Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Do you trust a merch w/ no forum cred?

I unlive in Underworld. Unlive, not live.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    272 Posts

That's why STS need to improve the register system.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    203 Posts

He/Seller got the items i want and thats all what matters to me I will be making it hard on myself to think of other things regarding the items consciously, that will be mentally exhausting.
    Kronos Divine Guild Development PICS HERE -- PVP VIDS HERE AL Retiree

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

I don't see how they could be doing people wrong. There have been fake sellers since the beginning. If they actually have the item you want, that's all that matters. Whether they are a troll seller or not isn't anything but annoying. To answer your question, I generally don't trust anyone i don't know. But with the new accounts i usually just assume they're trolling.

Hell, I've even seen this:

"Selling, 5m fixed"
    "5m"
    "5.01"
    "Any higher bids?"

Just as bad imo.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Rare; 09-11-2014 at 06:19 AM.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

sorry, but I m.not up to date with game (quit since ursoth event end) and forums too, but what r these plat farmers? I m seeing sudden influx of threads regarding plat farming and abusing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,017 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by utpal View Post
    sorry, but I m.not up to date with game (quit since ursoth event end) and forums too, but what r these plat farmers? I m seeing sudden influx of threads regarding plat farming and abusing.
    It has ruined the economy and driven up prices to redic amounts. They are obtaining plat by scrupulous ways (not purchasing or completing offers the correct way) and merching arcane items for extraordinary prices. For honest players who spend REAL money on plat, it now puts a lot of things we would have been able to buy slightly out of reach. Some of them have been caught by StS, but a lot of them have not. I didn't fully understand what was going on until a friend of mine told me how plat was being farmed. I was like whoah... it's actually pretty easy to do. :/ And now these plat farmers are trying to hide and making new forum accounts to sell their wares, and you can't message them nor do they give their IGN. You have to say your IGN and they meet you in game on some low level toon for the transaction, which I assume then they delete until the next one. It sucks. It hurts because on the other hand there are a ton of us who have invested serious money into this game, and serious time and now we are being screwed by the plat farmers.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Candylicks For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Meh... economy has been ruined since season 3 when a weapon was selling for 25+ million. 6 months into gameplay or so.

As for the plat farmers... I don't know if its fair to directly associate low post count or low level toon to some plat farmer. And it would be a bad generalization to make. I myself have several low level toons that I used to buy/sell with. Merely because I did not like dealing with friends and found it difficult to negotiate if I knew they knew who I was (this, btw, also lets you see which of your "friends" are actually quality people). Its painting with a broad brush. And I don't think its good idea to make the connection personally.

Besides, what benefit do they have to deleting and remaking low level toons. In fact, what would it benefit someone selling things (ill got or not) to not use their real names?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Rare For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,017 Posts

Yes you are right Rare, not all low level people are farmers. I didn't mean to overgeneralize that way.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Candylicks View Post
    It has ruined the economy and driven up prices to redic amounts. They are obtaining plat by scrupulous ways (not purchasing or completing offers the correct way) and merching arcane items for extraordinary prices. For honest players who spend REAL money on plat, it now puts a lot of things we would have been able to buy slightly out of reach. Some of them have been caught by StS, but a lot of them have not. I didn't fully understand what was going on until a friend of mine told me how plat was being farmed. I was like whoah... it's actually pretty easy to do. :/ And now these plat farmers are trying to hide and making new forum accounts to sell their wares, and you can't message them nor do they give their IGN. You have to say your IGN and they meet you in game on some low level toon for the transaction, which I assume then they delete until the next one. It sucks. It hurts because on the other hand there are a ton of us who have invested serious money into this game, and serious time and now we are being screwed by the plat farmers.
    Sorry for going off topic. I have posted the below in suggestions and feedback section as well. Hope those who buy plats would agree and see to this get implemented by STS. LINK

It really hurts to know of plat buyers have to compete with the plat farmers.

Just my two cents and a solution that would help STS retain plat buyers and their trust/ interest in this game.

Split the buckets into two: #1: Bought Plats bucket #2: Free offers bucket (call it nickel or free tokens and not platinum)
    Plats bought - unrestricted to spend on anything of your choice. You bought it with real money and deserve to use it as and how you please.

Nickels from free offers/ farmed:
    Use Nickels as plats to
    1. Quick buy a lix
    2. Revive

Limit the use of farmed Nickels to -
    1. Open not more than one locked per day (24 hours)
    2. Upgrade not more than one gem day (24 hrs)

Remove the following options stores/ stable
    1. Buy weapons
    2. Buy Pet eggs
    3. Buy premium bundles and vanity
    4. Buy pets Premium exclusive plat pets with nickel
    5. Buy Jewellery and 10x lix bundles from the store

Technically I know this is not a tough solution to implement considering the use cases of event tokens can be extended to resolve this issue. I am surprised why STS did not choose to plug this revenue hole for so long. Wish the designers and devs give this some priority over a double odds/ shark weekend kind of events that just boosts the plat farmers revenue.
    Last edited by killarrow; 09-12-2014 at 03:08 AM.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to killarrow For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

I am sure you know or suspect some people.
    Report 'em.
    Support really bans, this time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    I am sure you know or suspect some people.
    Report 'em.
    Support really bans, this time.
    How would you know for sure that they are plat farming? Would you keep shouting wolf on every suspicious looking sheep?

