real fast because they get nothing out of it. No reaction, no hissy-fits, and they don't make us lose either because we don't require our hands held by endless guild backup in order to play.

This is a problem of dramalama guilds, and threads like this always get shut down because they are just fodder for more of that drama, naming people and trash talking. If you don't like it, you do have the option to move to a pro circuit where people are normal and play with sportsmanship and maturity.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Serancha For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    367 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    Blocking is almost totally limited to games involving the guilds who participate in it. These are the people with block-obsessions who tell me to leave as soon as I join a game. They automatically assume I am there to block before the room screen finishes loading, because someone in my guild is on the other team. Then if the same people find they are losing, it "must" be because of someone blocking because their egos say nobody could possibly kill them otherwise.

Normal people in normal guilds don't deal with this crap. We're not paranoid, we play fair, and anyone trying to block us gets bored real fast because they get nothing out of it. No reaction, no hissy-fits, and they don't make us lose either because we don't require our hands held by endless guild backup in order to play.

This is a problem of dramalama guilds, and threads like this always get shut down because they are just fodder for more of that drama, naming people and trash talking. If you don't like it, you do have the option to move to a pro circuit where people are normal and play with sportsmanship and maturity.
    Preach it.