Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: The Arlor Cartographer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Wow!.., this is amazing.., great job Greo..

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Meenmoon For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

niced one bro..this map willhelp lodsa players ty

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Sishir Rana For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

Default Kraken Isles

Kraken Isles
    Attached Images Attached Images   

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Greoatef For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    203 Posts

Believe it or not, I have never seen maps from 2 last map of kraken, all nordr, 3 maps of shuyal and 3 maps of tindirin, thanks for your effort!
    Kronos Divine Guild Development PICS HERE -- PVP VIDS HERE AL Retiree

8. The Following User Says Thank You to epicrrr For This Useful Post:

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

This is just WOW!!!

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

Amazzzingggg!!!
    Great job, professional aiming at the picture, make it so interesting to see.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Great job! So beautiful.
    Name:  Shuyal_5_Ashral_Tower (1).jpg
Views: 486
Size:  637.1 KB
    A mistake

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts

Greo, this stuff is truly amazing. Fantastic job my good man!

Also, I think this should be in the guide section. It is very helpful for all new players. It shows the layout of every map and the location of all points of interest. Move this to the guide section please STS.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Bigboyblue For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

Kinda interesting seeing how you visualize all the areas we've all gone through... I'm curious how you determined the maps... was it from looking at the overlay screens or??? Just from sketching it out?
    rogue ~ retired GM Enigmatic

15. The Following User Says Thank You to notfaded1 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

They are compiled minimaps. You take screenshots all the way through, then cut them out in photoshop and merge them together like a jigsaw puzzle (at least that's how I did it for my guide maps). It's a painstaking process.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

Default The Gladiators Dimensional Arena

The Gladiators Dimensional Arena
    The piece de la resistance ..... Here are all the required Elite Boss matched with the correct environment needed for all the Gladiator APS .... tick em off as you go, and dont bother squishing anything you dont need, waste of time, just jump in, check boss, if you have killed already then frag out and reset.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Greoatef For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

Default A Footnote

OK, updated the Dimensional Gladiator map to represent all AP requirements. I pretty much spent all day yesterday and half the day before to find all these bunnies, but there they all are, jump in, jump out, jump in, find the required boss, squish him and move on ... bounce bounce bounce drove me nuts But i think its my favourite image.
    I found the Replacement Challenger early on in actual fact, just lucky i guess? At the time there were only two other guildies online, but at least they got the AP. Many thanks to them for hiding in the corner while i screen grabbed?!?!!?? LOL ... was funny as it was vortex crystal on the Challenger, so we were bouncing around all over the Arena, chaos incarnate HA!!

In conclusion (almost)
    What started out as a simple map and an idea became a bit of a monster actually ...... its taken months, literally, to run all the maps, grab all the mini map outlines (usually about 6 or so pictures) stitch and blend them together, then roto around the map outline to create a very accurate, correctly orientated layout of each map. Then run all the maps screen grabbing the fights and toying with captions .... getting the right shot was hit and miss, but i got many interesting results!
    The captions were a mood thing .... sometimes playful ..... sometimes business like and straight to the point, a quiet concentration ..... at other times tinged on madness (Watchers Tomb was a confused space) LOL ..... and whats entertaining is that each map refelcts the time and place i was at mentally through out the long arduous journey to insanity
    Near the end i now feel overwhelmed with my immersion in Arlor, lived and breathed it now for too long, and the real world seems faded ... gotta get out more .... lol ....
    haha

I ran all maps solo, some boss were impossible to kill alone (Shuyal Innesh for one, and Wraith Heart of course, and Arena Bloodhammer plus a few others, basically any boss that self heals). It was an interesting journey, when i died i screen grabbed, when i found stuff i screen grabbed, like the locked crate ..... everything that happened revealed itself as i progressed through the maps at level 41, and its all been artworked as a tapestry of the adventures of The Cartographer of Arlor

What i find interesting now i look back over all the artwork is the simplicity of the first maps, and how it was hard to screen grab anything exciting simply because the fights lasted less than seconds! You can see overall when the going got tough, more mobs swamping me, and the more complicated the attacks and visual results became as i moved through into the higher levels. You can see how things didnt really start to get interesting until i hit Shuyal?!?!!?!?

