Thread: time for change

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Raregem View Post
    In our guild we do not have any allies and we fight against guild members. We have a lot of fun in our guild playing with and against each other. We just play and enjoy our game time without worrying about constantly leaving a room.
    in your guild, but a lot of guild having allies.
    its still complicated if you remove your names/tag

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    174 Posts

I used to PvP when it first came out but now when I join all I see is people calling me a "noob" etc. when they kill me, whether or whether or not I was ganged or on really low HP after a previous fight. This is really disappointing I mean PvP is literally supposed to be the most fun and jovial aspect of AL (My opinion). How about a 1v1 arena eh? I know this has been requested for quite some time and I think this will put aside all the negatives and turn offs of the group PvP.

If not a 1v1 arena how about adding a new points system? This can include:

2 Points per Kill
    4 Points per flag
    1 Point for every 1000 damage dealt ( The damage count lasts for the whole battle, not per life )
    1 Point for an assist kill ( Not counted to kills ), an assist kill will happen when you deal 10% or more damage on to an opponent but not kill them.
    5 Points for helping to kill Trulle ( Damage dealt must be at least 3500 )

The points will be added to the stats section of your Char profile and can possibly added to the Lb to give all the current players a chance to catch up on a PvP aspect. I think point AP's can be made as well however the main reason for this is so people have an incentive to play PvP TDM how it should be, Team V Team. Now, this might not reduce the ganging in fact it might increase it but that being said, how are we ever going to fix that any way? It's not like we can have a Psychiatric test before one starts PvP to see whom is mature and sensible and who is not.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts

I actually like to vs. my guildmates for fun or try different things. Much easier to learn too if you are new to PvP. I actually get a little annoyed when friends say they won't kill friends.
    <The Collective> Retired Warrior/Born Again Rogue

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hectororius View Post
    I actually like to vs. my guildmates for fun or try different things. Much easier to learn too if you are new to PvP. I actually get a little annoyed when friends say they won't kill friends.
    Yep, I agree! I usually give people that friend me from pvp a disclaimer. If we are opp teams I will kill them and they can kill me. It's fun, like being on an opposite soccer team in RL. You get to enjoy friendly competition without the drama. At least I do.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts

Gore, after being in a game with you last night I see what your concerns are. I can say that at least these games take place less frequent than the good legitimate matches. That being said it certainly isn't fun when you have people in a game that trash talk and put people down. I don't understand people's mentalities. This game is played for fun, why all the negativity?

I can understand that if two rival guilds face one another emotions can run high. People may say things in the heat of battle. What I don't understand is when you join a random game, with random guilds and then someone has to go and start running their mouth. If I join a game and people are being rude or ignorant I simply leave and join a new game.

There are good matches though with good sports. I've seen some real classy individuals in PVP. So while we all know there is a negative population in pvp there is also a positive community. I know if I see the collective in PVP they will fight in a classy way. There are several other guilds that do this as well. To all the people playing pvp in a respectful manner I say good job and keep up the good fight!!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Bigboyblue For This Useful Post: