Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aralon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Default Aralon?

Was just browsing the app store and came across a game called Aralon. Looks gorgeous, but costs 10 bucks and I don't think it's multiplayer. Just wondering if anyone has played it, what do you think? I'm not about to drop 10 bucks on a game without trying it first... But it really does look gorgeous for an iPhone rpg.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Heres a Vid review about the game
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofzeOJQgTLY

Looks amazing I can just wish for PL2 to look this good would be amazing.
    Last edited by Echelong; 01-20-2011 at 12:34 PM.
    Sig by KLEMEN
    IGN: E͡ℭ͟ӈҿͥ͜lͣoͫղg level 56 Mega Mage/Sewer mage ~ EchelongX lvl 55 Dex Bird

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Omg there are dragon mounts. If this were an mmo, I'd have bought it 5 minutes ago.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shemron View Post
    Heres a Vid review about the game
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofzeOJQgTLY

Looks amazing I can just wish for PL2 to look this good would be amazing.
    Wow it does look great. Gonna see if I can find more videos of it. And maybe it'll go on sale sometime?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

I have it. Its good on iPhone, graphics really nice and runs smooth.

For the iPad, it's exactly like the iPhone but bigger. Still looks nice, but it could use a separate iPad UI (next update apparently).

For gameplay, its decent. Nice story line, i actually read quest logs and such. I finished it on one character, but i can't seem to find a stash or like to move to my other character. So its just like starting all over again.

Lots of buggy stuff still. Attacking even after mob is dead, the climbing and swimming parts are weird. But good game IMO. Worth the 10? Maybe not. About 5 or less would be good.

Edit: the whole mount/crafting/gathering/fishing thing is too overrated IMO they make it sound like such a big deal and there's really not much. I think you get 3 mounts consecutively in the game. Just speed increasing after first one. For the other stuff, I haven't even needed to do any of them. Crafting is too tiresome to even bother finding ingredients and the npc stuff you need are heck expensive. Fishing ive always tried but no fish ever come out! Gathering is too little too. A bit hard to spot what you can actually gather from.
    Last edited by Ellyidol; 01-20-2011 at 12:43 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

You should also check out Infinity blade. Good game great graphics but I still don't change it for PL. This game fills the gap left when I stopped playing WoW.
    Sig by KLEMEN

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Wonder how that would run on a 3GS.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

You should also check out Infinity blade. Good game great graphics but I still don't change it for PL. This game fills the gap left when I stopped playing WoW.
    She has it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Tha is for the feedback, Beard. Guess I'll wait on it -- maybe they'll at least release a free/lite version at some point to try it out.
    And I do have IB already -- bought it the night it came out . I'm like lvl 41 or so now, but the battles stress me out too much now. They take long when you get to bloodline 10+. My heart races from a battle lol.

Been playing DD mostly now, but was looking to see what I missed, and Aralon struck out at me. Will have to keep an eye on it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Lesrider View Post
    Tha is for the feedback, Beard. Guess I'll wait on it -- maybe they'll at least release a free/lite version at some point to try it out.
    And I do have IB already -- bought it the night it came out . I'm like lvl 41 or so now, but the battles stress me out too much now. They take long when you get to bloodline 10+. My heart races from a battle lol.

Been playing DD mostly now, but was looking to see what I missed, and Aralon struck out at me. Will have to keep an eye on it.
    I wanna play DD but I will not upgrade till there is a better JB for 4.2. I won't lose backgrounder and SBS settings.
    Sig by KLEMEN

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Hmm. Tempted to get it. But it's not an mmo, so I might not.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lesrider View Post

I bought dd, don't know how to play it. Is it any fun? I don't understand the online, and offline thing. When online is it like pvp like in nova 2? Or is it all around online gameplay like pl?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

I wanna play DD but I will not upgrade till there is a better JB for 4.2. I won't lose backgrounder and SBS settings.
    The latest update claims to work on 4.1, but people have still been having problems, so not sure what to tell you.
    DD was 99 cents yesterday for one day only. Now they bumped it up to 4.99 lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticaldream View Post
    I bought dd, don't know how to play it. Is it any fun? I don't understand the online, and offline thing. When online is it like pvp like in nova 2? Or is it all around online gameplay like pl?
    The online is co-op, like PL. But the online is buggy sometimes -- can't connect or it crashes. Also, no chat. So if you're doing multiplayer, get on skype on your PC and voice chat. Makes a WORLD of difference.

They have pvp coming out sometime, but they said it will be a separate app, that you can import your characters to.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

You know what I really want? A game where I'm either a flying firebreathing dragon, or I can ride one. And don't give me that "how to train your dragon" crap lol -- I tried that, was beyond awful.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Question: whats DD?
    Anyways, back on topic. I bought it, but I havent played it a lot yet. It seems pretty cool so far, but theres one problem. I dont really like the little joystick control pad thing you control the character with. If you could touch to move, and if it was multiplayer, I would be on it all the time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

Excuse the bump, but I just played this one.

It's now $4.99 and has undergone a major overhaul. One person said he played it all the way through and it didn't crash. It used to crash a lot at Uthu's Fortress, but that was only if you went there before getting the quest. I found that it would crash during game reloads, but I was always able to simply restart the game with nothing lost.

I have three mounts, but I hear there are eight. I have a wolf, a horse, and a drake. Drakes are non-flying. You do actually get to take a few dragon rides, but I have not found a way to actually get the dragon to become a mount that I can summon like the others.

The main story line is very good. You aren't dragged along on a leash like some games. You get to choose your own path if you don't want to do the story line. They have a bank for stashing things, but you can't exchange them with other characters. Speaking of which, there are 5 save slots plus the auto-save, so you can have multiple characters by saving their games in the various slots. They also have alignment and you start lawful and can turn outlaw by attacking npcs, robbing houses, picking pockets. As an outlaw, all good people attack you, so you can also pay to get your alignment back to neutral. I played a lawful troll warrior and did every single side quest I could find. He's almost level 50 (the cap) but I can't find anyone high enough level to get XP for defeating anymore.

This is a great RPG with nice graphics and lots to do, but after a few weeks of playing, you do run out of things to do. Then all you can do is start over. Top item on my wish list is... another game just like this one with a new story.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts

Default .

Sorry for bumping, but this seems like the perfect thread to share this pic in.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    471 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by adidaman View Post
    Sorry for bumping, but this seems like the perfect thread to share this pic in.
    Um.. What pic?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts

Default .

Apparently it didn't upload. But it's a really cool pic of when I was fighting the final boss.