Thread: sorcerer for pve

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Default sorcerer for pve

Hi,

i also have a warrior and warrior goes for st, guess sorcerer should go for INT right?

but i see a lot of sorcerers 40 with less damage and dps than my 32 level ... why? i understand that i die very quickly but sorcerers with 250 damage/dps can kill anything?

i have now

level 32(without pet)

str 51
    health 2050

int 390
    bonus dmg 295
    mana 4050
    damage 244.3

dps 439.7
    armor 723

my items:
    firesquid rod of force 30
    bonechill mantle security 30
    reinforced cloth fitness 30
    legend ring *** 25
    infused brooch assault 29

where should i improve? i want to go to 40 level quickly,

thx!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by shinytoy View Post
    I can't say why you're dying. Are you using potions when you're playing? What skills do you use? At your level you should have fire, ice, clock shield. Later on you can add lighting for faster boss kills to swap our for clock. Those first three skills are meant to control the mobs and deal massive amounts of AOE damage. If I remember correctly, the firesquid is a high dps weapon but has low damage. You should worry about damage, not dps.
    His HP and armor value are quite low. You should also run dungeons that aren't hard for your level or tombs but not with people that are way higher leveled than you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

what about pets, what do u suggest until 200k? now im level 34 so i can enter tindirin and it will be quicker to get level 40 i think

feel free to suggest items like weapons or helmets so i can start study market for a few days before buying.

many thx

p.s. for sorcerer i should go for damage and not dps?didnt understand that part

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fran Mac View Post
    what about pets, what do u suggest until 200k? now im level 34 so i can enter tindirin and it will be quicker to get level 40 i think

feel free to suggest items like weapons or helmets so i can start study market for a few days before buying.

many thx

p.s. for sorcerer i should go for damage and not dps?didnt understand that part

dmg is gun and dps is staff.
    If you use lots of skills (ex. fireball) or don't like to face the enemy while firing, then the gun is for you.
    If you auto-attack a lot, and can face the crowd of enemies, then a staff is best for you.
    Some people use a gun for bosses and a staff for mobs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by shinytoy View Post
    You should start looking to buy mythic armor and helm. I know there are other's that are much cheaper and somewhat comparable but if you ever want to get the achievement points, you'll want these items. Plus you can buy now, upgrade at 36 and continue using at 41.

The statement that I made about damage vs dps is regarding items you purchase. Look at the stats you will gain from each weapon you buy. There will be a value for damage and a value for dps. In general, ignore dps and go for weapons that give you greater damage. Damage is what your skills are based off of. When you drop a clock on a mob it's based from damage value, not dps. dps is the damage that your weapon does per second when you hit the weapon attack button and that's it...it does not effect skills.

When purchasing a pet, also look at the stats. I really don't know the pet prices at 200k but some cheap pets that you can buy are ethyl (about 10k), orion (about 25k and good for boss fights), gyrm (over your budget but good to have if you do km3 later on), colton, malison, dova bear, slag (when it goes on sale again it will be cheap) and I'm sure a bunch of others I'm forgetting. These will get you going for a while. Crawly is also a good multi-purpose pet that you can get for free by doing bards tale quests. IMO crawly is often overlooked by many people as a decent pet but I think he's very good.
    You forgot shadowlurk. He is a great pet for mage!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,017 Posts

If you die a lot Orion is a great mage pet.

Not sure how you play but make sure you charge clock then run the hell away and pew pew from a distance. Charged clock is one of the most important skills for mage, and be sure you have it 4/5 (you can skip explode). Honestly you don't need shield until you get to elites, so you can play around w/ any combination of ice, light, wind, and heal as well.

Also, one of the lifegiver does cause aggro on the mage (someone else will have to chime in which one I can't remember) so that could be why you are dying if you are using heal.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Dmg for skills, dps for auto attack. Usually staff had more dps than gun. If your gun or staff had special proc, use auto attack as many as you can to trigger the proc.
    [Newcomx, Newcomy, & Newcomz]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Candylicks View Post
    Also, one of the lifegiver does cause aggro on the mage (someone else will have to chime in which one I can't remember) so that could be why you are dying if you are using heal.
    Lifegiver itself pulls aggro.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fran Mac View Post
    Hi,

i also have a warrior and warrior goes for st, guess sorcerer should go for INT right?

but i see a lot of sorcerers 40 with less damage and dps than my 32 level ... why? i understand that i die very quickly but sorcerers with 250 damage/dps can kill anything?

i have now

level 32(without pet)

str 51
    health 2050

int 390
    bonus dmg 295
    mana 4050
    damage 244.3

dps 439.7
    armor 723

my items:
    firesquid rod of force 30
    bonechill mantle security 30
    reinforced cloth fitness 30
    legend ring *** 25
    infused brooch assault 29

where should i improve? i want to go to 40 level quickly,

thx!
    Spec all points into int for sure
    as far as a skill setup you should use fireball 5/5, clock 5/5, shield 4/5 (dont add the one that pushes mobs away), ice 4/5 dont add the ice patch and lastly lightning 5/5

Use four attack skills and swap out lightning for shield in elites.....

Also i rotate between damage pets ethyl,gyrm, dova and shadowlurk are all great pets for mage and add damage
    but remember that pet damage percentages do not stack with your passive skills so dont bother putting points into your damage passive if you use damage pets as i do

One last thing if you are having trouble staying alive ......make sure you always charge fireball and ice alternate between those 2 skills timed properly makes mobs almost permanantly stunned/frozen that should help
    Last edited by aarrgggggg; 09-05-2014 at 08:47 AM.
    Retired Officer
    Chivalrous Union
    AARRGGGGGG/ARCHANIST

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

thx for the tips