Thread: Just a suggestion from a negative comment maker.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Just a suggestion from a negative comment maker.

Was awesome when we used to say "Thx" after rev, "Hello!" after entering games in the early game times...
    Bout we get that back by simply us saying it? ;/
    IGN: Skellerkrunch(50), Hawkrobin(50), Magiclegends(50), Oktal(45), Bladesword(45), mamccroc(35) Plothozz(30), Lechomp(20), Oktal (20), Monseiurlebow(20), Tharef(20), Smackolantern(19),

the REAL jersey shore not that crap from the tv
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

devil's advocate here... if i'm in an elite dungeon or just a dungeon where my group is nonstop running and agroing all the mobs possible all the time, there's no time to open chat and have a huge block of on screen letters take up my visibility just to say Thanks for the revive. even a simple TY can cause the entire group to wipe or me to just get killed again because i'm trying to say something.

when i'm on my enchantress, revives are implied. noone else can do it, if someone dies it's my job to revive them. if i went to the store and bought a box of nails because i needed them, i wouldn't go out of my way to say thanks because it's the salesman's job to ring me up. and i certainly wouldn't take the time to say thanks if a part of the ceiling was about to fall on me and kill me, it's not his job to revive me and if he did, then i'd say thanks.

so if i'm playing and run out of potions and someone gives them to me, going out of their way to do something that they didn't have to do, they get a thanks, and if i walk into a dungeon and say hello, well, i usually get a bunch of questions or friend requests. i'd prefer to be left alone, i came in to kill stuff not have a chit chat

hello, thank you, and good bye
    Orlox (51) Archer - Zombified (56) Enchantress - Murdalyzer (55) Warrior Frightmare(20) Operative

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by last350 View Post
    devil's advocate here... if i'm in an elite dungeon or just a dungeon where my group is nonstop running and agroing all the mobs possible all the time, there's no time to open chat and have a huge block of on screen letters take up my visibility just to say Thanks for the revive. even a simple TY can cause the entire group to wipe or me to just get killed again because i'm trying to say something.

when i'm on my enchantress, revives are implied. noone else can do it, if someone dies it's my job to revive them. if i went to the store and bought a box of nails because i needed them, i wouldn't go out of my way to say thanks because it's the salesman's job to ring me up. and i certainly wouldn't take the time to say thanks if a part of the ceiling was about to fall on me and kill me, it's not his job to revive me and if he did, then i'd say thanks.

so if i'm playing and run out of potions and someone gives them to me, going out of their way to do something that they didn't have to do, they get a thanks, and if i walk into a dungeon and say hello, well, i usually get a bunch of questions or friend requests. i'd prefer to be left alone, i came in to kill stuff not have a chit chat

hello, thank you, and good bye
    You don't say thanks when a cashier rings you up? Really? Does it take that much time/effort on your part?
    I understand not thanking for a rev, as you're in middle of a battle, and it requires use of the hands that are already busy. But in the real world, you should thank people for their services, even if it is "their job."

As for that whole "ceiling" thing, you lost me.

And don't worry, after reading this, I don't think too many people will try to befriend you.
    Last edited by Lesrider; 01-23-2011 at 10:24 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i say thanks if they wish me a good day or something, but i just gave them my money, i shouldn't have to thank them at all. as for the ceiling thing, it was an analogy toward needing a revive while immenent danger loomed overhead. why stand there when you could be getting on with your main task (killing as in a dungeon) or using the nails for whatever was needed (the task at hand).

i, personally, prefer never to have to interract with anyone. if i HAVE to see someone, fine, if they say hi, i'll reply, i'm not going to snub someone by not shaking their hand if they make the gesture first, but i'm not going to go out of my way to talk to someone if i dont have to.

there's too many insane people out there and a simple hello can turn into a guess what my wife and kids did this weekend and do you want to see the pictures, no i dont care about what you did this weekend, i dont care about your kids, i just wanted to get my nails and get back to my life.
    Orlox (51) Archer - Zombified (56) Enchantress - Murdalyzer (55) Warrior Frightmare(20) Operative

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Sounds like you should just stay in your basement and order your nails online.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

1 dont have a basement and 2 why order them online when you need them immediately. cmon you live in new york, i lived in nyc for 3 years and coming from a small town it made me very angry with humans. watching a man beat his 5 or 6 year old daughter on the corner of 14th and 2nd caused me to get locked up because i had to beat him into submission and having an old woman get in my face on a bus because she wanted my seat and starting throwing f-bombs at me left and right when half of the bus was empty and i wasnt even sitting near an exit really caused me to question just how the kind old lady next to me could actually be a mean old witch.

too many people are just crazy and i'd prefer not to have to even open my mouth. that's how i am and i'm this way from the environment i've been exposed to. i walk around with a smile and will happily wave at someone i know or hold the door for them, but as this thread had started being about TALKING or typing in this case, to people we dont even know, why bother, you could be opening a can of worms you REALLY wouldnt want opened if you engage the wrong person in a friendly conversation.
    Last edited by last350; 01-23-2011 at 10:40 AM. Reason: ammendment

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lesrider View Post
    Sounds like you should just stay in your basement and order your nails online.
    Les, that's an epic statement. Made me lulz....

Off topic: les we need to play sometime, been too long.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

so since this became about bashing me, let me actually extend the first THANKS. i said nothing negative at all in what i wrote, i only wrote HOW i prefer to act as a person and hey lets treat this guy like crap because he's different than us. enjoy your life, btw i have now 221 friend requests and 14 accepted. i didnt sign up to play this to make friends and if your only method of making friends is to play a game, i feel sorry for you. honestly, i do. if you need friends that badly, i hear some guy at mysp@ce named tom is willing to be your friend

and btw, i'm sorry your thread got hijacked by someone trying to instigate a fight, Bladesword. i'll try to make it a point to say thanks any time someone does something nice in game. maybe that'll help make things a little more friendly
    Last edited by last350; 01-23-2011 at 10:51 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If he orders nails online then the mailman would have to come to him and he would have to say thanks too. :-/
    Last edited by superglut2; 01-23-2011 at 11:06 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Firepants View Post
    Les, that's an epic statement. Made me lulz....

Off topic: les we need to play sometime, been too long.
    Eh, I'm bored of the game right now. Now interest in playing. So if I go on we're just gonna stand in place and chat -- might as well just use skype

As for Last350, yes I live in NYC as well, and have met my share of rude/obnoxious people. But you don't counteract that by being rude yourself. If you can't say "thanks" to a cashier without hearing his life story, then maybe you should check if it says "Therapist" on your shirt. Most people can handle being thanked without spilling their guts.

And I wasn't bashing. I merely think that someone who can't be bothered to thank another for "doing their job" should just stay away from people and order online.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by superglut2 View Post
    If he orders nails online then the mailman would have to come to him and he would have to say thanks too. :-/
    Lol good point. Can always train his dog to sign for him, I guess.

(Ok, NOW I'm bashing )

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

my wife's the therapist and i get more people who endlessly talk to me than her, i think that's the biggest irony in my life. i must have one of those kind faces gonna have to work on growing a beard or get some new tattoos and have them put on my forehead or something. ur points are right lesrider, do unto others as i would have them do unto me, if they're mean then i should turn the other cheek and let them pour their meanness into that one also. i think my bloodsugar was low or something, after my wife made me eggs, i realized i kinda threw the discussion in the wrong direction. pls accept my appologies. cya in game

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lesrider View Post
    I merely think that someone who can't be bothered to thank another for "doing their job" should just stay away from people and order online.
    I couldn't agree more. This is why I stay away from everyone and play an MMO on my phone.
    IGN: Tsarra (Enchantress/Pure Mage - Lv. 52) | Eliysium (Bird/Pure Dex - Lv. 30) | BirdLipsMcGee (PvP Noob/Dark Forest Farmer Extraordinaire - Lv. 10) | TiniestTim (Platinum PvP Farmbear - Lv. 1)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChadM View Post
    What we need is more cowbell.