Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 50's booting lower levels

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default 50's booting lower levels

Remember 50's you were once 30-49. Most want to lvl. Booting 45-49 especially. I understand those who are going there at really low are sucking xp and items. Really low levels bother me too. I am 49 and have not got past the 3rd lvl of ao3. Groups always leave I end up dying not to mention a few times getting booted by 50's. There are just not enough groups xping. Most are there to get the best items. I could care less about items. I got 2 good bows which are not the best but are pretty good. One is lvl 50 I will use it then. I dont care about pvp I got my fill playing L2 for years. I say all this so you can understand that not everyone who plays here is young, selfish, and lame. Make the community better or people will play somewhere else. If that happens it will be boring in game. Btw - I am 60 years old and been playing games since Atari days and a former Game Admin for L2.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

First, welcome to the forums!

And then, there are always people like that in game, just can't change their minds or influence them in any way. I personally wouldn't boot for anything unless they were very low level, like 30-40 in ao3, or if they weren't helping at all.

Just gotta live with it unfortuanately, but your close enough to 50. After 50 nobody will boot you.
    Blasterbird- lvl 20 twink
    Intbird- Main acc
    Soloed- new acc, soloing to 50.

Need a twink build? Ask here!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Welcome!
    Yes it's sad and Lots of us been there.
    Not so long ago you would get booted because you didn't have the sparking set that, supposedly, would give the team an advantage, although you might just already be a very valid asset. I ended up asking 'can we clear please every time' or creating my own games to reach 50, making a few friends in the process.
    I remember it took me three days to get help to kill the keeper. (he was mean back then). (bakam: thank you
    Devs are changing the boot process, let's hope they'll find a way to limit lvl49 been booted for no good reason, but I'm not sure it is possible.
    Add syvy, I can give you a hand
    soon enough you'll be the one helping out, so forget/ignore those who boot you now and might add u as a friend in a day or so
    Good luck

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Woups, I write to slowly. BlasterBird said it all

Quote Originally Posted by BlasterBird View Post
    after 50 nobody will boot you.
    Just not sure about that... but let's pretend

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well, I would hope that nobody boots at 50.
    Intbird- Main acc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If you need someone to play with...add: kidslice

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

hmm ya I can understand, people used to call me noob 49! and ask me to leave. So angry and I still remember the nick of one nasty person! I never boot low level and I never boot anyone. if really needed, I will tell nicely. Now I always create my own game at AO3 Keeper map and solo till anyone join me. or join friends' game.
    Brotherhood Rocks!

Palyna Level 66 full int mage
    Palyne Level 30 Bear

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Cool

Wow a 60 year old playing pl.

man thats made my day ive had people call me old lol and im 30.

Anyway welcome if you need a hand in ao3 give me a shout

respect to the elders.

Tupaclegend lvl 62 Warrior
    proud member of C.O.T

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    471 Posts

Yea thug always levels people. Also feel free to add my characters in my sig and I'll help you unlock all the levels of ao3

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    110 Posts

Sometimes, I think the level cap in this game should be based on a player's age

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixking View Post
    Grrr they answer drews question but not mine! That makes me mad,grrrrrrrrrrrr!
    Quote Originally Posted by Physiologic View Post
    We have leet lv 55-56 players dying at Plasma Pyramid...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengotengo View Post
    It's like someone gave me a bag of M&Ms, but there's a handful of candy-coated rabbit turds in the bag somewhere.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by drewcapu View Post
    Sometimes, I think the level cap in this game should be based on a player's age

Id be just reaching twinking level then
    Intbird- Main acc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Some people boot just because they can. I joined a Jolly Old Father Frost "game" one time to turn in a winter quest, and I was booted with the reason being "lol." I don't mind leaving if they ask me to. But I put everyone who's ever booted me rudely from their games on ignore.

David, add me (Chrononh for Mage, Chronnonh for bear) and I'd be happy to help go through the rest of AO3 with you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Lol Chronoh I got booted when I joined a VL group last night with the message "kick three."

