Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Regarding the Business of Selling Names

Thanks
    Blog Entries

names new buiness O.O oooh...
    Last edited by Raselph; 11-18-2014 at 07:37 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Raselph For This Useful Post:

Thanks

What about the inactive people with original names ? If they have been inactive since season 1 can I have Geek? Most likely no but just asking

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Omgmarvel For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,064 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jxmaa View Post
    Players looking for a cool and original name.
    Most of these names are reserved or taken from s1 players which are no longer active for x or y reasons.
    Sts does not give the chance to the players to actually use these names which are inactive for a year + and this is the reason why people selling names :^. This could easily be avoided but nope....
    Quote Originally Posted by Jurmans View Post
    As i said the name should be removed the character will stay...
    Quote Originally Posted by Endkey View Post
    It is easy enough to see that someone hasnt been online for a year now and he has a lvl 3 account..it simply means the person ddnt like the game and left it without deleting his toon..they dont even remember the games name perhaps..its easy to remove the toons and let someone else have them..
    Quote Originally Posted by Jurmans View Post
    Lol the only one acting selfish here is u, a lot of online games delete your character's name after 1 year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aslanx View Post
    Some selfish s1-s2 players coming back to fight for their names, well if youve come back, that doesnt mean that 98% of the other s1-s2 players will be back lol, u dont understand our problem, whereas we can feel your problems, we can understand why you would want to keep that name....

A part of life is moving on, like after death. dont get me wrong im not preaching or anything(im 15) but take a look at my name for example, aslan X

I wanted Aslan. for the lion in the movie "Narnia" since i like lions, and i started playing AL in season 4 lol, maybe players should pay extra to keep their names reserved forever? but what if they made the name "Bad", played the game on mage for a week and quit.....there goes a rlly awesome name people would FIGHT for, dont think i dont understand what u mean, but uve got to understand,. nothing lasts forever in this world, this world wont, you wont, this game wont(unfortunately), and your little IGN wont either, and neither will we, like a lot of people said, theyre moving on, bigger and better things in life, ive recently started dating this Italian girl who im rlly into , but she doesnt let me play the entire week, i only play on weekdays...so im slowly losing interest in this amazing game

You also have picked up and moved on (and im talking to every veteran thats checked sts forums after a year and wants to protect his/her name even tho they wont wait the loading time to go see their character) and trust me ive been where u are now...but we should be unselfish and let others enjoy the cool names too, instead of coming back and fighting for something u probably dont care about. and after its done and over, we eventually wont care about it either, so quit being selfish! move on, and let the game move on , cause i sure would like a name better than "Aslanx" and im sure at least half of our current community of active players would agree with me on this too, so please.
    Quote Originally Posted by Omgmarvel View Post
    What about the inactive people with original names ? If they have been inactive since season 1 can I have Geek? Most likely no but just asking
    Just because of the amount of namehunters I will make sure I will log in once in a month to AL just so my rogue "Ninja" and mage "Dolan" stay active and will never be deleted. Don't rly like the game, I'm more of a free camera type of person, but after seeing these posts I'll make sure of it that those 2 names will never be available.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dudetus For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dudetus View Post
    Just because of the amount of namehunters I will make sure I will log in once in a month to AL just so my rogue "Ninja" and mage "Dolan" stay active and will never be deleted. Don't rly like the game, I'm more of a free camera type of person, but after seeing these posts I'll make sure of it that those 2 names will never be available.
    Oooo I want DOLAN! D:

8. The Following User Says Thank You to CAK Vader For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by newdayaaa View Post
    Hi Remiem:

I just started to play this game about 2 weeks. Luckily, when I am at lvl 9 , A guy walked by and asked me if i want some gold. Off course, I say YES Please. Then He game me 16.2m. LOL, I thought it was 16200 gold. WOW, and I asked why you give me that much. He said He quits this game. Not much new for him and he got a new born baby. My question is AM I VIOLATED THE TERM OF SERVICE AND GET BAN?
    Please let me know and can i allow to play. I buy a few mythic already. Or I can give back the gold to you??? I dont remember his in game name. Thanks
    I wish I didn't read that. Makes me feel like all the work I do somewhat pointless lol....
    Using Tapatalk

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CheifR For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Name inactive for 2 years should be free again . nobody stops playing two years with back guys.no thinking ? happy day !

Thanks

So just ban Lmao already...name hoarders smh

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Remiem View Post
    Hello Arlorians. A few threads have popped up recently about the business of selling in-game names for gold, items, or worse, even real money. The question is..."Is this allowed?"

The short answer is: No.

Spacetime Games does not condone any sales or trades that do not fit into the consignment shop or trade window. The reason for this is that we created the trade system and the consignment shop to help to cut down on the possibility of scams in game. We are aware that there is a scam risk with any transaction, but using these systems not only helps players to be fully aware of the transaction they are taking part in, but it also creates logs in our system that the Support Team can use to help track items, investigate scams, etc.

When you conduct transactions purely based on trust that the other player will honor their commitment, you are at a much higher risk for a scam and there is no way for our team to track the transaction to help you recover afterward. 9 times out of 10 they will not be able to recover your lost money or items.

So, we ask that you only use the in-game features available to you for exchanging in-game items. And, if you do choose to take the risk in exchanging items or names for in-game currency without the safety net of the trade window or consignment shop, realize that you do so AT YOUR OWN RISK. Furthermore, these transactions should NOT be conducted in the Spacetime Games forums. The Traders Market forums are ONLY for trades that can be conducted legally using the trade window feature in game.

Also, the more serious issue here is conducting in-game transactions for REAL money, in the forum of cash, pre-paid cards, cell-phone minutes etc. This is prohibited and is a BANNABLE offense. Do not take part in these transactions at all. Ever.

Here is the bit of the Arcane Legends Terms of Service that explains this:
    Then allow trade of names through trade window xD

Thanks

Nice ahah So is not allowed.

Thanks

many are doing it. how did they do that? change name?

Thanks

Haha i often look ppl sell his name and acc in paradise pier / traveler outpost. Very annoying

Thanks

Oh so will we get bamned for trading names?

Thanks

Yeah.. how do they do it

Thanks

I want name harrystyles

Thanks

wow

Thanks

I will just say that you are so lucky..=)

Thanks

Yeahhh

Forum Adept
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dudetus View Post
    Yeah thats the Problem .... You show exactly what they are meaning . You dont like the game but you are to selfish to free the names ...

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Danisafi For This Useful Post:

Thanks

yes right

Thanks

good rules

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast