Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Really torn

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Default Really torn

I'm starting to want to quit, I hit thus point ever so often and just wanna quit, I wanna do more than let pl get in the way. I would miss my friends but I'd keep in touch. I'm starting to get depressed a lot, between family troubles, and just feeling lonely right now. Mainly because of my home schooling, I'm not seeing all my friends. I'm starting to get really depressed, and its really getting to me. Little things become a huge deal so easily right now, I feel stressed, and really upset, but I don't know about what. Something is digging at me, and I wanna find out what, but I'm having a real problem about it. I feel afraid to talk about it, but I don't even know what. Part of me wants to take a break and get eveything sorted out, but part of me doesn't. I feel like I have to play to pass time during home schooling, I really hate sitting at home and doing homework, and it's becoming unhealthy I think, but I really feel like there's more to it. I don't play much on the weekends, and as loser like as this may sound, it's because that's the little real life interaction I get all week, so I think that has a lot to do with it. I feel stressed, and again, very depressed, and don't know what to do. My mom goes to work, so she only has proposed the idea for me to go with her like I used to, but there wouldn't be much to do. I really wanna talk to particular people, but don't see them much, and am scared to confront them. Not sure exactly why I'm posting this, I guess I'm just laying it all out there, and I guess asking for adivce or help. Sorry if it's really vivid, I just don't wanna list everything that has been going on, some of my friends know, I'm just not comfortable posting everything that's been going on. I've been having kinda mood swings, I've been feeling really happy, and joy filled, then I feel stressed, and then I feel depressed, like I am now. I think I kinda know what's wrong, but at the same time, I don't. At all. And it's driving me away from, and to pl at the same time, if that makes any sense:/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ive been feeling this at times as well, many people do. Its usually something that youre unconfortable with in your current situation and just need to figure out what it is and how to fix it. Thats one solution at least. Another could be to really try to look at things differently and stick to one you like.
    Started playing April 2010, finished February 2011. and still getting banned when im not even playing

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

But I don't know what precisely the problem is, or if it's a combination of problems. I feel too stressed to try and break it down, and frankly, I don't even know if breaking it down would answer it:/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Those arent the best solutions i think because they arent as easy as they may sound but when i had depression at your age thats what i did and it helped me a lot. Also getting a regular sleep schedule can make a huge difference.
    Started playing April 2010, finished February 2011. and still getting banned when im not even playing

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

I know, my sleeping has been fine this past week or so, it was really mosh mashed the week before, but I feel it's more sitting around until 5 or so every day. Granted I do school work and such, but I still have a lot of free time, and I some times bike places and see friends, but it doesn't seem to be helping me. At all:/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Part of it may not be lettig yourself enjoy it as much as you could. Might be focusing on the negative details of the situation and not the positives.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticaldream View Post
    I know, my sleeping has been fine this past week or so, it was really mosh mashed the week before, but I feel it's more sitting around until 5 or so every day. Granted I do school work and such, but I still have a lot of free time, and I some times bike places and see friends, but it doesn't seem to be helping me. At all:/
    It's because you are being homeschooled right now. That seems like a very viable explanation. Homeschooling doesn't allow for much social interaction, so this is probably why you feel depressed, and then you come to PL because of the friends there (which is good!, it helps you deal with stress to prevent your brain from overloading), but what I'd say to do, is find something you really enjoy, and go ahead! Meet up with your old friends! Nobody cares and most of the time they LOVE to see one of their old friends return. But you don't need to take a break from PL, stress, along with hormones, homeschooling, and friends is causing this which is why you need to figure out a way to balance them.

This will sound corny but I suggest you make a schedule...to balance those things out. It will help... trust me Let me know and feel free to shoot me a PM on anything else
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Thanks parth. I've been seeing my friends more, but for some reason it doesn't seem like the complete answer to my problem, it feels like I filled in a peice, but not completely. I might be trying to intellectualize it too much, but I'm not sure if it's something that I just have to let fall into place, or if I need to peice it together...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Thanks parth. I've been seeing my friends more, but for some reason it doesn't seem like the complete answer to my problem, it feels like I filled in a peice, but not completely. I might be trying to intellectualize it too much, but I'm not sure if it's something that I just have to let fall into place, or if I need to peice it together...
    You sure it isn't freshman year hitting you? I remember having very similar feelings freshman year, and a lot of bad was going around in my life, but I stuck around and made it It sounds like you also want to try and achieve something but you are sitting wasting away your time IMO. This is where your video comes into play! Call me so I can help you with it!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Ok thanks appreciate the help a lot from you James and the person nice enough to pm me I would text you back, but my phone just went off saying I got a text, I picked it up, and it died....cant find the charger....lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rangepwnsmeel View Post
    It's because you are being homeschooled right now. That seems like a very viable explanation. Homeschooling doesn't allow for much social interaction, so this is probably why you feel depressed, and then you come to PL because of the friends there (which is good!, it helps you deal with stress to prevent your brain from overloading), but what I'd say to do, is find something you really enjoy, and go ahead! Meet up with your old friends! Nobody cares and most of the time they LOVE to see one of their old friends return. But you don't need to take a break from PL, stress, along with hormones, homeschooling, and friends is causing this which is why you need to figure out a way to balance them.

This will sound corny but I suggest you make a schedule...to balance those things out. It will help... trust me Let me know and feel free to shoot me a PM on anything else
    I 100% agree with him home schooling isn't healthy for a kid you need to be in a regular school so you can grow up the way kids are meant to.
    Currently playing Acabero in PL

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Bro! Take it easy! We all have our problems, but its always healthier to look at the brighter side.

Your one of the coolest and nicest people I've met (granted online), but it still shows how you are as a person.

Hope you feel better, there's really a lot in life to be thankful for. I myself have been called a pessimist, so I'm also trying to see the positive side of things more often :P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cabero View Post
    I 100% agree with him home schooling isn't healthy for a kid you need to be in a regular school so you can grow up the way kids are meant to.
    This is my first year of home schooling since my old school filled up. I'm in the outer district and signed up late, so it filled up, and I really don't wanna go to the other schools in my district since they aren't nearly as nice. Sucks since I had a lot of friends at that school, but I'll see them next year in high school. Can't wait for then and hopefully things will start to peice together.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ok thanks appreciate the help a lot from you James and the person nice enough to pm me I would text you back, but my phone just went off saying I got a text, I picked it up, and it died....cant find the charger....lol
    Np anytime you wanna talk i gladly will do so.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

David, find the charger for your phone! I need to talk to you! :0

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ellyidol View Post
    Bro! Take it easy! We all have our problems, but its always healthier to look at the brighter side.

Your one of the coolest and nicest people I've met (granted online), but it still shows how you are as a person.

Hope you feel better, there's really a lot in life to be thankful for. I myself have been called a pessimist, so I'm also trying
    to see the positive side of things more often :P
    Thanks man Just feel like there's so much drama right now, and it's kinda hitting me all at once. I didn't really address everything (just mentioned that there's family issue) but it feels more like I'm watching an episode of degrassi (which I hate) than irl

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rangepwnsmeel View Post
    David, find the charger for your phone! I need to talk to you! :0
    Mmk. Lemme look around for it Lol, no promises though. I'm just glad my phone lasted 2 days on the charge. Upgrading batteries Is much worth it. But I haven't seen my charger in 2 days, and all I can find is my iPad charger

Edit:

I should really invest in another charger....and keep it aside for when I loose this one. I loose stuff too often.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Mmk. Lemme look around for it Lol, no promises though. I'm just glad my phone lasted 2 days on the charge. Upgrading batteries Is much worth it. But I haven't seen my charger in 2 days, and all I can find is my iPad charger

Edit:

I should really invest in another charger....and keep it aside for when I loose this one. I loose stuff too often.
    About the cell thing idk if you have my number yet lol, sent you in pm but never did anything with them i think.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Residentevil View Post
    About the cell thing idk if you have my number yet lol, sent you in pm but never did anything with them i think lol.
    Lol. I still don't remember my phone number. As you know my memory is horrible

Also, I remember where my phone charger is! Behind my dresser! Too bad I'll prolly knock over my tv if I move out my dresser, and then, my mom won't be happy since she has to get up in 5.5 hours

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Lol. I still don't remember my phone number. As you know my memory is horrible

Also, I remember where my phone charger is! Behind my dresser! Too bad I'll prolly knock over my tv if I move out my dresser, and then, my mom won't be happy since she has to get up in 5.5 hours
    Do it!!!! Use those muscles dylan sprouse!!! Seriously though, I'm staying up because I want to help you out with your video and whatnot

OR if you can't add me on skype... and I'll guide you on how to do it.