Thread: Worst program ever made... ITUNES!!!!!!!

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Default Worst program ever made... ITUNES!!!!!!!

Ugh I have had one stressful night... I just got a new computer and I am switching over my itunes library. I currently have 3,000 songs sitting in my desktop... "Add Folder to iTunes" DOES NOT make a copy of the files. It just simply freakin uses the desktop ones. I got my ENTIRE library added and organized before I noticed this problem. I tried fixing by adding a cache to the library were it could go to find all the duplicated files. Yeah in Theory should work... Guess what, nope! iTunes wants to have some more fun making my life a nightmare. Now it requires me to locate individual files every time I wish to play any song. Then it also refuses to revert back to at least finding the songs on my desktop. I have basically trashed my entire library and deleted 3 hours worth of work and starting from scratch.....

Now I am having to do "Add File to Library" which DOES NOT transfer over album art, album name or the song name. It requires me to nightmarishly go through 3,000 songs figuring out which song it is and re-labeling it all. I'm tempted to just delete all of my music and go musicless forever. Id rather do that then deal one more minute with this crappy *** program called itunes.

</vent>

Soo yeah... You just went through a day in my life... God all I want to do is listen to spacely & black and yellow right now. But I can't cuz I am running a special-ed program...

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

You should check let iTunes manage my music so it copies everything to the iTunes directory on new computer.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Doesn't work. It "senses" That its all pirated stuff and wont easy manage it for me. I gotta do it all manually and even so its giving me grief on every step.

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Senses? Weird. I dump 'borrowed' music into iTunes all the time, even full unzips with album art and it copies em over to the iTunes directory and adds the artwork.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Pharcyde View Post
    Ugh I have had one stressful night... I just got a new computer and I am switching over my
    itunes library. I currently have 3,000 songs sitting in my desktop... "Add Folder to iTunes" DOES NOT make a copy of the files. It just simply freakin uses the desktop ones. I got my ENTIRE library added and organized before I noticed this problem. I tried fixing by adding a cache to the library were it could go to find all the duplicated files. Yeah in Theory should work... Guess what, nope! iTunes wants to have some more fun making my life a nightmare. Now it requires me to locate individual files every time I wish to play any song. Then it also refuses to revert back to at least finding the songs on my desktop. I have basically trashed my entire library and deleted 3 hours worth of work and starting from scratch.....

Now I am having to do "Add File to Library" which DOES NOT transfer over album art, album name or the song name. It requires me to nightmarishly go through 3,000 songs figuring out which song it is and re-labeling it all. I'm tempted to just delete all of my music and go musicless forever. Id rather do that then deal one more minute with this crappy *** program called itunes.

</vent>

Soo yeah... You just went through a day in my life... God all I want to do is listen to spacely & black and yellow right now. But I can't cuz I am running a special-ed program...
    Sounds like you're having a delightful night. I had that problem too...don't remember how I fixed it...anyways black and yellow= go steelers!!!
    You have succeeded in life when all you really want is only what you really need. ~Vernon Howard
    Announcing the Pocket Legend Fan Site!! Become Part of the Phenomenon!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Black and Yellow all day baby! Steelers are getting Lucky number Seven!

Anywho, I agree with ITunes being ridiculous. Once I had to change ITunes Library with my IPod Touch. When everything was done syncing I noticed it deleted half of the apps I had on it. Had to go through my download history with m Itunes account to figure out all the apps that were deleted.

ITunes, I will see you in hell!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

iTunes > Preferences > Advanced > [X] Copy files to iTunes Media folder when adding to library

Cheers. Also, I find iTunes to be fairly useful.

Flaimdude: Lvl31 Mage Flaimer: Lvl15 Arch Flaimior: Lvl14 Bear
    "If you're not careful asommers will catch up to you lol" ~Royce

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Ah iTunes fun. I remember when I was transferring all my music from my old computer. Still don't remember how I got it to work -- I know I had some similar issues.

Most of my music in iTunes doesn't have the artwork bc I loaded them off CDs/my old puter instead of buying online. That's always annoyed me. I bought the music, I should be able to see the artwork in iTunes!!

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by flaimdude View Post
    iTunes > Preferences > Advanced > [X] Copy files to iTunes Media folder when adding to library

Cheers. Also, I find iTunes to be fairly useful.
    You sir...... are my new hero......... +1 flaim! ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Lesrider View Post
    Ah iTunes fun. I remember when I was transferring all my music from my old computer. Still don't remember how I got it to work -- I know I had some similar issues.

Most of my music in iTunes doesn't have the artwork bc I loaded them off CDs/my old puter instead of buying online. That's always annoyed me. I bought the music, I should be able to see the artwork in iTunes!!
    all you gotta do is press the first song on the album, hold shift then press the last song on the album. Then were it says "Drag Album Artwork Here". All you do is go onto google, find the album cover then drag it directly from the internet onto itunes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pharcyde View Post
    all you gotta do is press the first song on the album, hold shift then press the last song on the album. Then were it says "Drag Album Artwork Here". All you do is go onto google, find the album cover then drag it directly from the internet onto itunes.
    Gee, that doesn't sound time consuming AT ALL!

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lesrider View Post
    Gee, that doesn't sound time consuming AT ALL!
    Its not too bad, It took me about 30 minutes to get Album Artwork for all my stuff. Its all Bootlegged so it doesn't come with artwork :/.