Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Arcane Legends Skill System Feedback Wanted!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Default Arcane Legends Skill System Feedback Wanted!

Hi everyone!

First, an introduction: I'm Fibus and I'm a Senior Game Designer here at Spacetime. I've been here for about a year now and in that time, I've worked on many of the AL features that you have all enjoyed. Going forward, I hope to continue that trend. One of my current projects is the AL Skills System update, which brings me to the focus of this post...

Over the last 2 years, Arcane Legends has grown and developed with tons of new content and changes. Now, we are taking the time to look back at what we have done and see how we can improve. As we have announced (read more at: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...s-Skill-System), on part of the game we're taking a look at is the skill system, including all of the various class skills. While we have certain metrics that we can look at to analyze skill usage, it is also important to get feedback directly from the community, since numbers don't come accompanied with explanations. We want to know how these skills feel to you as part of your builds.

So, we would love for you all to tell us what you like or dislike about your class' skills. Providing any explanations with your answers would be extremely helpful!

• What class do you primarily play?
    • What are your current builds for PvE? PvP? (If your builds are precious to you, I also accept private messages )
    • Which skills/upgrades do you like using and why?
    • Which skills/upgrades do you dislike using and why?
    • Any additional information you want to tell us (but please try to keep it skills related)
    Last edited by Fibus; 09-03-2014 at 01:17 PM.
    "Paper is fine. Nerf Rock." -Scissors

2. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Fibus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

heya Fibus
    primarily rogue... and shadow storm shot is useless for one. I primarily use Aimed shot 5/5, nox 5/5, veil 4/5 no combust, and traps 4/5 no explode but also have Shadow Pierce unlocked just for timed runs.
    Last edited by notfaded1; 09-03-2014 at 01:28 PM.
    rogue ~ retired GM Enigmatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    257 Posts

Hi Fibus! Im Arachnophobik, a warrior.
    I use skyward smash, chest splitter, vengeful blood and horn of renew for pve and for pvp; i tend to adapt to the situation. I either use the same that i use on pve or i replace venge with juggernaut.
    Likes: the survivability with juggernaut, juggernauts anti-movenent impairment effects, vengeful blood buffs, chest splitter feeble.
    Dislikes: juggernaut bug (gets rooted by mage's myth gun proc), juggernaut's heal (at 25%) supposedly healing lower (considering the long cooldown and that rogues can crit throut it a lot i think it shud be a bit higher than how it is now).
    Overall i still dig the skills. Theyre nice. I dont want a 5th skill slot as of now, but if the new skills are released, i bet we will all be in dire need of a fifth one.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Greetings Fibus! I am an mage and i use 3/5 fireball, 2/5 lifegiver, 3/5 timeshift, and 4/5 arcane shield

I like every skill for mage except skills upgrades, the push back upgrade when you charge arcane shield, mobs around you get pushed back an little. That dosent really matter since the mobs can still attack you, i suggest you change it into like additional 2-3 seconds of duration or make the armor of the shield an little tiny bit stronger since rogues with arcane ring/elon bow and samael can still one shot us because we are so underpowered!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,018 Posts

What class do you primarily play? Mage

What are your current builds for PvE?
    4/5 Fireball (no scorch)
    4/5 Light (no shock)
    4/5 Ice (no shatter)
    4/5 Shield (no wave)
    4/5 Clock (no explode)

5/5 Crit, 5/5 Dex, 5/5 Int, 5/5 HP

Which skills/upgrades do you like using and why?
    I like fireball/ice/clock combo to work the mobs in elites. I swap clock to light on bosses and it hits well when it crits. Shield is my friend too, one of the best skills in an end game PvE mage build.

Which skills/upgrades do you dislike using and why?
    Curse never used because I am not a PvP player. Wind I tend to blow my mage across the map on accident so I stay away from that. Heal was OK to lvl with, but useless in elites so I don't use anymore. What is the point of the heal causing aggro? It really makes no sense why a mage would want to bring any more aggro onto itself than necessary.

Any additional information you want to tell us (but please try to keep it skills related)

I would like to see a 5th slot enabled. It's difficult for me to stop and swap out light for clock at a boss and would be great to have both at my fingertips. Also, yes mage could use a boost with shield. We have no dodge and you guys have many PvE maps with wonky red zones. Either increase the duration of shield or decrease the cool down. It makes no sense how you can keep dropping clock but not popping shield, the timing doesn't feel right with these two skills that really need to work together in elites.

Also, you know the passives have issues. Once we figured out the single damage modifier rule many of us specc'd out of damage in both mage and rogue. How about addressing this in the new skill revamp?

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Candylicks For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Candylicks View Post
    I would like to see a 5th slot enabled. It's difficult for me to stop and swap out light for clock at a boss and would be great to have both at my fingertips. Also, yes mage could use a boost with shield. We have no dodge and you guys have many PvE maps with wonky red zones. Either increase the duration of shield or decrease the cool down. It makes no sense how you can keep dropping clock but not popping shield, the timing doesn't feel right with these two skills that really need to work together in elites.
    I agree with this. And not allowing skills to be swapped while under cooldown was stupid. Shame on you to whoever did that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Instanthumor View Post
    I agree with this. And not allowing skills to be swapped while under cooldown was stupid. Shame on you to whoever did that.
    No joking around with skill slots. The number of effects (buffs, debuffs, stuns, etc.) divided on skills as well as their potency and cooldowns were designed to be thrown in a four-slot layout, not higher.

An easier method to replace skills eg. by using saved skill loadouts that can be triggered, say, by swipping the screen above pet AA, yes; bringing back the PvP mess with six skills no, just no. Of course the proposed solution above would require all of your skills to be ready and not under cooldown.

Arlor- Expedition Camp, Traveller's Outpost
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

Mage

I just wanna tell Spacetime that every skill except for Gale Force, Curse. Also I agree with a few users as they requested for a fifth slot as we would be able to use the Shield as well as Life giver together............

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

What class do you primarily play? -- Rounge
    What are your current builds for PvE? PvP? (If your builds are precious to you, I also accept private messages ) -- PVE
    Which skills/upgrades do you like using and why? -- Pierce
    Which skills/upgrades do you dislike using and why? -- Trap
    Any additional information you want to tell us (but please try to keep it skills related) -- None

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts

I feel like the mage needs more support skills since most of the skills just stun and theres not enough skills that have buffs like defense or damage increase. And curse seems more like something only a tank would use and mages seem pretty much like the opposite. And mages seem to be bullied a lot in pvp in my oppinion so maybe fix some of the skills so they can have a fair fighting chance. Tanks have too many support skills that mages should have so maybe tone it down to 2 skills instead of 4.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Instanthumor View Post
    The elimination of swapping skills in pvp was smart in my opinion, the ability to swap skills in pvp just gave people with fast fingers an upper hand. Pvp should not be about whoever can swap their skills the fastest wins, thats not fun.

I think a 5th slot would be awesome too, but then every class should also get an additional skill, say mages should get a skill like juggernaut or spinning daggers or we could get a support skill, cause when you think about it mages are supposed to be a support class. I think that would add a lot more strategy to the game and keep people experimenting with builds
    Last edited by Primeblades; 12-19-2014 at 03:14 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Flawlessfire Level 40 rogue.
    I love the game but the only issue I have is I don't understand the difference between the regular map and the elite map. Why do you not get XP at the beginning of the elite map but the enemies are harder to kill? It makes now sense to me. I think the game should have more maps that you unlock when complete each map. And maybe more levels then stopping at 41😊

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Candylicks View Post
    What class do you primarily play? Mage

What are your current builds for PvE?
    4/5 Fireball (no scorch)
    4/5 Light (no shock)
    4/5 Ice (no shatter)
    4/5 Shield (no wave)
    4/5 Clock (no explode)

5/5 Crit, 5/5 Dex, 5/5 Int, 5/5 HP

Which skills/upgrades do you like using and why?
    I like fireball/ice/clock combo to work the mobs in elites. I swap clock to light on bosses and it hits well when it crits. Shield is my friend too, one of the best skills in an end game PvE mage build.

Which skills/upgrades do you dislike using and why?
    Curse never used because I am not a PvP player. Wind I tend to blow my mage across the map on accident so I stay away from that. Heal was OK to lvl with, but useless in elites so I don't use anymore. What is the point of the heal causing aggro? It really makes no sense why a mage would want to bring any more aggro onto itself than necessary.

Any additional information you want to tell us (but please try to keep it skills related)

Also, you know the passives have issues. Once we figured out the single damage modifier rule many of us specc'd out of damage in both mage and rogue. How about addressing this in the new skill revamp?
    about wind skill , i just upgrade largee area , not dash forward .. sorry 4 my english ^_^

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

More skill slots

17. The Following User Says Thank You to jiph For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

Uhmm im a lvl 7 twink warrior that doesn't want to tell his build, hope you guys come up with smthn cool though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

hey, check pve tips in my signature.

ps.: i think sorcerer class really need a skill/subskill, which removes movement-impairing effects like the unstoppable subskill on warriors juggernaut or the spinning freedom on rogues razor shield upgrade .

and oh, the increased duration upgrade nullfies the spinning freedom, it worth a look, and the unlocked rising death cause less damage on shadow pierce.
    Last edited by Haligali; 09-03-2014 at 03:56 PM.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Haligali For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts

I'll post a couple of deserted skills and upgrades that many of us would like to see changed.

-Rogues:

Shadow Storm Shot - Does super low damage, high cooldown, and is not auto aim. Perhaps a damage buff, such as the critical upgrade could be increased by at least 50-75%. And maybe reduce the cooldown by a second or two.

Noxious Bolt - The skill is great, the issue is the Serrated Arrowhead upgrade does not add 15% damage as it should. It adds no damage whatsoever, as Zeus posted in his thread "Rogue's Tips and Tricks".

Warriors:

-Skyward Smash: again, a great skill but its Effortless Execution is a worthless upgrade. It returns hardly any mana, and warriors already have Vengeful Blood to restore most of their mana. I don't play warrior as much, so someone else could give a replacement suggestion.

-Rally Cry: This skill is only used in some timed runs and Jarl runs to farm locks. The armor increase isn't noticeable and IMO is a waste of a skill.

Sorcerers: Here's where things need to change a bit. I'll leave a couple of my own suggestions, but bottom line is something needs to change.

Gale Force: useless skill. I've tried to like it but simply can't. Its only use is running away and flagging in ctf. It does super low damage, and the grade that sends you flying (forgot name) is suicide in PvE.

Lifegiver: Needs a revamp. Bad. It's almost useless on us squishy sorcerers since by the time we need it, we die anyway. Also, the health and mana regen upgrades are completely useless and are total wastes of 2 slots. The heal is very low, getting me max 60% back, while my rogue can heal 100% and warriors have an amazing HoT and protective shield.

Frost Bolt- Ice patch upgrade is terrible and wastes a slot, pretty good skill otherwise.

Sorcerers are supposed to be the support class, right? Well in PvP, the only supporting we do is curse and our awful heal. In fact at many levels, sorcerers are a hinderance to the team, and are swapped for rogues or warriors in PvP.

Lastly, Passives. The % Passives are almost all useless since they are overriden by higher pet % boosts. Like slag, it's a great pet but makes my speed and damage Passives useless.

Thanks for the thread by the way, we were all hoping for it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to UndeadJudge For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    223 Posts

Hi, I use random skill sets that even I don't understand, for warrior sorcerer AND rogue

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    367 Posts

I'm obee, and I think you guys should implement path skills, one build just for PVe and one just for pvp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

Hey Fibus great to have you on the forums. If it does help you out, I'll post my opinions and builds later. Thanks!