Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Regarding the Business of Selling Names

1.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,082 Times in 1,386 Posts

Default Regarding the Business of Selling Names

Hello Arlorians. A few threads have popped up recently about the business of selling in-game names for gold, items, or worse, even real money. The question is..."Is this allowed?"

The short answer is: No.

Spacetime Games does not condone any sales or trades that do not fit into the consignment shop or trade window. The reason for this is that we created the trade system and the consignment shop to help to cut down on the possibility of scams in game. We are aware that there is a scam risk with any transaction, but using these systems not only helps players to be fully aware of the transaction they are taking part in, but it also creates logs in our system that the Support Team can use to help track items, investigate scams, etc.

When you conduct transactions purely based on trust that the other player will honor their commitment, you are at a much higher risk for a scam and there is no way for our team to track the transaction to help you recover afterward. 9 times out of 10 they will not be able to recover your lost money or items.

So, we ask that you only use the in-game features available to you for exchanging in-game items. And, if you do choose to take the risk in exchanging items or names for in-game currency without the safety net of the trade window or consignment shop, realize that you do so AT YOUR OWN RISK. Furthermore, these transactions should NOT be conducted in the Spacetime Games forums. The Traders Market forums are ONLY for trades that can be conducted legally using the trade window feature in game.

Also, the more serious issue here is conducting in-game transactions for REAL money, in the forum of cash, pre-paid cards, cell-phone minutes etc. This is prohibited and is a BANNABLE offense. Do not take part in these transactions at all. Ever.

Here is the bit of the Arcane Legends Terms of Service that explains this:

(h) Account and Virtual Item Ownership
    You may not buy, sell, give or trade any account, nor attempt to buy, sell, give or trade any account. SPACETIME owns, has licensed, or otherwise has rights to all of the content that appears in game. You agree that you have no right or title in or to any such content, including without limitation the virtual goods or currency appearing or originating in the SOFTWARE PRODUCT, or any other attributes associated with an account. SPACETIME does not recognize any purported transfers of virtual property executed outside of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT, or the purported sale, gift or trade in the "real world" of anything that appears or originates therein. You may not sell in-game items or currency for "real" money, or exchange those items or currency for value outside of the game.
    | | | | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks

Players looking for a cool and original name.
    Most of these names are reserved or taken from s1 players which are no longer active for x or y reasons.
    Sts does not give the chance to the players to actually use these names which are inactive for a year + and this is the reason why people selling names :^. This could easily be avoided but nope....

Karma Officer
    IGNs : Hazard ( Tank ) , Jxmaa ( Rogue )

Thanks

Finally sts acts against this, idea for jxmaa's problem is removing someone's name if he goes inactive for a year +, the character will stay only nameless.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jurmans For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I stoped playing arcane legends for about a year and a half because I didn't have the time and I recently started playing again (yes I'm a s1 player) and I would have hated it if sts deleted my chars just because I as inactive for a year +, it seems fair to the ppl who want the ign but at the same time it doesn't, you never know when former sts players will come back and play. I know for a fact I would've never started playing again if sts deleted my chars due to the fact that I had decent amount of money and vanities that are discontinued

6. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to EliB For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by EliB View Post
    I stoped playing arcane legends for about a year and a half because I didn't have the time and I recently started playing again (yes I'm a s1 player) and I would have hated it if sts deleted my chars just because I as inactive for a year +, it seems fair to the ppl who want the ign but at the same time it doesn't, you never know when former sts players will come back and play. I know for a fact I would've never started playing again if sts deleted my chars due to the fact that I had decent amount of money and vanities that are discontinued
    As i said the name should be removed the character will stay...

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jurmans For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jurmans View Post
    I was writing my reply I didn't even see your reply, and and it wouldn't be fair as some ppl paid plat to reserve their name for when arcane launched

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to EliB For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Hi Remiem:

I just started to play this game about 2 weeks. Luckily, when I am at lvl 9 , A guy walked by and asked me if i want some gold. Off course, I say YES Please. Then He game me 16.2m. LOL, I thought it was 16200 gold. WOW, and I asked why you give me that much. He said He quits this game. Not much new for him and he got a new born baby. My question is AM I VIOLATED THE TERM OF SERVICE AND GET BAN?
    Please let me know and can i allow to play. I buy a few mythic already. Or I can give back the gold to you??? I dont remember his in game name. Thanks
    Last edited by Remiem; 08-27-2014 at 01:40 PM.

Thanks

It is easy enough to see that someone hasnt been online for a year now and he has a lvl 3 account..it simply means the person ddnt like the game and left it without deleting his toon..they dont even remember the games name perhaps..its easy to remove the toons and let someone else have them..

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Endkey For This Useful Post:

14.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #9
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,082 Times in 1,386 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by newdayaaa View Post
    Hi REmiem:

I just started to play this game about 2 weeks. Luckily, when I am at lvl 9 , A guy walked by and asked me if i want some gold. Off course, I say YES Please. Then He game me 16.2m. LOL, I thought it was 16200 gold. WOW, and I asked why you give me that much. He said He quits this game. Not much new for him and he got a new born baby. My question is AM I VIOLATED THE TERM OF SERVICE AND GET BAN?
    Please let me know and can i allow to play. I buy a few mythic already. Or I can give back the gold to you??? I dont remember his in game name. Thanks

Hi newdaya,

If someone gifts you a large sum of money, that is their prerogative. You have not violated any rules.
    | | | | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Remiem For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jurmans View Post
    That is quite rude to people Who are not playing anymore and return one day...

17. The Following User Says Thank You to jinathedemo For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Once a name is mine it should be mine for LIFE. under no circumstances should a name be available again due to inactivity....
    Retired Officer
    Chivalrous Union
    AARRGGGGGG/ARCHANIST

19. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to aarrgggggg For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,134 Times in 574 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by aarrgggggg View Post
    Once a name is mine it should be mine for LIFE. under no circumstances should a name be available again due to inactivity....
    Yes, I want to keep my names indefinitely. It feels too much like stealing to me, if STG just renames all of my toons because someone played too late. Veterans shouldn't be punished.

My opinion for people who want unique names, use a thesaurus or a dictionary. The English language contains a plethora of awesome words.

I recently created "Depreciated" and "Equivocate." Not that difficult, imo.
    Last edited by Ebezaanec; 08-27-2014 at 05:36 PM.
    Ebezaanec|Ebezairec|Ebezcookie|Trisomy|Apothem

Following the Code

Thanks

Wait, so we can trade usernames, except not in the trader's forum, and we do so at our own risk? Is that correct? Thanks!

22. The Following User Says Thank You to aquascaper For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Hi Remiem:

Gratz on your 16.2mil

Thanks

Lol 16.2m wtf youre damn lucky.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Hi Remiem:

I mean sure, u can give me sum o dat ik i wouldnt mind

Luminary Poster
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jxmaa View Post
    Players looking for a cool and original name.
    Most of these names are reserved or taken from s1 players which are no longer active for x or y reasons.
    Sts does not give the chance to the players to actually use these names which are inactive for a year + and this is the reason why people selling names :^. This could easily be avoided but nope....
    Obviously cause they still play other games? I would hate to come back and play AL after a 1 year leave and see my names i had got in the Beta changed cause some selfish new player wanted it so bad they had to give it to him. No, its my identity not his. And sure everyone wants the name Bilionaire but nah i'm keeping it through my inactivity thanks.

PL) razerfingers, razer, kinglewi SL) deadspace, razerfingers, sharpshooter DL) trueblood, razerfingers, sharpteeth AL) razer, razerfingers, billionaire, donaldtrump

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to razerfingers For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Blog Entries

"The Traders Market forums are ONLY for trades that can be conducted legally using the trade window feature in game." << So, is it mean that selling names in General Discussion or AL Fan Art are legal?

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Kreasadriii For This Useful Post:

Thanks

this means you can sell ign only in game with your own risk and sts cant help you if you get scam. selling ign in forums is not acceptable. now it's clear. thanks rem

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by razerfingers View Post
    Obviously cause they still play other games? I would hate to come back and play AL after a 1 year leave and see my names i had got in the Beta changed cause some selfish new player wanted it so bad they had to give it to him. No, its my identity not his. And sure everyone wants the name Bilionaire but nah i'm keeping it through my inactivity thanks.
    Lol the only one acting selfish here is u, a lot of online games delete your character's name after 1 year.

32. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jurmans For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast