Thread: No-sell feature on valuable items

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default No-sell feature on valuable items

I'd like the developers to consider allowing players to put a manual "do not sell" feature on items they value. For example, I carry all my shadow and cosmos gear together and use each for different situations. As you get a full inventory, you go through the great sell off and I have almost sold my good gear as I'm mindlessly going through the sales screens.

Is there a way to idiot-proof this better? I would hate to sell a 300K piece of rift armor for 200g. Thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

There is a recover items feature that temporarily save the last 5 liquidated items and allows you to buy them back. I use to think something like this would be nice, but now that we have a sorted inventory and the recover feature I don't think it's really needed.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6183&dateline=1275696  601
    Quote Originally Posted by conradin View Post
    To doubt Royce, is to doubt your sanity...
    Quote Originally Posted by TwinkTastical View Post
    Royce is right, You are WRONG. Live with it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

I think a lock checkbox for items would be fantastic. +1. (see also my lootbag idea...)
    PL: Arazoro [76] ranger | Noerbert [76] archer | Zeanaca [76] sorceress | Arbert [76] warrior
    AL: Teamar [22] rogue | Barimar [21] sorcerer | Guark [21] warrior

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    231 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Royce View Post
    There is a recover items feature that temporarily save the last 5 liquidated items and allows you to buy them back. I use to think something like this would be nice, but now that we have a sorted inventory and the recover feature I don't think it's really needed.
    There is? I didn't realize this! I'll have to check it out when I get home. Very helpful, thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Norbert View Post
    I think a lock checkbox for items would be fantastic. +1. (see also my lootbag idea...)
    +1 love this idea
    Sig by KLEMEN
    IGN: E͡ℭ͟ӈҿͥ͜lͣoͫղg level 56 Mega Mage/Sewer mage ~ EchelongX lvl 55 Dex Bird

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pandamoni View Post
    There is? I didn't realize this! I'll have to check it out when I get home. Very helpful, thanks
    This was news to me as well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

im always paranoid about selling stuff by accident too, please put lock feature
    Quote Originally Posted by Firepants View Post
    who needs a real girlfriend when you can go into forest haven and get 5 online dating mages at one time?
    BALLS TO YOU

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ok, I have given this a little thought and have a suggestion based on people's comments and what I read in another thread about the tedium of having to individually sell each item not worth keeping. Here goes:

1. Create two forms of inventory - protected and unprotected inventory. When an item is put into a character's inventory it automatically goes into unprotected inventory. If it's an item the player wants to keep, then he manually shifts the item from unprotected to protected where it becomes "locked" from fat fingered selling. Then end game stuff and/or booster gear is not in danger of liquidation. Protected and Unprotected inventory count together towards the total number of available inventory slots.

2. In order to sell, stash or consign an item, a player must first move the item from protected into unprotected. Trades shouldn't matter since it seems like such a conscientious transaction anyways but if it followed this rule as well then so be it.

3. Following this rule would allow players to sell all unprotected without worrying about losing the "good stuff". Therefore, if you had 25 greens, 4 yellows and that Destiny pink (that nobody wants) in your unprotected inventory - you could sell it all in a couple clicks without having to go through each item. This would improve gameplay by not having to do this mundane activity once every 60-90 minutes if you're going through VL runs (as an example).

4. Once these concepts are in place, you could also create a more advanced concept called the Auto-Protect Item Filter that would allow players to create a filter that would automatically place an item into protected inventory when looted. For example, I could create a filter called "Rift" or "Cosmos" and/or Legendary that would ensure that all these types of items would default to being protected since I would have other plans for those items besides selling immediately for gold. You could even give everyone a standard 5 filters free and charge 1-2p for each new filter (similar to what's being considered for auto-load inventory slots) or say as a package of five.

While there may be improvements to my suggestion, I think this would be an easy enhancement that would immediately enhance gameplay for all players. Thanks!

Sub
    Last edited by Subterraneous; 01-25-2011 at 11:33 AM.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I would just like the "recover items" feature to hold more than the last 5 liquidations. I accidentally sold one of my only Halloween items that way, it was a green somebody gave me. By the time I realized, it was gone.
    Kujen 56 Bird / Rahki 55 Bear / Silvanya 55 Mage