Support are just going to be overwhelmed with the volumes of reports. At some point, support are going to put these reports on the back burner if the reported vs actual plat farmers don't hit a significant number.

Do they really have a support base to handle 1000 reports a day? If they do this may work for some time, but defenitely not a good approach for the long run.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to killarrow For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

You dont need to know. You dont need to gather proves either.
    The problem is they cant start looking at every account since the creation of AL so tell them a name and if the platfarmer was careless enough to farm on his main he will get banned.

But ehi who wants to get his buddies banned here ? nobody, so we back on spot 1.

Major plat farmers in major AL guilds were banned in response they came back with new toons. So its not just a trouble of banning but also keeping who gets banned banned.

And +1 to your suggestion, though i usually do paid offers and would like to be able to spend my plat on what i prefer.
    Last edited by Anarchist; 09-12-2014 at 06:20 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    You dont need to know. You dont need to gather proves either.
    The problem is they cant start looking at every account since the creation of AL so tell them a name and if the platfarmer was careless enough to farm on his main he will get banned.

But ehi who wants to get his buddies banned here ? nobody, so we back on spot 1.

Major plat farmers in major AL guilds were banned in response they came back with new toons. So its not just a trouble of banning but also keeping who gets banned banned.

And +1 to your suggestion, though i usually do paid offers and would like to be able to spend my plat on what i prefer.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,017 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rare View Post

I spit my coffee Aed. That was good.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,017 Posts

It really pisses me off that legitimate players who buy plat, farm, and do some small scale merching are unable to compete with the plat farmers. I have saved up a ton of gold only to find I STILL can't buy a ring because these people have floated so much gold into the economy. Screw you people who are selling rings for 130M and have acquired it for FREE in the first place.

The next part is this. They don't even want you to spend 130M on it, they have so much gold already. The rings are mostly being sold for CASH on the black market now. I was offered to buy one for $650 by one person and $750 by another. It sure was tempting being as I spent over $5,000.00 on plat already, but I refuse to give cash to someone stealing from STS.

And yes all of you two faced people who come here on the forum saying 'let's squash the plat farmers' but are the exact ones who are stealing? I know who you are. My moral compass is telling me to hand over what you are doing and I shouldn't be friends with criminals anyways.
    Last edited by Candylicks; 09-12-2014 at 09:16 AM.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Candylicks For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    191 Posts

I don't trust ppl with or without forum cred \o/
    "proof, peasant?" Partybro

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

It really pisses me off that legitimate players who buy plat, farm, and do some small scale merching are unable to compete with the plat farmers. I have saved up a ton of gold only to find I STILL can't buy a ring because these people have floated so much gold into the economy. Screw you people who are selling rings for 130M and have acquired it for FREE in the first place.

The next part is this. They don't even want you to spend 130M on it, they have so much gold already. The rings are mostly being sold for CASH on the black market now. I was offered to buy one for $650 by one person and $750 by another. It sure was tempting being as I spent over $5,000.00 on plat already, but I refuse to give cash to someone stealing from STS.

And yes all of you two faced people who come here on the forum saying 'let's squash the plat farmers' but are the exact ones who are stealing? I know who you are. My moral compass is telling me to hand over what you are doing and I shouldn't be friends with criminals anyways.
    This is 100% true and it also really really make me mad. This is completely ruining the game for people that legitimately pay for their platinum. I would suggest stopping all offers until a technical solution is found because this is getting worse not better!
    The way it should work is more items come into game and price goes down but since these people have basically printed money in the game it's driven the price up instead of down. They don't mind paying 140M for an arcane ring cause for them it's all FREE anyway. This really really makes me mad. It's stealing from not only STS directly but indirectly it's stealing from every legitimate customer of the game which is just plain wrong. My concern is that its going on and STS is aware and they are allowing these offers to continue.

STOP ALL FREE PLAT OFFERS UNTIL a technical solution is found period.
    rogue ~ retired GM Enigmatic

22. The Following User Says Thank You to notfaded1 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Oh that is happening for sure. But its not just from plat farmers. Legit players as well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rare View Post

This post is win!
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

Best solution in my eyes is that sts removes the plat offers and gives each account every month 5-10 plat (only problem here is that people will make like 20 acc's.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

We are all getting cooked on the same fire.