Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Elite dungeon No fun with pots

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Royce View Post
    The discussion is about health and mana pots not elixers. Originally health and mana pots could not be used on elite maps, though there were health and mana orb pickups. Unfortunately, like everything truly challenging in this game, it was nerfed and now they are allowed there.
    Ya I just read back and it seemed to have changed towards pots early on. My apologies.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Speaking as someone who can solo most maps but still can't solo FN without pots, why must every map appeal to every type of player? If more casual players want to play, almost every map allows that. What's wrong with have a map or two for people who find the other maps too easy and want something challenging.

And throwing around the word "Elite" like it's an insult is to misunderstand what that word means. "Elite" doesn't mean "I think I'm better than you, huzzah ELITE!!" It's a label for a map for those players who have played longer and have put more into the game than a casual player and who want something a little more skill-appropriate. I mean, you do understand the presence of elite maps is not a personal insult to you, right?

It's like going skiing once every couple of years and expecting every slope to be a bunny.

Play the game anyway you want. Play casually, play hardcore. One isn't any better than the other. But if you're casual, stop whining about maps that are too hard that aren't meant for casual players. You enjoy your style of play. Don't begrudge others how they want to play just because some maps don't cater to your play style.

And now I'm done feeding the troll
    Last edited by Dizzy; 01-26-2011 at 12:59 PM. Reason: repeated words repeated

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Royce View Post
    The discussion is about health and mana pots not elixers. Originally health and mana pots could not be used on elite maps, though there were health and mana orb pickups. Unfortunately, like everything truly challenging in this game, it was nerfed and now they are allowed there.
    Frankly I don't quite care for the orbs. I think those are dumb ideas, because there's too many dumb players. I leave them orbs for players who really need it, so they can save a pot or two.
    I played with several, just to quote an example, a str bear with full health bar running for the orb, when those are meant for squishy toons almost dying.

So, yeah.. good job devs. Orbs are stupid except for Gurgox the big fart.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzy View Post
    Speaking as someone who can solo most maps but still can't solo FN without pots, why must every map appeal to every type of player? If more casual players want to play, almost every map allows that. What's wrong with have a map or two for people who find the other maps too easy and want something challenging.

And throwing around the word "Elite" like it's an insult is to misunderstand what that word means. "Elite" doesn't mean "I think I'm better than you, huzzah ELITE!!" It's a label for a map for those players who have played longer and have put more into the game than a casual player and who want something a little more skill-appropriate. I mean, you do understand the presence of elite maps is not a personal insult to you, right?

It's like going skiing once every couple of years and expecting every slope to be a bunny.

Play the game anyway you want. Play casually, play hardcore. One isn't any better than the other. But if you're casual, stop whining about maps that are too hard that aren't meant for casual players. You enjoy your style of play. Don't begrudge others how they want to play just because some maps don't cater to your play style.

Sure, call someone a troll, when they don't agree. How nice.

That just means you've ran out of intelligent things to say and have to resort to name callings and trashing. That's kinda pathetic.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ava View Post
    Frankly I don't quite care for the orbs. I think those are dumb ideas, because there's too many dumb players. I leave them orbs for players who really need it, so they can save a pot or two.
    I played with several, just to quote an example, a str bear with full health bar running for the orb, when those are meant for squishy toons almost dying.

So, yeah.. good job devs. Orbs are stupid except for Gurgox the big fart.
    Ok. Now I am confused. You are saying "no potions" and "no orbs"?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by StompArtist View Post
    Ok. Now I am confused. You are saying "no potions" and "no orbs"?
    Frankly I don't care, they wanna have the orbs there with or pots or whatever, I ain't the one complaining. I just choose not to use em whenever/whichever..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Frankly I don't care, they wanna have the orbs there with or pots or whatever, I ain't the one complaining. I just choose not to use em whenever/whichever..
    Well then unless someone has issues with your ability not to use pots there is really nothing to debate is there?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

If you want more challenging homework, you go seek out more challenging subjects/topics in the library or take your older brother's MBA books to challenge yourself. Ya don't whine and wait for your teacher to hand you some senior students workbook, or complain your teacher ain't challenging you enough. Grow up , ok ?

The ski slopes are ALL bunny hills for me, if I want some challenge, I go roll down one in a wooden barrel. Hows that for a challenge ?

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Sure, call someone a troll, when they don't agree. How nice.

That just means you've ran out of intelligent things to say and have to resort to name callings and trashing. That's kinda pathetic.
    I calls 'em as I sees 'em. You're needlessly defensive and confrontational even when people try to discuss things rationally with you, and this isn't the first thread you've derailed with your ranting style of posting. Also, I'm capable of calling names and still having plenty of intelligent things to say. One thing does not preclude the other. But nice strawman argument there.

I made plenty of valid points which you chose to ignore. That just means you've got no response and you concede to me. Ah I see how it works...

*added to ignore list* life's too short...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by StompArtist View Post
    Well then unless someone has issues with your ability not to use pots there is really nothing to debate is there?
    Finally, someone who actually thinks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I calls 'em as I sees 'em. You're needlessly defensive and confrontational even when people try to discuss things rationally with you, and this isn't the first thread you've derailed with your ranting style of posting. Also, I'm capable of calling names and still having plenty of intelligent things to say. One thing does not preclude the other. But nice strawman argument there.

I made plenty of valid points which you chose to ignore. That just means you've got no response and you concede to me. Ah I see how it works...

*added to ignore list* life's too short...
    Ahh yes, life is too short indeed. I didn't ignore you, I just don't like to repeat myself to people who are too lazy to read.

Besides, too bad for you, intellects don't do name calling. Name callings are for dumb people. OK ? Good.
    Last edited by Ava; 01-26-2011 at 02:04 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Focus!

Allowing pots makes it easier. = not elite anymore.

As I said; I cleared all Nightmare bosses in only 30'ish groups - but all players were experiences WoW/MMORPG'ers.

"You can just avoid taking your pots" is missing my point. Since I can't control if other players use pots, lesser skilled players will enter and use critical time on pot'ing (saving themselves from bad playing) instead of playing their role in the team (tanking/healing/DPS'ing).

Devs: Give us something TRULY ELITE to beat before we are 50....

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

I decided to finish frozen nightmares after they added pots. I didn't feel like buying pots so I got 320 snowballs yesterday with zero potions. The dungeons not even hard without potions. If you want a real challenge beyond potion guzzling in the shadow elite, make a level 30 group and run frozen nightmares with no potions. Its the only real challenge left in the game that isn't "Use 4000 potions a day or your screwed".