I have no idea what that means cept maybe they were going for a new record of booting lol. And yup now they on ignore.

David feel free to add me also. I remember a couple of great level 50's who helped me clear all those dungeons before I turned 50. I will alway be grateful to them. And I believe in paying it forward.

Without giving up my age, I too began playing with Atari. I have played or tried every mmorpg ever distributed in the U.S. Including L2. There are a lot of us old folks playing this game. I think we're just a bit quieter, and we don't talk about our poopy holes.

Lol, yes that did happen in a group....each calling the other poopy holes....laughed my butt off.
    Yes'r I'm a real girl and no I don't have any gold to give you, sorry.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Eh I'm 28 and had an Atari growing up -- I don't think you have to be that old to have played one.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BlasterBird View Post
    First, welcome to the forums!

And then, there are always people like that in game, just can't change their minds or influence them in any way. I personally wouldn't boot for anything unless they were very low level, like 30-40 in ao3, or if they weren't helping at all.

Just gotta live with it unfortuanately, but your close enough to 50. After 50 nobody will boot you.
    I do not agree with that last part.

There are multiple reasons

1) Bad gear
    2) Lazy
    3) Bad ratio
    4) Party is full
    5) They just wanna boot for fun

There are many more reasons as to why they'd boot him, but I do see 50s booted a lot.

First, welcome to the community

We see a few posts like this, asking for people not the boot them, but most of the time the problem isn't the people on the forums. You're kinda close to 50 (depending where you are at xp wise) Just hang in there, and join quick play games! If you can, you could try soloing ao3:2, crush the keeper, giving you nice xp and kills, along with some gold $.$

People on here may be willing to help you unlock, I don't play much anymore, but if I'm on, and I notice my pending friends, I'll add you on it, its pretty long right now but if you leave your ign I'll try and make note of it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I don't like booting either, but if someone is lvl40 and lower and goes to ao3? That's pushing it, unless you got a friend who is leveling you.
    I started going to ao1 at lvl39, ao2 at 45, and ao3 at 47. Only time when i get booted in ao3 was when i went to VL as lvl 48. To beat VL efficiently you need a full team of lvl50, sometimes i see lvl 49s get booted from VL, and i kinda feel bad for them, but there is a difference from lvl 50 to 49 so they needed to be booted for a fast run.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Add me on any of the chars in my sig. I enjoy playing through maps and often 40s players are more enjoyable than many of the 50s.

I started playing on Pong, you kids with your newfangled Atari!

Yeah, as a 50 I've been booted too, once also with LOL, other times with something like 'need bear'. Who knows, try not to take it personally, it's them that has the issues.
    PL: Arazoro [76] ranger | Noerbert [76] archer | Zeanaca [76] sorceress | Arbert [76] warrior
    AL: Teamar [22] rogue | Barimar [21] sorcerer | Guark [21] warrior

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lesrider View Post
    Eh I'm 28 and had an Atari growing up -- I don't think you have to be that old to have played one.
    Heh, I think we're both referring to when the first Atari 2600 came out almost 30 years ago. You would have been a twinkle in your daddy's eye.

I just gave my son an Atari for Christmas this year. Will always be my favorite console.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I'll tell you why I boot non-50s. Most of the time, the levelers will just leave when we get to a boss. This totally sucks for me, because as a level 50 I have no really desire to just kill the minions; the main incentive to do the map is to kill the boss (to improve skills and get prizes).

I feel this is a social problem the designers need to solve better. (I posted a longer analysis in another thread.)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Norbert View Post
    Add me on any of the chars in my sig. I enjoy playing through maps and often 40s players are more enjoyable than many of the 50s.

I started playing on Pong, you kids with your newfangled Atari!

Yeah, as a 50 I've been booted too, once also with LOL, other times with something like 'need bear'. Who knows, try not to take it personally, it's them that has the issues.
    Ha! I remember my husband and I having parties at our house and everyone always ended up crowded around our IBM watching each other play Pong! No multi-player, co-op or even mice then! How funny now.

Omg my ageism is showing. . My apologies.