Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Let Us Remember

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    388 Posts

Default Let Us Remember

9/11/2001-

Let's remember the acts of heroism today: the selfless acts of sacrificing oneself's security to help the others, a great example of pure altruism.

If you know a survivor, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE ask them about his/her story. We need to keep history alive. What do we know of Pearl Harbor besides that it was a tragic event? Nothing. NOTHING.

We want future generations, our posterity: our children of our children, and etc. to remember and to express the mental, the psychological, and the physical effects of this tragic event. Educate the future generations.

We, (at least I do), go to school everyday, worrying about my grades and comfort and friends, while people halfway across the world worry about their safety, the safety of their family, and the safety of America. Just life's trivial worries prevent me from remembering these saviors.

I know that I, myself, probably don't have the sacrifice in me to keep going up and down the flights upon flights upon flight upon flights of stairs the firefighters, policeman, local workers had to go through to try to save as many people's lives excluding their life. Idk if I have the heart in me, and maybe you can relate to such a feeling, but I know that I owe these people much of my life, for without them, Idk if I would be as safe as I am now.

My father and mother had no idea what "Terrorism" meant in the '70s. But our generation is different because we basically grown up in a world full of terror, unfortunately.

Most importantly, just remember how lucky U.S. is to have a military force that is composed of people who VOLUNTARILY sign up to preserve the liberty of the U.S. Nonetheless, one must understand that our lifestyles have been changed, and with the rise of ISIL/ISIS, we really don't know what to expect.

Thank you.
    Last edited by Sheugokin; 09-11-2014 at 04:10 PM.

2. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Sheugokin For This Useful Post: