Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Arena discussion

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    109 Posts

Good bye dimensional gladiator ap...
    This is not worth it.

CaptnSharky lvl 41 - Schattenwolff lvl 21, Mein Motto: Have Fun!, unser Forum

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Check my post to thread called arena is it worth it?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    149 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GoodSyntax View Post
    Getting close to 50 chests - not even a sniff at a pink (and lol@fossil odds). All worthless epics so far. Lots of worthless Noble and Shade gear dropping off of the bosses though - freebies for townies and noobs I suppose, because it certainly isn't worth the listing fee.
    Not a sniff for me either!
    The thing with the old arena was that when it was launched it was a good map to farm, every boss having the chance of dropping an elite gold puzzle, which were the newest chests at the time. This one however, you lose money as soon as you step in going through a ridiculous amount of potions etc. Okay, at the end you obtain a master chest which contains, in my case, a pathetic item fit only for the bin. So yeah I'm enjoying the challenge of the new arena but idk how long I will be able to afford to farm there. Whoever had the idea to start creating these chests that can't be traded, shame on you!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dex Scene View Post
    Lol.
    Isn't old arena is replaced by new planner?
    haha. there u are. atleast u laughed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by obee View Post
    P2W is so stupid, it made me quit. This game is a piece of crap. At least other games listen to user feedback dam
    kids r always impatient. it's not ur fault.
    and which games does listen to feesdbacks?
    for me STS listen every possible feedbacks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zuorsyra View Post
    Lol.
    You always make it sound like it's easy lol truth is it ain't easy.
    Your advice is to farm elite Tindirin but bro... That place is no joke, so stop telling us pink legendary players to go farm in there lol and farming locks in brack or km3 for mythic or arcane is just out of the question... Locks are 5/6k atm, so for mythic armor (1.6/7m) you need approximately 250+ locks I know that's possible but that's just the mythic armor set which is much easier to come by now, but I don't think farming locks is gonna work if you're after arcane ring.
    Pvp twinks are all maxed out players lol I don't think a legendary gear endgame player can create a pvp twink account strong enough to compete with the other twinks, made by mythic/arcane endgame players...
    And pls stop telling us to try loot a shard by opening elite golden dragonchests cuz looting one that way is not something that happenes everyday just like looting arcane fossil in this new arena, plus elite golden dragonchests are not that easy to find cuz elite tindirin is not for pink gear lol and dragkin teeth from normal tindirin (40 for elite golden chest) are a pain in the neck.
    Planar arena SHOULD NOT BE for ARCANE ONLY that's unfair everyone should be able to play this NOW bc why do we have to wait for the next lvl cap in order to play an easier arena?
    ik ur frustration. but since u still dnt hav set mythic , farm eggs in low level elites and farm locks. know the market and do merching. set a goal to get mythic set in a week. mythic set r very cheap atm.

7.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #87
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,906 Posts

Hey guys. We're definitely hearing your feedback! Don't worry. Changes and tweaks sometimes take some time. Keep in mind, we have to determine the changes we want to make, then develop them into the game, test, then make live. It's not an instant thing. Please be patient with us while we fine tune the arena. In the meantime, keep an eye on this thread for all of the latest on any changes: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...2-Live-Updates
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Remiem For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anehazaz View Post
    Not a sniff for me either!
    The thing with the old arena was that when it was launched it was a good map to farm, every boss having the chance of dropping an elite gold puzzle, which were the newest chests at the time. This one however, you lose money as soon as you step in going through a ridiculous amount of potions etc. Okay, at the end you obtain a master chest which contains, in my case, a pathetic item fit only for the bin. So yeah I'm enjoying the challenge of the new arena but idk how long I will be able to afford to farm there. Whoever had the idea to start creating these chests that can't be traded, shame on you!
    That was my fault most likely. Remember the price of EGPs before arena then after. EGPs were 100k, after arena 25k. Elite farmers lost a boatload.

If EGDs dropped here no one would run Tindirin. And instead of 85-100k, they would be worth 35k.

I also like that the chest is bound. That way you have to earn it! I am not a fan of the single drops which usually yield purples though. And instead of just gladiator gear, add more valuable items. How disappointed was I to get a pink only to realize I got quite possibly the worst variant of armor for a sorc. But I did receive tens of gold to liquidate the junk epics I "looted"

AL: Kalizzaa
    Retired Officer of <Elite Runners>
    Elite Chronicles: Solo guides for elite maps - No longer maintained

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

arena needs some tweaks eventually
    Fear is my second name...sometimes

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by karrdath View Post
    Makes it completely impossible for legendary geared players
    This is how all arenas/game mechanics should be built on (Legendary Gear). from now on...instead of focusing on the top 2% of top geared players. This meaning "legendary gear" is what the majority will have and thats why in the beta testing of arena, I was ONLY using the legendary gear..not the dream gear I wish to have. As for waiting to try arena..i'm unable to try it because of the funding needed..and the deaths people are posting...waist of money IMO.

Now, to be realistic, anytime beta players have a chance to do it again..I suggest buy armor you have in the real game if they do the beta again. So it will not be a surprise when the devs release an expansion. When I was in the beta guild many were asking for money to buy the best gear "Basically begging for items" to test the new arena. So really...it wasn't a test..but a trial of the best gear in the game. <---actually thats a great idea leaving a "Trial" version of the full game..that people can buy stuff..it needs to be time capped..but i'm going off on a tangent XD annnnyyyywwaaayyy........

Quote Originally Posted by Remiem View Post
    Hey guys. We're definitely hearing your feedback! Don't worry. Changes and tweaks sometimes take some time. Keep in mind, we have to determine the changes we want to make, then develop them into the game, test, then make live. It's not an instant thing. Please be patient with us while we fine tune the arena. In the meantime, keep an eye on this thread for all of the latest on any changes: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...2-Live-Updates
    as for this I'll wait, thx for the update...but this is your game and mechanics, so ill do what ghosts do best.....wait
    Last edited by octavos; 09-18-2014 at 09:27 AM.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54483&dateline=131136  6901
    PL-Ghosts | SL-DL-AL- Ghost | SL-DL-AL-Octavos

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GoodSyntax View Post
    That was my fault most likely. Remember the price of EGPs before arena then after. EGPs were 100k, after arena 25k. Elite farmers lost a boatload.

If EGDs dropped here no one would run Tindirin. And instead of 85-100k, they would be worth 35k.

I also like that the chest is bound. That way you have to earn it! I am not a fan of the single drops which usually yield purples though. And instead of just gladiator gear, add more valuable items. How disappointed was I to get a pink only to realize I got quite possibly the worst variant of armor for a sorc. But I did receive tens of gold to liquidate the junk epics I "looted"
    I just fell out of my chair!

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FluffNStuff For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by utpal View Post
    ik ur frustration. but since u still dnt hav set mythic , farm eggs in low level elites and farm locks. know the market and do merching. set a goal to get mythic set in a week. mythic set r very cheap atm.
    Mythic armor set is NOT beyond my reach. arcane or lvl 41 mythic weapons are hard to come by especially for the 95% of all players in the game and that's the only gear fit for this arena just mythic armor is not enough and I don't think farming kettle eggs in elite brack will be enough to make enough money for arcane ring lol
    And pls stop being so arrogant ��

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts

i think it;s ok........do not make arena too easy........

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

Is there some feedback after nerf tomorrow?
    Arena should give lots of profitable loot. There are plenty of druid gear which is almost similar to gladiators gear. I wonīt pay 2 mil. for 23 armor and 15 HP

Dont forget that halloween event comes in month with far better gear again. So if arena isnīt profitable now, after month anyone know that some arena exist

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,017 Posts

Loot is still terrible.

It's fun though to play.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Candylicks For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

I only have three issues....

1) Frostir snare area is OP, OP, OP!
    2) When Frostir enrages, and the party wipes, he stays enraged, doesn't reset like he should.
    3) Too many mushrooms! Plus they're targetable, so really make a run chaotic!

Other than that, I did notice a dramatic increase in speed when bosses are enraged. Nice work STS!

And yeah, if anything, the loot has gotten worse! lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,017 Posts

I bombed nabs last night in Kraag w/ shade and architect. Bet they were excited to earn their TENS of gold too.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Candylicks For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Candylicks View Post
    I bombed nabs last night in Kraag w/ shade and architect. Bet they were excited to earn their TENS of gold too.
    Almost as good as a drive-by egging with Deary, Tankton and Alejandro :-P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

With such crazy gold earnings, this calls for a gold sink revamp!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    250 Posts

I won't dwell on it for two long, but I think these two points pretty some up the arena:

1) Almost no one on my friends list or in my guild is running arena. Very few people are playing it.

2) Almost one week after the release, even after the nerf, there are only 6 times on the pure timed run leaderboard. This means that it is incredibly difficult to run without using elixers or using plat revive.

Edit: well people have only been able to post times for 3 days or so, but still you get my point....
    Last edited by drgrimmy; 09-20-2014 at 09:15 PM.