Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Sign-Up Now! STS End-of-Summer Clash 3v3 TDM Tournament in Arcane Legends

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    411 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Azepeiete View Post
    Team: Farm Nab
    Captain: Aze

Player 1: Aze
    Forum name: Azepeiete
    Ign: Aze
    Class:Rogue
    Gear: Elondrian bow, mythic armor and helm, blood ruby of shuyal, wilds amulet, Samael.

Player 2:
    Forum name:Inkredble
    Ign: Inkredible
    Class: Warr
    Gear: Maul, myth armor and helm, archon ring, wilds amulet.
    Pet: Vixen

Player 3:
    Forum name: Grouisked
    Ign: Grouisked
    Class: Sorcerer
    Gear: elond gun, mythic armor and helm, blood ruby of shuyal, wilds amulet.

Subs
    Ign: Warockstar
    Class: Warrior
    Gear: maul, mythic armor and helm, archon ring, wilds amulet.

Forum name: Lavecina
    Ign: Lavecina
    Class: Rogue
    Gear: elond bow, myth armor and helm, myth ring, wilds amulet.
    Change warockstar to xda aze

Don't waste my time, don't waste yours

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Remiem View Post
    Attachment 102598
    Get ready! Sign-Up Now for Spacetime's Official End-of-Summer 3v3 Clash!

Date & Time: Saturday, September 27, 2014 | 10:00 a.m CDT

Number of Teams: 16
    Style:Team Death Match
    Type: Single Elimination
    Level Requirement: L41

Tournament Description:
    This tournament will consist of 16 teams with 3 players on each team fighting a single elimination style bracket in a classic Team Death Match tournament. The team at the end of the match with the most kills will proceed to the next bracket. Each team must consist of: 1 Warrior, 1 Rogue and 1 Sorcerer

Matches will be played in the following fashion:
    • All players will check in on the Tournament Page (link to be posted once registration is closed) at LEAST 20 mins before the announced tournament start time. Players who do not check in will not be eligible to compete and will be replaced with the designated team sub.
    • Players will meet in game. VroomIGoFast or Remiem will invite the players from each team to their party before moving to the TDM room.
    VroomIGoFast and Remiem will be present in all matches to direct players to start zones and announce the start of each match.
    • Red Team will gather with VroomIGoFast and Blue Team will gather with Remiem. The match begins after both Vroom and Remiem say "Go!"
    • The match will proceed as normal. The team with the most kills at the end of the match will proceed to the next bracket.*

*The first rounds will consist of only one match to determine who proceeds. Semi-Finals & Finals will be evaluated on the best team out of 3 matches.

Tournament Rules:

Disclaimer: Upon entering this tournament, you and your team members confirm that they have read each section of this thread and fully understand what is required to enter this tournament. Participants must also understand that failure to comply to any of the rules will result in their and possibly their team's immediate disqualification.

• No macros
    • No trash talking before, during or after any tournament match. If any team player is found to be trash talking or engaging in unsportsmanlike behavior, they will be disqualified and the team will not be allowed to sub in another player.
    • A team is allowed to have 3 subs (one for each class), should a team member fail to appear at the designated start time.
    • A minimum of 3 players is required to enter the tournament, subs are encouraged but not required. However, a team without 3 members present at the start of the tournament will be disqualified.
    • You may only select one pet to be used for the duration of each match. Only one of each pet will be allowed per team, per match. (Example: Only 1 player per team may use Samael, etc.)
    • Arcane Rings will not be allowed.
    • Only 1 arcane rarity item is allowed to be equipped on each player. Meaning, if one player has both a Maul of Ollerus and Samael, they will have to choose only one to use.
    • We will do our best to match up equally geared teams. You may edit your gear before the tournament, but may not switch gear once teams have been matched and the tournament begins.
    • One is not allowed to switch out team-members once the tournament has started, so, choose your teammates wisely.
    • Players may not participate on multiple teams. This includes subs.
    • You may sub in another player before or in between matches only Not once it is in progress.

• ANY RULES BROKEN MUST BE VERIFIED BY REMIEM OR VROOMIGOFAST TO RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION OR CORRECTIVE ACTION.

Note: These rules are subject to change at any time before the tournament begins.

Prizes:

• 500 platinum per player for the winning team + Special Tournament Banner
    • 200 platinum per player for the runner up.

How to Register:

• All team members MUST have a Forum Account to enter
    • Select a Team Captain, this player will be responsible for registering your team for the tournament
    • The designated Team Captain should reply to this post with the following information:

Note:ALL gear must be listed for your entry to count as complete. That means we need to know Armor, Helm, Weapon, Ring and Pendant for each player and sub.

Team Name:
    Team Captain:
    Team Member 1:
    - Forum Name
    - IGN
    - Class
    - Equipped Gear
    - Pet
    Team Member 2:
    - Forum Name
    - IGN
    - Class
    - Equipped Gear
    - Pet
    Team Member 3:
    - Forum Name
    - IGN
    - Class
    - Equipped Gear
    - Pet
    Sub 1 (optional):
    - Forum Name
    - IGN
    - Class
    - Equipped Gear
    - Pet
    Sub 2 (optional):
    - Forum Name
    - IGN
    - Class
    - Equipped Gear
    - Pet
    Sub 3 (optional):
    - Forum Name
    - IGN
    - Class
    - Equipped Gear
    - Pet

If you need more team members but don't know where to look, check out this thread for players who want to play but don't yet have a team: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...ing-for-a-Team!

Note: Your registration will not be considered complete until all information above is provided. Please do not "Reserve" posts. Registration will close once 8 valid entries are received. All entries received after the cut-off will remain in the running as back-ups should a team drop out or be disqualified.

Best of luck to you all, and let the games begin!!
    Don't you think before handing out banners and prizes that player skills should be fixed along with elixirs being disabled? Perhaps this is part of future updates before the 27th of September?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

If I have 2 characters that are level 41 may I be on 2 teams?

Please answer..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Remiem View Post
    Attachment 102598
    Get ready! Sign-Up Now for Spacetime's Official End-of-Summer 3v3 Clash!

Date & Time: Saturday, September 27, 2014 | 10:00 a.m CDT

Number of Teams: 16
    Style:Team Death Match
    Type: Single Elimination
    Level Requirement: L41

Tournament Description:
    This tournament will consist of 16 teams with 3 players on each team fighting a single elimination style bracket in a classic Team Death Match tournament. The team at the end of the match with the most kills will proceed to the next bracket. Each team must consist of: 1 Warrior, 1 Rogue and 1 Sorcerer

Matches will be played in the following fashion:
    • All players will check in on the Tournament Page (link to be posted once registration is closed) at LEAST 20 mins before the announced tournament start time. Players who do not check in will not be eligible to compete and will be replaced with the designated team sub.
    • Players will meet in game. VroomIGoFast or Remiem will invite the players from each team to their party before moving to the TDM room.
    VroomIGoFast and Remiem will be present in all matches to direct players to start zones and announce the start of each match.
    • Red Team will gather with VroomIGoFast and Blue Team will gather with Remiem. The match begins after both Vroom and Remiem say "Go!"
    • The match will proceed as normal. The team with the most kills at the end of the match will proceed to the next bracket.*

*The first rounds will consist of only one match to determine who proceeds. Semi-Finals & Finals will be evaluated on the best team out of 3 matches.

Tournament Rules:

Disclaimer: Upon entering this tournament, you and your team members confirm that they have read each section of this thread and fully understand what is required to enter this tournament. Participants must also understand that failure to comply to any of the rules will result in their and possibly their team's immediate disqualification.

• No macros
    • No trash talking before, during or after any tournament match. If any team player is found to be trash talking or engaging in unsportsmanlike behavior, they will be disqualified and the team will not be allowed to sub in another player.
    • A team is allowed to have 3 subs (one for each class), should a team member fail to appear at the designated start time.
    • A minimum of 3 players is required to enter the tournament, subs are encouraged but not required. However, a team without 3 members present at the start of the tournament will be disqualified.
    • You may only select one pet to be used for the duration of each match. Only one of each pet will be allowed per team, per match. (Example: Only 1 player per team may use Samael, etc.)
    • Arcane Rings will not be allowed.
    • Only 1 arcane rarity item is allowed to be equipped on each player. Meaning, if one player has both a Maul of Ollerus and Samael, they will have to choose only one to use.
    • We will do our best to match up equally geared teams. You may edit your gear before the tournament, but may not switch gear once teams have been matched and the tournament begins.
    • One is not allowed to switch out team-members once the tournament has started, so, choose your teammates wisely.
    • Players may not participate on multiple teams. This includes subs.
    • You may sub in another player before or in between matches only Not once it is in progress.

• ANY RULES BROKEN MUST BE VERIFIED BY REMIEM OR VROOMIGOFAST TO RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION OR CORRECTIVE ACTION.

Note: These rules are subject to change at any time before the tournament begins.

Prizes:

• 500 platinum per player for the winning team + Special Tournament Banner
    • 200 platinum per player for the runner up.

How to Register:

• All team members MUST have a Forum Account to enter
    • Select a Team Captain, this player will be responsible for registering your team for the tournament
    • The designated Team Captain should reply to this post with the following information:

Note:ALL gear must be listed for your entry to count as complete. That means we need to know Armor, Helm, Weapon, Ring and Pendant for each player and sub.

Team Name:
    Team Captain:
    Team Member 1:
    - Forum Name
    - IGN
    - Class
    - Equipped Gear
    - Pet
    Team Member 2:
    - Forum Name
    - IGN
    - Class
    - Equipped Gear
    - Pet
    Team Member 3:
    - Forum Name
    - IGN
    - Class
    - Equipped Gear
    - Pet
    Sub 1 (optional):
    - Forum Name
    - IGN
    - Class
    - Equipped Gear
    - Pet
    Sub 2 (optional):
    - Forum Name
    - IGN
    - Class
    - Equipped Gear
    - Pet
    Sub 3 (optional):
    - Forum Name
    - IGN
    - Class
    - Equipped Gear
    - Pet

If you need more team members but don't know where to look, check out this thread for players who want to play but don't yet have a team: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...ing-for-a-Team!

Note: Your registration will not be considered complete until all information above is provided. Please do not "Reserve" posts. Registration will close once 8 valid entries are received. All entries received after the cut-off will remain in the running as back-ups should a team drop out or be disqualified.

Best of luck to you all, and let the games begin!!
    Questions : would this be a LMS event instead of a TDM one? Allowing groups to regroup and waiting for a signal to start.

And once you are dead in a round you cannot return and help?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Plus will trulle be out of the picture? It won't be fun without him.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

I think that it should be LMS. Thus, meaning if one team dies, the other team waits for them to regroup and then the developers: Remiem and Vrooomigofast give the call to fight again. The team that wins regroups again and waits for developers. Otherwise, in TDM it is far too easy to spawn players and provide major disadvantages due to terrible camera angle.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Then it wouldn't be TDM or so on. TDM would be to fight whether you are alone or in a group waiting until each group reaches the amount of frags it needed. Hence deathmatch or Player vs All (PvA, also called DM or free-for-all) Normally the goal of a deathmatch game is to kill (or "frag", from the military term) as many other players as possible until a certain condition or limit is reached, commonly being a frag limit or time limit. Once one of these conditions is met, the match is over and the winner is the player that accumulated the greatest number of frags.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    I think that it should be LMS. Thus, meaning if one team dies, the other team waits for them to regroup and then the developers: Remiem and Vrooomigofast give the call to fight again. The team that wins regroups again and waits for developers. Otherwise, in TDM it is far too easy to spawn players and provide major disadvantages due to terrible camera angle.
    LMS? Please in a real match do people wait?

This is FFA PURE PVP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cmrel View Post
    Then it wouldn't be TDM or so on. TDM would be to fight whether you are alone or in a group waiting until each group reaches the amount of frags it needed. Hence deathmatch or Player vs All (PvA, also called DM or free-for-all) Normally the goal of a deathmatch game is to kill (or "frag", from the military term) as many other players as possible until a certain condition or limit is reached, commonly being a frag limit or time limit. Once one of these conditions is met, the match is over and the winner is the player that accumulated the greatest number of frags.
    It's called Team Deathmatch.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Gotta agree with CTF on this one. LMS is super lame and usually only usually requested by rogues who can't manage their mana. Since I don't believe that applies here, I don't see any purpose for the request unless it's some advantage-seeking thing I am unaware of. Everyone knows tdm camera angle sucks. And everyone has the same camera angle, so equal opportunity to take advantage, or be taken.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

It's called Team Deathmatch.
    Meaning your team should get you in any means possible while being hunted in a match of death.

There should be no wait time because it doesn't apply in a TDM match.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    367 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    Gotta agree with CTF on this one. LMS is super lame and usually only usually requested by rogues who can't manage their mana. Since I don't believe that applies here, I don't see any purpose for the request unless it's some advantage-seeking thing I am unaware of. Everyone knows tdm camera angle sucks. And everyone has the same camera angle, so equal opportunity to take advantage, or be taken.
    Yes it's so annoying because I cannot see where the enemy is coming from

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Incorrect - there are methods to gain 360 degrees view depending on your device which is yet another reason why I disagree with it being placed in TDM. I'm supposed to know which teams can see me and which cannot?

@Cmrel
    Don't get me wrong, I can spawn just as well as the next person but I think it should be based on skill rather than the fixed spawn locations - don't you?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

FFA Tdm ftw. Even in CTF clashes LMS is stupid.
    Credits to Iady

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bless View Post
    FFA Tdm ftw. Even in CTF clashes LMS is stupid.
    Amen

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

God bless!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

In tdm lms is good only because rogues will snipe enemy rogues who r trying to regroup with the poor camera angle. Mana wont be a problem in 3v3

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    94 Posts

No lms once it's go rg fast or die. Plain n simple

Hating back seat drivers

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

[...]but I think it should be based on skill rather than the fixed spawn locations - don't you?
    I like when people assume what skill is. Skill to me is not set pieces...it's adapting to changing situations above all. Gf

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

Well our first problem is having a 3v3 tournament in tdm is has literally no skill involved. Good fight