Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Arcane Legends Skill System Feedback Wanted!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

Hey Fibus great to have you on the forums. If it does help you out, I'll post my opinions and builds later. Thanks!

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

Hi there

I use both Rogue and Warrior so I will answer Rogue first then Warrior. Both are level 41

Rogue

Current build

Pierce 1/5
    Aimed Shot 5/5
    Noxious Bolt 5/5
    Combat Medic 5/5
    Veil 4/5 (no decay)

Rest of the points are used in Passives

I like using those skills because

Pierce: Good for PVP as a finisher, killing some mobs in regular PVE and moving faster in maps. Awful in elite though
    Noxious Bolt: Everything about this is good specially the fact it stacks over and over.
    Aimed shot: Everything is good, too good, to the point it's a no brainer and makes everyone pretty much have the same build. Every upgrade synergizes well
    Combat Medic: Great for PVP and every upgrade synergizes well with each other. Has uses in Elite
    Veil: Good except for one upgrade (will discuss in a bit), works great in every aspect of them game (even in PVP if you can manage to have cover and fight on your terms)

Skills I dont like using and why
    Entangling trap: I found most of its good upgrades very heavily based in procs to make it worthwhile or reliable. Basically great effects but not controllable or able to be done at will, now thats fine for a weapon but not on a skill that is occupying 25% of the things you can contribute to a fight or a run.

Decaying combustion (and similar effect in traps): Useless, damage is negligible, why does this exist? Maybe a similar effect to mage fireball(even if not as damaging) and it could bw worth something.

Shadow Storm Shot: this skill is just bad, no redeeming qualities, has to be aimed, awful damage and no good effects. It simply looks "cool", when I see somebody running with this skill I know 100% I dont want them on my party.

Razor shield : Honestly everything about it is good but it has a downfall, it requires you to be in the middle of the action or in suicidal mode, so it's not very useful in elites IMO because you want to be as far as possible from red zones or outside huge groups of mobs and in PVP distance dominates, rogues like kiting.

Warrior

Skyward Smash 2/5, just the stun
    Whirlwind 3/5, Just the extra damage and extra durationn
    Horn 5/5
    Chest Splitter Extra damage, enfeeble
    Juggernaut 5/5
    Vengeful Blood 5/5

What I dont use and why.

Skywayrd Smash: the mana back sounds useful on paper but if you have Vengeful or pots its pretty redundant and ,again, not guaranteed. The extra targets/radius I had it once but barely noticed it
    Whirlwind: Cripple isnt that good and cant remember the other upgrade hehe
    Chest Splitter : the explosion didn't impress me
    Axe Throw : not bad I just feel this is a PVP skill for warriors focused on getting kills and not actually on tanking/team fighting.
    Rally Cry : only good to farm jarl, tried it once, honestly not worth it, specially on the harder maps now.

Additional Notes

Juggernaut needs some sort of tweaking IMO, it used to be terrific for elite (sacrificing an attack slot for extra survibability and taunt) but now the upgrade that heals you when you go below 25% isn't very worth it with the stronger mobs and in PVP rogues running with 50%+ crit.

Hope it helps

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Instanthumor View Post
    Hey Fibus great to have you on the forums. If it does help you out, I'll post my opinions and builds later. Thanks!
    Lel lel lel and if that existed 2015 March today , Al would be done for , ppl already using 4 attack skills full blown with that nekro pet already . They not even using heal or sheild skills