Thread: As I suggest for the eighth time....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Default As I suggest for the eighth time....

Plz make it so the health bar flashes when health is at about 10-20%, I sometimes get distracted and don't make not of my health bar and die. I suggested this months ago along with others and everyone liked the idea from the looks of it, but still no implement. Thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yes, PLEASE! Ive been thinking about this too, since I get so easily distracted, lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Make the whole screen turn a shade of red, too!

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

They do have an indicator now. Check your ping, it usually sky rockets when you are low on health guaranteeing a lag death. Just one of the many undocumented UI enhancements

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I dont rly see why we have to beg months for SIMPLE features that would take less then an hour to make.. Which would make our Gaming experience so much better. Not trying to be mean to devs here im just rly wondering about it since they are like the most baisc ones, flash screen, a simple icon on screen when auctions are done, password protection for games, more then 3 quests.. I dont have a lot of programming experience but i believe that i could even do most of these fixes myself in very little time. Like i said no offense here...
    Last edited by superglut2; 01-24-2011 at 04:50 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by superglut2 View Post
    I dont rly see why we have to beg months for SIMPLE features that would take less then an hour to make.. Which would make our Gaming experience so much better. Not trying to be mean to devs here im just rly wondering about it since they are like the most baisc ones, flash screen, a simple icon on screen when auctions are done, password protection for games, more then 3 quests.. I dont have a lot of programming experience but i believe that i could even do most of these fixes myself in very little time. Like i said no offense here...
    tru ALL dat
    Quote Originally Posted by Firepants View Post
    who needs a real girlfriend when you can go into forest haven and get 5 online dating mages at one time?
    BALLS TO YOU

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

Yea- it's a good idea MD. Write a petition.
    RIP Twinktastic

AEO is the way to go~now recruiting

the REAL jersey shore not that crap from the tv
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i agree with les's idea. making the screen a shade of red, like it flashes when you're getting hit if you're in your inventory menu area and get attacked. the coding is already in place for the red overlay, just need what looks like 6 lines of coding to implement it into use for the main gameplay display.

if/then ": = win"
    Orlox (51) Archer - Zombified (56) Enchantress - Murdalyzer (55) Warrior Frightmare(20) Operative

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by superglut2 View Post
    I do have a lot of programming experience and it's never that simple. Every feature ever imagined has consequences you never anticipate. You push out something simple and find that it makes some other feature break.

Then you have sheer administrative overhead. Source control, project management, scheduling, IT, training, equipment, etc.

Plus, browse these forums and jot down every simple request. Put them in a list and then add in things like new maps, items, bosses and other fresh content.

Then add in the fact that the developers may not agree that a particular feature is an improvement. Perhaps they have reasons why they don't do something. They likely have a user experience expert who reviews these things and makes the calls on what goes in and what doesn't. Some things may be techinically

I used to have a client that said he'd bill his clients a thousand bucks every time they used the word 'just' in a request. 'Can you just make the logo red?' Cha-ching. Point being, people making requests always think it's something small and shouldn't cost anything or take any time. People doing the work know otherwise.

Sorry, don't mean to be harsh, it just hits home I guess.
    PL: Arazoro [76] ranger | Noerbert [76] archer | Zeanaca [76] sorceress | Arbert [76] warrior
    AL: Teamar [22] rogue | Barimar [21] sorcerer | Guark [21] warrior