Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 50's booting lower levels

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mycroftxxx View Post
    I'll tell you why I boot non-50s. Most of the time, the levelers will just leave when we get to a boss. This totally sucks for me, because as a level 50 I have no really desire to just kill the minions; the main incentive to do the map is to kill the boss (to improve skills and get prizes).

I feel this is a social problem the designers need to solve better. (I posted a longer analysis in another thread.)
    Yeah, that was a frustration on my part, too (i.e. not finishing maps), especially in Keeper and, more recently, Captive. Any more, I ask when I step in the map if it's an xp run, quest, or boss kill. I think the host should inform the players what the plans are. Some hosts also require pots (for non VL runs) and those who don't want to can find another game. Maybe when they update the hosting to include level requirements and notes like "xp run" or "pots required" that booting won't be such a big problem anymore.

Re Atari, I think my cousins had one. My first memory of video games was Super Mario on the Nintendo, which I never got to play because the bigger kids always "booted" the smaller kids off the console. Guess some things never change.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I'm leveling an alt pure mage, with the game plan of finishing all of the quests in order (within practicality) and moving on to the next zone when I'm done with all quests. The only time I've had to stop to "grind" was to pick up a couple of levels to get to 30 for Frozen Nightmares.

It's really annoying getting booted by 50s from an unlocked level 30 (elite, but 30 nonetheless) map, when I'm just as capable as a level 50 mage in buffing, healing, and reviving. I'm not a leech, I'm actively contributing, and despite being there primarily for the quests, I finish levels (and have gotten a nice handful of pinks -- the only non-quest pinks this character has gotten so far!), but I regularly get booted by 50s simply for being "low level".

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

If you actually know how to play, you're probably more useful in FN than many of the 50s. I've seen entire teams of 50s get wiped in there… utterly ludicrous. No, having all shadow gear doesn't mean it's safe to walk into a room full of yeti and wake them all up. Duh. By contrast, I've done if a few times with just one other player and it's been fairly fast. (It's hard for me to solo, because kiting doesn't work well on my PoS phone—Nexus One not recommended for gaming. I've done it, but it takes a long time.)
    Last edited by mycroftxxx; 01-24-2011 at 02:21 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

Duke, there's not much you can do about that. But map 5 of Lost Expedition, over and over, will get you some more pinks. Every Ice Demon has a chance to drop one, and one day I actually got four pinks in one run.

That is an honorable way to level ("game plan of finishing all of the quests in order (within practicality) and moving on to the next zone when I'm done with all quests"), but it isn't practical. The elite quests can wait, in my opinion, until after Swamps, or even until after level cap.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Drew, would that make most of them lvl 10?...lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Snakespeare View Post
    Duke, there's not much you can do about that. But map 5 of Lost Expedition, over and over, will get you some more pinks. Every Ice Demon has a chance to drop one, and one day I actually got four pinks in one run.

That is an honorable way to level ("game plan of finishing all of the quests in order (within practicality) and moving on to the next zone when I'm done with all quests"), but it isn't practical. The elite quests can wait, in my opinion, until after Swamps, or even until after level cap.
    I swore I wouldn't respond to you anymore, Snake, but I can't help it. You're such a hypocrite!!! In one post you say people should only be allowed to farm an area that's appropriate for their level, preventing lvl 50s from farming lower-level areas. Then in another post you recommend someone wait for the level cap before they do a lvl 30 campaign!

Make up your da** mind!!!!

That's all, I'm going back to not repsonding. I just felt someone needed to respond to this BS.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks for all the replies I am Timbabird in game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I love to finish a map. I figure whatever the group is there for xping covers it all. Once you get to 50 you can either farm it or help others. Only time I leave is when my phone is dying.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticaldream View Post
    I do not agree with that last part.

There are multiple reasons

1) Bad gear
    2) Lazy
    3) Bad ratio
    4) Party is full
    5) They just wanna boot for fun

There are many more reasons as to why they'd boot him, but I do see 50s booted a lot.

First, welcome to the community

We see a few posts like this, asking for people not the boot them, but most of the time the problem isn't the people on the forums. You're kinda close to 50 (depending where you are at xp wise) Just hang in there, and join quick play games! If you can, you could try soloing ao3:2, crush the keeper, giving you nice xp and kills, along with some gold $.$

People on here may be willing to help you unlock, I don't play much anymore, but if I'm on, and I notice my pending friends, I'll add you on it, its pretty long right now but if you leave your ign I'll try and make note of it
    Lalalala I LOOOOOOOVE the boot button. Ill admit it. Why? Mystical has answered all of it.

PS This has been said before but here we go again..... there is a HUUUGE difference between 49 and 50. Dont believe me? All you 49's I will gladly PVP you and will pay you 200k gold if you win a 10 round match. No entry fee required. Oh and Elite gear vs regular pink once again huge difference.
    I stand for one thing so I dont fall for everything.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

I don't mind most booting. People have their reasons and I can start my own game or join friends. So...

A couple thoughts on finishing up Ao3, especially some of the more popular levels, like Ao3:2 or Ao3:3: You can always join a 1/2 done, mostly empty game to finish it. Sometimes the boss is gone, sometimes just most of the mobs. You then invite your friends in and then learn the area. You should be able to do it and finish all levels Ao3 with or without a level 50's help. If the boss is gone, the rest of the level should be easy, even for a non-level 50. I would bet that you'll find lots of helpers though. Most people are nice.

Maybe what annoys me is the leveling players who think they need level 50s to help them... learn that you DO NOT. You and your friends are perfectly capable of clearing Ao3. That's how everyone used to do it, in a much harder Ao3.

Star light, star bright...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

WOAH THERE, i LOVE helping lower levels, ):

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Snakespeare View Post

It ain't about "practical", I'm actually on a mission to try and do all of the quests in order and see what it means for character development and leveling. This is an alt created for this specific pupose - my main pure 'chantress is level 48.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Lol booting is fair. If you join their game and they want to be solo or with certain people. Or maybe you are going ahead they have every right to boot you.

PRO TIP:
    What I normally do is once I join ask if I can stay if it's a no they'll just boot, but if you do ask you have a way better chance of staying in

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

If you want to be solo, you should set a password so nobody else can join.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hekpoc View Post
    Lalalala I LOOOOOOOVE the boot button. Ill admit it. Why? Mystical has answered all of it.

PS This has been said before but here we go again..... there is a HUUUGE difference between 49 and 50. Dont believe me? All you 49's I will gladly PVP you and will pay you 200k gold if you win a 10 round match. No entry fee required. Oh and Elite gear vs regular pink once again huge difference.
    Not to say your point isn't valid on some grounds, but the logic in posing the difference between a 49/50 in pvp vs pve isn't sound. While in pvp, the slightest difference in stats and skills(I use this term loosely to mean pushing buttons in the right order the fastest over varying connection speeds) makes the difference between a death and a kill, the same does not apply in pve. Enemies are not cognitive and unable to play in a intelligent and efficient manner. So, with the main variable in pve being party dynamics and cohesion(not the best gear), a party of 49s with a full understanding of dynamics and cohesion is> than a party of 50s (with best equip). While this point can be discussed and criticized more with other variables, I'll leave it at this because I need to study for exams
    Westpsy- Lv55 bird(raid roach)
    Psywest- Lv25 mage
    Pswesty- Lv50 bear(rift/lolmystery)
    Carlrogers- Lv10 bird(water-weak twink) & Carljung- Lv10 bear(twink)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

No matter what dungeon your doing the principal is the same nothing makes the game more fun and lvling easier than a good party of players who understand their char and its role. Not staying together or leaving when you level or finish your quest is a sure sign of selfish play. I have yet to get through lvl 3 of ao3. I believe the reason for this is people want bosses or fast lvling and they drop when they accomplish theit goal. The lvl is difficult enough without all the bs. I use lots of pots and still die at least 3 times and than look around and just me there. Its daytime now in the philippines while others are sleeping. So my friend options are limited. Like I said before I do not care about pvp and will not be taking part.
    Last edited by davidis57; 01-24-2011 at 08:11 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts