Thread: Different style of Archer?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Different style of Archer?

hi

I'd like to read more about different style of stat allocation for archers.

Is there any good guide that talks about it? Or all archers should go pure DEX?

A link will be greatly appreciated, thanks!!
    錫老婆的人有福了 因他必有三餸一湯
    Xechs (Archer) - Xechz (Tank) - Charoro (Paladin)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sorry I dont think there is an updated guide on archers but I'll try to explain. The other most common build is a warbird. The build is 126 Str and 126 Dex. This gives you enough stats to equip the best Dex and Str sets in the game. You'll have to use boosting pinks to get your stat up so you can equip them though. There's a guide about that in the new players section (dual spec by ellyidol). This build is good for pvp and also pve. Of course you can have an intbird too but that's not very good at level 50.
    PL : Elar - 56 Bird | Jiabli - 55 Mage | Signos - 55 Bear | Nisrok - 21 Bear | Hedice - 21 Bird
    SL : Elar - 25 Operative | Formora - 25 Commando | Signos - 13 Engineer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks! it's the dual build that you mentioned right?

In your experience, do you think a pure DEX archer is easier or harder to play than a dual build archer?
    錫老婆的人有福了 因他必有三餸一湯

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hmm, I'm pure Dex now so you know the answer

Yes, the warbird is a dual-build. If you like pvp, then being able to switch to a Str set which gives you alot more def is helpful. You lose out on a few points in stats (can't remember which) because of lower Dex. In pve though I would say Dex bird is the way to go. You can still be very good in pvp with a pure Dex btw so it's really your choice. If you're a new player I suggest going pure so you only need to get one end game set of gear. It's cheaper unless you're well funded.
    PL : Elar - 56 Bird | Jiabli - 55 Mage | Signos - 55 Bear | Nisrok - 21 Bear | Hedice - 21 Bird

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

very cool, thanks!!
    錫老婆的人有福了 因他必有三餸一湯

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Formora View Post
    Sorry I dont think there is an updated guide on archers but I'll try to explain. The other most common build is a warbird. The build is 126 Str and 126 Dex. This gives you enough stats to equip the best Dex and Str sets in the game. You'll have to use boosting pinks to get your stat up so you can equip them though. There's a guide about that in the new players section (dual spec by ellyidol). This build is good for pvp and also pve. Of course you can have an intbird too but that's not very good at level 50.
    Warbird is an archer that uses STR weapons. What ur talking about is a dual spec 127 STR and 127 DEX. In order to be dual spec you need to buy swamprat and copperhead set.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chogu View Post
    Warbird is an archer that uses STR weapons. What ur talking about is a dual spec 127 STR and 127 DEX. In order to be dual spec you need to buy swamprat and copperhead set.
    So you're saying a dual spec cannot use Str weapons? All warbirds are dual spec now (btw I was talking about dual spec the whole time just referred to it as warbird). My bad, it's actually 127 for both (said it was 126 in previous post). And you can use just about any pink that gives +7 of the stat to dual spec not just those two sets.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

A dual spec can use STR weapons. Dual spec birds have 127 STR and 127 DEX. The up-side of having a dual bird is that you can equip both STR and DEX weapons. In order to equip both STR and DEX weapons, you need to purchase the Copperhead set and the Swamprat set because Copperhead items give you +7 more DEX and Swamprat items give you +7 more STR. The down side of having a dual spec is that sometimes you need more health to solo bosses etc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Default ?

I think to use the beast weapons is 158 unless ur talking about lower levels
    But I have full rift bird with strength 158 and the other is dex