Thread: No Sound... again and again

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default No Sound... again and again

well this bug is starting to bother me to the point of reporting it.. normally at the office i need to keep the phone in silent mode (Iphone 4) because of meetings and stuff like that. sometimes at lunch time i log in the game to check the status of my selling items, during this process sometimes when the game is booting or during the game itself already running i need to switch to silent mode (with the external switch of the iphone) but the problem is that sometimes the sound never comes back, i get no music or effects at all even if i restart the phone and the switch is in On again... the only solution for this is to delete the game and re-install it again... it would be fine if i happened only one time, but yesterday i had to do it again and its my 5th time i think...
    anyone else with this problem? any suggestion?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

so.. am i the only one with such problem?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Similiar issue, I'm using a Droid X however.

The issue I'm having is just with the Sound effects though. I can still hear the music.

However I always check if it's working with my fireworks, if I can hear them, then I know I can hear Gurg yell. Kinda tough to stay alive against him when you can't hear him yell.

I just goto task killer, kill the app, and restart the game and the sound effects work again.

Ron

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

mm interesting.. the problem is that on the iphone i dont think i can kill the app... i can delete it and install it again (correct me if i am wrong).. well it seems that the devs are too busy with bigger stuff.. ill just continue to reinstall the game every time it happens ;P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i have the same problem on my samsung vibrant, about 3/4 of the time i cannot hear sound effects ( shotgun blast, spells, gurg yell) I hope it gets fixed because I LOVE HEARING THE SHOTTY.
    mystaffishard- pure int mage

dongzilla- pure dex bird (main)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mystaffishard View Post
    i have the same problem on my samsung vibrant, about 3/4 of the time i cannot hear sound effects ( shotgun blast, spells, gurg yell) I hope it gets fixed because I LOVE HEARING THE SHOTTY.
    Same here. Playing on a Droid 2 Global and have no sound effects anymore. I have music, bg music and everything but no attack noises or spell sounds. Anyone know how to fix?

EDIT: Restarting my phone was able to bring the sound effects back.
    Last edited by DaSphinx; 01-28-2011 at 11:33 AM. Reason: Updated
    lvl 50 Bear

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It seems only droids have this problem.

It happens to me very often. I either:

A) Log out, close the application totally
    If that doesn't work I:
    B) Uninstall and re-install.

It gets aggravating, but I'm sure it'll be fixed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by omerojs View Post
    mm interesting.. the problem is that on the iphone i dont think i can kill the app... i can delete it and install it again (correct me if i am wrong).. well it seems that the devs are too busy with bigger stuff.. ill just continue to reinstall the game every time it happens ;P
    If you are using iPhone OS 4 or later, you can easily kill the app. Just hold down your home button, and when the little icons at the bottom of the screen pop up, hold down PL icon until you see a little X, and then hit the X and then restart.

Sometimes when I get a phone call or text while playing, when I reopen/ go back to PL I have no sound...I just kill the app and log in again and sound is back.
    Moogerfooger - Dex Bird | Moogerfoogerz - Dual Bear |Brutalityz - loser mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Moogerfooger View Post
    If you are using iPhone OS 4 or later, you can easily kill the app. Just hold down your home button, and when the little icons at the bottom of the screen pop up, hold down PL icon until you see a little X, and then hit the X and then restart.

Sometimes when I get a phone call or text while playing, when I reopen/ go back to PL I have no sound...I just kill the app and log in again and sound is back.
    Yes, i looked on google how to kill apps on iphone and it actually works... the bug is there but killing the app works as an alternative solution from installing it again ;P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Refriedchicken View Post
    It seems only droids have this problem.

It happens to me very often. I either:

A) Log out, close the application totally
    If that doesn't work I:
    B) Uninstall and re-install.

It gets aggravating, but I'm sure it'll be fixed.
    Same problem with a droid X

Another thing that sometimes works
    go to PL in the manage apps setting menu: clear the cache and data you still need to do the initial set-up but its faster than uninstalling and downloading the game again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Did you go to options and see if the "sound" is unchecked?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'd also recommend clearing the app data if the force close doesn't help on android. Works every time. The only thing is you have to re-enter your username/password and close and disable the tips pop-up.

All other data saved server side, so no issues there. And it is much faster then re-installing.

Bravemenrun ::.... ..: Level 55 ::.... ..: MAGE OF THE SKULL HELM