Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Razor shield glitch (mods please fix)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

What alhunt said is spot on, if mages had a stun immunity perk, it's back to even ground. Everyone then has the opportunity to have stun immunity and the 'skillfullness' of each player is timing exactly when to use this immunity. Atm yeah sure mages have their 2 seconds of invulnerability, but every rogue that's worth anything knows to stun and then that two sec is toast. After that mages shield just stops us from being insta killed by anything, it's not op it's just making up for the armor we lose over either other class.

That being said, rogues haven't had to change their play method for numerous seasons, the standard aimed nox pierce packs did everything they needed to. Now that they have adapted we mages can't expect the same fire light heal shield to work all the time, so start being proactive and work on finding a solution to squishing rogues once again.

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    584 Posts

What I don't get is, why does the stunning class only get to stun the stunning class, and no other class? We're the stunning class for a reason, no?

Just even out the playing field by giving mages a stun immunity skill.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alhuntrazeck:1819411
    What I don't get is, why does the stunning class only get to stun the stunning class, and no other class? We're the stunning class for a reason, no?

Just even out the playing field by giving mages a stun immunity skill.
    Rogues don't always use Razor since its dumb to use it in some situations.

Mages have 3 stun skills don't they? Fire, light, gale? By that logic, tanks are a stun class too since they have 2 stun skills. That doesn't make them a stun class though. See it this way:

Mages are Dps/Support
    Warriors are tanks
    Rogues are dps

What Geusaquac said is correct, we all have been playing the same skills and combos - to counter it you need to experiment & play with other tactics. Well let's see what the new skill system is going to bring.
    Last edited by Bless; 09-10-2014 at 09:45 AM.
    Credits to Iady

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    584 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bless View Post

Mages have 3 stun skills don't they? Fire, light, gale? By that logic, tanks are a stun class too since they have 2 stun skills. That doesn't make them a stun class though. See it this way:

Mages are Dps/Support
    Warriors are tanks
    Rogues are dps

What Geusaquac said is correct, we all have been playing the same skills and combos - to counter it you need to experiment & play with other tactics. Well let's see what the new skill system is going to bring.
    Most pro rogues (including you) use razor in 1v1s vs mages. Fireball can't stun, neither can slag; our dps is too low to actually matter, rogues outclass us their, and support? How can you support in a 1v1.

Also if warriors are tanks, why the freaking flying potatoes did STS give them a 25% damage, 25% crit and 60 str buff????? I don't get it..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

Mages are Dps/Support
    Warriors are tanks
    Rogues are dps

sup im an endgame rogue and i have a couple points to clarify.

1. Razor with only the last upgrade is 5 seconds long which if your tanks know how to rush is insanely effective in 5v5.

2. Im going to be totally honest razor is way too OP against mages. If i run aimed razor pierce packs mages cant do anything to me especially if my pet stuns them. They will only ever kill me if they get a godly lightning crit combo. Last i recall the tree looked like
    mages>rogues>tanks>mages, but now it seems as tho its
    rogues+tanks>mages

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Lmao well if we point out obvious, mages are good for DOT AoE and stuns. bulwark means mages cant attack at any point during clash unless they dont have dot skills, tanks have jugg rogues have razor, meaning stuns are useless. So what is the point in mages? To cancel out the other teams mage? Sns is literally more effective than a mage in a clash now no matter how good the mage. STS when are mages getting reconsidered? I think they need a dramatic fix

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Mages are Dps/Support
    Warriors are tanks
    Rogues are dps

Mages are a stunclass... They are the only class with a skill that is 100% stun chance, tanks only have 25% stun chance. All classes can stun on primary but mages were intended as a stun class, hence abilities which are 100% stun chance (fireball, gale)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Killfreeak:1837754

Mages are Dps/Support
    Warriors are tanks
    Rogues are dps

Mages are a stunclass... They are the only class with a skill that is 100% stun chance, tanks only have 25% stun chance. All classes can stun on primary but mages were intended as a stun class, hence abilities which are 100% stun chance (fireball, gale)
    Who told you mages are "intended" as a stun class? No dev has ever said that. No item or skill ingame says that. Mages dont have the title 'stun king'.

They're a support, Crowd Control and a Damage/DPS class. They have a lot of snare and stun skills but its not exclusively for them. Besides, they already have the most aoe skills- idk how you turn a blind eye to this.
    Credits to Iady

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by freakoutt View Post
    Lmao well if we point out obvious, mages are good for DOT AoE and stuns. bulwark means mages cant attack at any point during clash unless they dont have dot skills, tanks have jugg rogues have razor, meaning stuns are useless. So what is the point in mages? To cancel out the other teams mage? Sns is literally more effective than a mage in a clash now no matter how good the mage. STS when are mages getting reconsidered? I think they need a dramatic fix
    It seems there are still some misconception about curse.

Curse myths and facts:

"Im a rogue, i dont use nox and any dot skill, so curse dont touch me" - PLAUSIBLE

Since rogues receive a -10% dmg debuff in ctf room, and the damage taken by curse based on your damage stat, rogues receive the lowest amount of damage from curse. However, weapons proc got dot damage(elondrian warfare recurve bow bush), you do receive back damage from that if you got cursed and an opponent is standing in your bush.
    And ofc in tdm your damage stat is more, you should pay more attention there.

"Im a mage, i dont use dot on my skills, so i am immune to curse" - BUSTED

Curse not only super effective against dots, but also super effective against aoe skills. If you got cursed and your fireball hit 5 opponent, then curse takes damage based on your damage stat, plus x5 even without dot, since you hit 5 people. Most of the mage skills are aoe by default, so a cursed mage is disabled completely. They can choose either not attack at all, or use the only first target skill the lightning strike.

"Im a warrior, curse is useless against me" - PLAUSIBLE

As mentioned above, curse is super effective against aoe attacks (skyward smash, maul of ollerus proc) dots (magmatic claymore proc, windmill), and it ignores your armor.
    But warriors got the highest hp, so yea, curse is less effective against them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    199 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Killfreeak View Post
    Fireball doesn't always stun on the second hit so I wouldn't really say "100%"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Neutrone View Post
    Fireball doesn't always stun on the second hit so I wouldn't really say "100%"
    No stun skill stuns on second hit.

Bow stun can be dodged and it has smaller range than fireball. This topic should've been about the useless three-second upgrade on razor shield, not this joke.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

I don't see rogues complain about the 2 second Arcane Shield invulnerability on mages, I mean isn't that OP? I haven't heard or played a single mmo where one can get Damage immunity in pvp because isn't that a bit absurd?!
    I would GLADLY give up my "OP" 2 seconds of invulnerability to nullify the following 15 seconds of insta-death while cooling down. I have never played any other game where I needed a temporary skill active just to survive the first hit, nevermind more than one. Isn't that a bit absurd?
    Last edited by Nesox; 09-28-2014 at 12:18 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nesox:1846950

I don't see rogues complain about the 2 second Arcane Shield invulnerability on mages, I mean isn't that OP? I haven't heard or played a single mmo where one can get Damage immunity in pvp because isn't that a bit absurd?!
    I would GLADLY give up my "OP" 2 seconds of invulnerability to nullify the following 15 seconds of insta-death while cooling down. I have never played any other game where I needed a temporary skill active just to survive the first hit, nevermind more than one. Isn't that a bit absurd?
    wth are you saying? Mages can easily 2 hit rogues if they crit on lightning - same thing vice versa with rogues aim shot. Rogues are always 2 hittable..be greatful you have a skill that lets you survive for that long.
    Credits to Iady

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    181 Posts

wth are you saying? Mages can easily 2 hit rogues if they crit on lightning - same thing vice versa with rogues aim shot. Rogues are always 2 hittable..be greatful you have a skill that lets you survive for that long.
    Yes and are crit chance is like 15% right whereas rogues are like 30%+.
    Take out shield from a mage and a rogue will ko and walk away like nothing happened. You tell us to stun but how does that work you have razor.
    Also if rogues are 2 hittable then how come most matches betwwen rogues and mages last 8 sec.
    reason rogues just use aim shot 3 times and shield is broken. Then it is easy ko.

Caabatric. The one nub sorcerer you wont forget.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Caabatric View Post
    Yes and are crit chance is like 15% right whereas rogues are like 30%+.
    Take out shield from a mage and a rogue will ko and walk away like nothing happened. You tell us to stun but how does that work you have razor.
    Also if rogues are 2 hittable then how come most matches betwwen rogues and mages last 8 sec.
    reason rogues just use aim shot 3 times and shield is broken. Then it is easy ko.
    Mages are better in clash since most skills are AoE. Not every class is made to be good in 1v1.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

I am saying that the 2 secs of invulnerability is far less of a help than 15 secs of being a one hit kill is a liability. It is far easier to stay out of range for that 2 secs (where your attacks do nothing) then it is for us to dodge attacks for 15 secs (where our health/armor do nothing).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    181 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by UndeadJudge View Post
    Mages are better in clash since most skills are AoE. Not every class is made to be good in 1v1.

mages better in clash lol. (even if they are better it is very slight)
    Wars have heal and health so they are better than mages in clash and now they have curse which is the onl reason a mage ws ever good in a clash.
    The aoe is bs in pvp truly. If you arent the primary target of fireball you may take like 5% dmg (ill do a test later).
    Truth be told good pvp teams are usually 2 wars 2 rogues and 1 mage. Only reason for mage is to keep rogues mana high.
    Before bulwark it was 2 mages (one that curses and one that doesn't) but now that doesn't matter.

And lets be honest no mage plays to give a rogue mana. In elite tindrin I had a rogue yell at me mana, then leave because he/she didnt understand that mage heal attracts aggro which is bad in tindrin

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Caabatric View Post
    mages better in clash lol. (even if they are better it is very slight)
    Wars have heal and health so they are better than mages in clash and now they have curse which is the onl reason a mage ws ever good in a clash.
    The aoe is bs in pvp truly. If you arent the primary target of fireball you may take like 5% dmg (ill do a test later).
    Truth be told good pvp teams are usually 2 wars 2 rogues and 1 mage. Only reason for mage is to keep rogues mana high.
    Before bulwark it was 2 mages (one that curses and one that doesn't) but now that doesn't matter.

And lets be honest no mage plays to give a rogue mana. In elite tindrin I had a rogue yell at me mana, then leave because he/she didnt understand that mage heal attracts aggro which is bad in tindrin
    Perhaps I wasn't very clear - I meant mages are better in clash than in vs. Other classes still overpower mages, but as a Mage you should focus more on hiding than attacking enemy rogues. Since most of the damage you provide is AoE, there's really no point in aiming a specific target.

And lol@mana crying rogues

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    181 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by UndeadJudge View Post
    Perhaps I wasn't very clear - I meant mages are better in clash than in vs. Other classes still overpower mages, but as a Mage you should focus more on hiding than attacking enemy rogues. Since most of the damage you provide is AoE, there's really no point in aiming a specific target.

And lol@mana crying rogues

haha now i get it.
    Btw: hiding does not appeal to most mages