There are still things i am missing and a few maps that need doing .... Hauntlet for example ..... also the Elusive Four .... and Krunch II .... and there are a few boss to add as and when i find them , plus i want to map out where the safety statues are in Shuyal Undim Fields, so this is still work in progress .... it never ends ... UGH xD

The Cities were the hardest ... so much information, so little space?!?!? So i might work on these if i have the time. Also what i am doing is photo bombing guildies in different environments and adding them into the maps .... i might add those updates here, or i may just keep those maps in the guild (on our forum at pheonixguild.com ) We are in taverns, in cities, on some maps, dotted around the place keep a look out, kinda like wheres wally.

Back to screen grabbies ...... i screen grabbed near 6000 images to create these maps over the last few months, thats one hell of a lot?!?!? What struck me now i look back at the images is how stunningly beautiful some of the photos are ... the graphical effects of weapons and pet abilities, and the different characters through out Arlor were breathtaking .... ive sorted through all the photos and compiled a best of the best that numbers around 350?!?!? I may well post some of them at some point so you can all see what a stunning job STS have done with the graphics in this game. You will have to forgive the over saturation of myself, Greo, in all the pictures .... hehe ... quite simply there was no way to screen grab things without me in every friggin picture?!?!?! So apologies .... and hope you are not too sick of the sight of me
    HAHA
    It took a long time to screen grab empty areas with no other characters, sometimes i had to wait 30 minutes for everyone to leave just so i could take a snap ... sigh ..... lazy and sometimes frustrating days xxxxx

Arlor is Astoundingly beautiful and fascinating .... amazing job STS!

Hmmmm .... and at the end of all that i had to run all maps on elite mode (pretty much all maps solo) just so i could check to see if any elite map is configured differently to the normal map .... and there are a few that stray from the path .... not saying which Killing Elite Boss was ok till about Nordr, then i just had to run and pot run and pot run and pot and run faster faster faster.

Hope These maps help people in some way, or inspire them to artwork, or simple to provide information, like where can i find Elite Bael II for example, or the Elusive Rockhorn Summit Mini Boss (still missing at least one) OR maybe you want to know what the Dimensional Arena Replacement Challenger looks like because you have never found him .... well look closely at the images and location and happy hunting

Oh ... and if you see me in the field do say hello!!!

Greo.
    Last edited by Greoatef; 09-03-2014 at 02:07 AM.

20. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Greoatef For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Thumbs up

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

Thanks Greo - I referenced your maps on my most recent Ashral Tower walkthrough because I recognize the effort and quality of your work here.

Man, I would have loved to see these back when I was new to elites and just starting to write up guides - it would have saved me a ton of time, and I probably would have written up my guides a bit differently, since you already did the bulk of the work in screenshotting everything.

AL: Kalizzaa
    Retired Officer of <Elite Runners>
    Elite Chronicles: Solo guides for elite maps - No longer maintained

Main St. , Rockhorn Summit in Tindirin, Arlor
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    95 Posts

Pheonix has a history of being pro. I know. :P Anyways, Great work Greo! Your hard work surely paid off.

Click THIS to see my Sig-Tutorials!
    AL (Retired): Theologically : Pacified: Crimple : Pegging

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    181 Posts

amazing!!!!!!!!!

Caabatric. The one nub sorcerer you wont forget.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

Minor updates and amending mistakes to Ashral Tower map title LOL

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

As many have said before, awesome work Greo! It's something different than staying at these awesome islands etc

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Jeremyfr For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    367 Posts

Are you gonna do planar? That would look epic they way you do things

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    783 Posts

That must of taken you ages nice work