Thread: Advice on Tanking Gear & Stats for [Elite] Dungeons

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Default Advice on Tanking Gear & Stats for [Elite] Dungeons

Hello all,

My IGN is Sakiaz and I am an end-game non-plat level 41 Warrior/Tank. Been playing for about 1.5 months now.

Problem: My gear & stats are becoming average, if not sub-par for [Elite] dungeons (such as Nordr/ShuyalTindirin). With the launch of the new Planar Arena, tanking stats are pretty crucial and need to be exceptional to survive - even for future content release by STS. I know the mechanics of tanking and I've tanked all of [Elite] Nordr and [Elite] Ashral Tower - but haven't tried [Elite] Tindirin.

Goal: Increase tanking stats (health & armor) - can y'all suggest/advise gear or pets to help me in achieving this?

Below are my current stats, no elixir, no pets active is the 1st image, and the 2nd image is with Little Bear active.

Name:  sakiaz_pet_inactive.png
Views: 1624
Size:  1.16 MB

Name:  sakiaz_pet_active.png
Views: 1537
Size:  1.20 MB

As you can see - my health and armor seem pretty standard, although I'm still able to tank [Elite] Nordr/Shuyal fairly comfortably at a reasonable pace with very few (if any) deaths.

My gear:

Weapon: Magmatic Claymore of Will (Lvl 41 - Full Regular Blood)
    Helmet: Ancient Druid Helm of Potency (Lvl 41 - Full Regular Blood)
    Armor: Ancient Druid Bark of Potency (Lvl 41 - Full Regular Blood)
    Ring: Night Ocean Ripple of Warfare (Lvl 36 - Full Regular Blood)
    Amulet: Tarlok's Heart of Potency (Lvl 36 - Full Regular Blood)

My passives are 5/5 Armor, 5/5 STR and 5/5 DMG

I would prioritize my Ring and Amulet to be replaced - but some of the good lvl 41 legendaries out there are beyond expensive.

I keep these pets in rotation for [Elite] dungeons when I tank.
    Tank Pets: Little Bear, Ironbite, Valkin, Snaggletooth

I am in the market to purchase Prance. I currently have 240k gold and am waiting for Prance to go below 140k.

What's the recommended course of action to improve my Warrior for tanking purposes for [Elite] dungeons and further end-game content?

Any help is sincerely appreciated and thanks for taking the time to read this.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    174 Posts

Try to get Bulwark and when Abaddon comes back buy him from the CS W/ gold
    Do elites to get some gold and achieve! A conquerors wall is also good for Elites and the Pavise even though severely outdated is still useful because of its proc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

now u only need :
    ring: lvl41 str archon rings. (fatality or savvy but potency is better)
    amulets: lvl41 wild talisman of will.

now u will be able to tank elite tindirin fairly well.

u can also use lvl41 conquer wall of potency at bosa fight if u can't afford bulwark.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

now u only need :
    ring: lvl41 str archon rings. (fatality or savvy but potency is better)
    amulets: lvl41 wild talisman of will.

now u will be able to tank elite tindirin fairly well.

u can also use lvl41 conquer wall of potency at boss fight if u can't afford bulwark.

and u also need to change the dmg passive. instead giv to dex for more hp.

then u will hav some around 6500hp and 2400armour with prance pet.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    568 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sakiaz View Post
    I am in the market to purchase Prance. I currently have 240k gold and am waiting for Prance to go below 140k.
    Quote Originally Posted by SacredKnight View Post
    Try to get Bulwark and when Abaddon comes back buy him from the CS W/ gold
    Do elites to get some gold and achieve! A conquerors wall is also good for Elites and the Pavise even though severely outdated is still useful because of its proc.
    The items may be out of his price range for now.

I use these items. And like before, a cheap Conqueror's wall will do the job as well.

L41 Magma Claymore of Will
    L41 Ancient Druid Helm/Bark of Will
    L41 Elondrian Ring of Fitness (STR): I previously used L36 Night Ocean Ripple of Warfare. Both work well
    L30 Amulet of Doom: I haven't upgraded until I see the new mythic amulet. If it is good, I may buy it or just wait for Wild Talisman to drop in price.
    Ebezaanec|Ebezairec|Ebezcookie|Trisomy|Apothem

Following the Code

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Your stats are good if you know how to tank well. When I first started running elites I had no idea how to tank but now I know what's what etc. Still not the best and I still don't have the best gear I'll list what I have
    Lvl41 magma of will +6 st
    Lvl41 ancient druid of pot/set both with 2 normal life shard on each
    Lvl41 stone loop of pot +3 st (epic ring)
    Lvl41 sacred Elo pendant of security with 2 normal life shards.
    I mostly use dova or slagg for my pets. There's a really good guide on how to run elite tindirin. I'll attach it soon lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?t=167194

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

SacredKnight: I'm pretty far off from affording a Bulwark or the pet Abaddon for the time being - but I completely agree, these are THE BEST for tanking and increasing my stats accordingly.

utpal: I purchased a Conqueror's Wall of Potency for the extra armour, was only 3k with 2 regular blood gems. I am planning to see if I can farm the Archon Ring of Potency by going to [Elite] Rockhorn Summit - killing the 1st mob set of salamanders - and then re-entering.

What comes to high priority is that my ring. As far as the Archon Ring of Savvy/Potency suggestion, I thought the Elondrian Grove Ring of Fitness may be an adequate substitute. The Wild Talisman of Will doesn't have a significant improvement over my Tarlok's Heart of Potency - so that's on low priority for me now. I'll definitely add DEX instead of DMG passive as well - crucial suggestion.

Ebezaanec: I may switch over to Will gear simply for the HP and armor boost! The ring I desire is actually Elondrian Grove of Fitness as well, I'll see if I can afford it soon. As per the amulet - which new mythic amulet are you referring to? Included in the Planar Tombs or the Halloween event for e.g.? Otherwise, Wild Talisman of Will (the best) or Tarlok's Heart of Potency are worth upgrading to.

CptAwsome: Wicked gear suggestions! I'm in the same boat - I just began tanking [Elite] maps and I am learning everyday. I am going to take a look at your Elondrian pendant. I thought tanks wouldn't be needed considering the speed of 2 Rogues and 2 Mages running an [Elite] but I still feel tanks are necessary. I joined this game during Ursoth's Assault and didn't get Dovabear in time unfortunately - Slag is amazing, I've yet to get a Mythic/Arcane pet. I followed that guide for tanking actually - it's amazing.

Good news is I was able to purchase Prance (amazing tank pet) and ran [Elite] Tindirin - Wilds twice and died just once! Fairly quick runs too.

Thank you sincerely all, your advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    568 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Remiem View Post
    Hey Kali!

We've seen it and LOVE your ideas. I apologize for the lack of actual response. I was hoping to wait and see what kind of traction it gained with the devs rather something as simple as "Thanks for the feedback! I'll pass it along." The next content coming for Arcane Legends will be the Planar Tombs, which is Elite content and will have lots of new gear including a new mythic pendant. We hope this will provide some fun and challenging farming objectives for you while we consider what will come next.

Thank you again for being such a valuable member of the community, and please keep the ideas coming.
    This a post from Remiem.
    Ebezaanec|Ebezairec|Ebezcookie|Trisomy|Apothem

Following the Code

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

since u r using druid potency set which gives some nice dmg boost then " will " version that's y u need archon fatality for nice HP and armour. remember the armour bonus of archon rings does not show in auction, but when u wear it gives u 93 armour.
    also those elondrian stuffs only increases dmg. no hp and armour.
    while archon and talisman gives high hp and armour.

but if u can't afford those rings and amulets, u must buy druid of will set to gain more HP and armour.

warrior means having as much HP and armour as possible for elite tanking. don't focus on dmg stats.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Damage pets usually have high HP. Therefore you may want to sacrifice damage in your weapon or ring for more armor and HP. You will net 200-300 more HP with a minimal loss and/or gain in damage and/or armor.

The best net upgrade without switching multiple things around is to get an archon ring of potency (lvl36 is fine, it has nearly the same stats as a lvl41). It is the best ring, besides arcane, for warriors.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Ebezaanec: Awesome - thanks for the heads up. Even more excited for the Planar Tombs content now

utpal: Absolutely I agree - being a Warrior/Tank for [Elite] maps is heavy focus on health and armor, and the dmg can be sacrificed accordingly. I purchased the Ancient Druid Will set (and sold the potency set) and now have enough money for an Archon Ring. I am carefully making up my mind on which ring to choose. Ah I didn't know that Archon Rings don't reflect armor increase when previewed via consignment shop. I guess purchasing it and then wearing it will clearly show the +93 armor.

Crowsfoot: Yup definitely sacrificing dmg from my ring & amulet will net me that extra health and armor which would be crucial for [Elite] map tanking. However, I'm a little unsure as to which Archon Ring to purchase (I'd want to purchase a lvl 41 ring version for sure). I've listed the Archon rings below in which I'm interested in:

All of these rings have an additional +2.5 BONUS ARMOR stat

Archon Ring of Fatality: 46 STR, 11 DEX, 3.09% CRIT
    Archon Ring of Grace: 44 STR, 16 DEX, 3.46% DODGE
    Archon Ring of Savvy: 44 STR, 16 INT, 3.46% DODGE

The Potency version is way outside my range.

Since I already have 1k+ mana, I think the Archon Ring of Fatality/Grace is best for me - but which would be more beneficial on the long run, the CRIT or the DODGE for [Elite] map tanking?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

The +2.5% bonus damage is a lie. All archon's with that description grant 93 armor when equipped.

The stats of most level 41 archon's are usually +1-2 main stat and +1 secondary stat compared to level 36 versions. Therefore, it is usually acceptable to use a lvl 36 archon instead.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I decided to get 'Elondrian Grove Ring of Fitness' since dmg was getting quite low.

Next goal is to pick a Wild Talisman of Will or save up even more for an extended period of time for a mythic/arcane weapon (bulwark or maul).

Cheers