Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Planar Arena Feedback

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GoodSyntax View Post
    Per Remiem's request, I am going to sum up my opinions and observations of the new Planar Arena:

I find the new arena unnecessarily difficult. Being a nearly maxed out Rogue, and having a full party with a max tank, either two max sorcs, or a max sorc and Remiem:

BUGS:
    • Enrage obelisk can be banished by Samael/Grimm, meaning enrage cannot be avoided
    • Ferrix death pools hitting for 35-50% DMG
    • Plat revives close to entrance gate respawns you inside of the gate, and insta-kills you
    • Stahl - in certain environments is hitting for well over 4k damage
    • Poison smoke damage is stacking, so in tight areas is hitting for 60-70% DMG per tick!
    • Some bosses seem to have a slow aura around them (like Glacians in Nordr) which makes avoiding windups impossible
    • All bosses and environmentals are tougher and more difficult that what we saw in the test server.
    • Bosses are one hitting our 7k hp, 2.5k armor tank!

OBSERVATIONS:
    This is far too difficult. If a full Maxed out party is struggling mightily in completing arena runs, I can only imagine what mainstream parties will go through. I literally wasted 12 revenges myself in a single run (the one with stahl), and the rest of my party wasted nearly as many.

With the environment capable of one-hitting rogues and sorcs (vortex crystals, mushrooms, overlapping smoke) I feel that this is unnecessarily difficult. It is not a matter of strategy, since I am an arena veteran, and I was very successful in the test server's arena, it is a matter of one or two hit deaths are far too common and for the most part unavoidable.

New boss procs??? simply add to this sense of too challenging. Players should be able to avoid AoE windups, which in some cases is impossible right now with the ensnaring procs.

Honestly, I don't like this increasing tendency for one-hits. I would much rather see higher DPS than more insta-deaths! Insta-death, especially in the arena construct, negates strategy, which turns the game into a platinum black hole.

Especially, considering that the Arena chest is only giving out a single item, I don't think this is fair or balanced. Given the volume of plat I just wasted, the loot I actually received and the immense challenge; especially when I consider myself a far above average elite runner who has been able to successfully solo every elite map, this is simply over the top!
    With this update I can't play al I'm sad and mad because my phone is no longer compatable. I really don't care for the arena cause I am a legendary user and don't even enter elites or shuyal gladiator arena at 41 and I'm more active on my 23 tank twink and I love pvp. So I really don't care for elites or end game I love twink and I have fun but now I can no longer play al -.-". Please make another version for me or fix my problem

Sent from my LG-P925 using Tapatalk 2
    [SIGPIC]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Did two runs. It is enough since everyone tries and leaves.

Ferrix seems to bugged, gate wont let you back in when everyone is down. It just goes up and down and kills

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    237 Posts

I tried and had no problem with ferrix and bloodhammer (only needed 2 respawns in ferrix and none for bloodhammer) because I could actually run away from them. But when I had the misfortune to get Stahl, I decided to quit planar arena until people developed methods to beat stahl. For gods sakes, he was 1-hitting me from anywhere in the room and together with his attack and the spiders our tank was not lasting more than 5 seconds. Please tell me I'm not the only one who finds this ridiculous.