Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: SnS PVP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Default SnS PVP

As Arpuvial said, do not antagonize my thread...

I'm 100% sure opposing guilds with bash my thread so I'm gonna ask moderators to look out on this thread.

Most people sold SnS after the event because it was more of a defensive pet. You had to actually strategically use the circles and not camp on one. You had to actually think which position would make for maximum performance.

After this update I have literally been one hit by stacked purple circles. I'm a maxed rogue with a perfect arcane ring perfect elond bow and elond talis...

What people need to realize is that not every pet has to be a offensive pet... Before update SnS was pretty defensive, now tanks can do rogue DMG with SNS.. I would run VB, Jugg, HoR, and Rally cry if I had sns...

I have experienced the purple circles and they are pretty OP but I have also heard that that green circles are even more beneficial, do we even need tanks when a circle can heal so extensively?

I don't see how its fair for people who sold the pet as a defensive pet... I mean I would not be complaining about this pet if it was in locked crates and I just had to work my butt off to buy this pet, but IN FACT this pet is event EXCLUSIVE- Limited to a very few and is currently the best pet in AL for PvP...

Why didn't Whim get a offensive boost to it after many months of protested reform?

I still don't understand if these circle are working as designed but I would highly recommended a Dev to try to play with one in a CtF match where circles can stack....

Personally I don't think that it is good game mechanics for the best pet to be only attainable through a time machine, I believe the best gear should be able to achieved through hard work and not a exclusive club. (Event winner)

Thoughts?

Edit. The pet is great, yes owners will defend it and say its not the best pet. Obviously they don't want it nerfed because they are one of few people who actually own it.

The item mechanics of this pet are messed up, I don't believe that the best pet should be a limited edition pet..
    Any Dev feedback?

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Remember Me For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

In endgame tanks are used for the shield and used for feebling/coverage from one combos...also sns is a very exclusive pet and isnt godlike. Avoid the stacked circles with ur eyesight and have your tanks learn how to adapt with coverage. Honestly its one less panic pet on the enemy team and it can be avoided. Ive clashed with sns numerous times now and i do not find it as good as you explain. I could agree with a tiny nerf in the damage output, but I wouldnt change the pet drastically. It sure is more powerful than samael in a clash, but any other situation its near useless, and in clash skill can prevail against it still.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Speedofsound View Post
    In endgame tanks are used for the shield and used for feebling/coverage from one combos...also sns is a very exclusive pet and isnt godlike. Avoid the stacked circles with ur eyesight and have your tanks learn how to adapt with coverage. Honestly its one less panic pet on the enemy team and it can be avoided. Ive clashed with sns numerous times now and i do not find it as good as you explain. I could agree with a tiny nerf in the damage output, but I wouldnt change the pet drastically. It sure is more powerful than samael in a clash, but any other situation its near useless, and in clash skill can prevail against it still.
    This post. Samael is still king!
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    This post. Samael is still king!
    I could however see stacking 2 or more sns being way too OP. Not going to lie about this statement

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

I could however see stacking 2 or more sns being way too OP. Not going to lie about this statement
    Yes but this rarely happens. It's not like Samael where everybody and their mother has one so the clash becomes a panic fest.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

I think Whim Brothers should be buffed... For an EXCLUSIVE pet, they should be buffed... But that's just MY opinion

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Instanthumor For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Instanthumor View Post
    I think Whim Brothers should be buffed... For an EXCLUSIVE pet, they should be buffed... But that's just MY opinion
    i fought a whim twink recently. lol@whim whim is the worst arcane pet by far

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Saribeau View Post
    i fought a whim twink recently. lol@whim whim is the worst arcane pet by far
    Well yah for pvp, but the game isnt revolved around pvp.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

The Shady and Surges are coming out of the woodwork though...

Last night I fought against 3 shady and surges... what an absolute joke. I felt like I was wearing a busted vest and wielding a rusty dagger and hiding behind my trusty pet Guapo.

The main issue I find is the best tactic is to hide or run backwards with no real counter pet ability wise. It's kinda like when Misty came out to counter curse (which I still wish the misty ability CD was the same as the curse skill CD) there is no other tactic except kinda hiding or standing on green - of course if you're standing on green and a rogue runs up to me without cover it's good game.

I really do like running around the pools and using tactics (which is soooooo much easier in TdM) but in the CTF arena it's really really hard.

Last night in CtF vs the 3 SnS we were literally running around in circles slowly backwards, around and around and around. If the ticks kill me in 3 or 4 that's roughly 1k a tick (I haven't tested if it's percentage based or how the damage is calculated) but add in any AoE damage from skyward smash, or fireball, and then add in a rogue snipe and it's incredibly easy to pick off opposing dps.

Most twinks if they saw the clashes at end game would be amazed - clashes can last like 30 seconds for a full party wipe or even less. If we equated this to board games I would compare end game pvp almost to tic tac toe - it's just one mistake and you're dead. And really - it does tilt the board even more so with a shady on the other side.

I pvp constantly, and it might rarely happen for you Zeus where you see 1 sns or 2 - and this isn't a personal attack - but anyone not in Karma, it happens almost every match we play vs Karma or their allies where their is at least 1 and (amazingly) 3 last night... Protect me Guapo!
    ORIGINAL ART BY CARLOS ORTEGA ELIZALDE
    46 R/W/M | <E N I G M A T I C> | CARROTS

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jexetta For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jexetta View Post
    The Shady and Surges are coming out of the woodwork though...

Last night I fought against 3 shady and surges... what an absolute joke. I felt like I was wearing a busted vest and wielding a rusty dagger and hiding behind my trusty pet Guapo.

The main issue I find is the best tactic is to hide or run backwards with no real counter pet ability wise. It's kinda like when Misty came out to counter curse (which I still wish the misty ability CD was the same as the curse skill CD) there is no other tactic except kinda hiding or standing on green - of course if you're standing on green and a rogue runs up to me without cover it's good game.

I really do like running around the pools and using tactics (which is soooooo much easier in TdM) but in the CTF arena it's really really hard.

Last night in CtF vs the 3 SnS we were literally running around in circles slowly backwards, around and around and around. If the ticks kill me in 3 or 4 that's roughly 1k a tick (I haven't tested if it's percentage based or how the damage is calculated) but add in any AoE damage from skyward smash, or fireball, and then add in a rogue snipe and it's incredibly easy to pick off opposing dps.

Most twinks if they saw the clashes at end game would be amazed - clashes can last like 30 seconds for a full party wipe or even less. If we equated this to board games I would compare end game pvp almost to tic tac toe - it's just one mistake and you're dead. And really - it does tilt the board even more so with a shady on the other side.

I pvp constantly, and it might rarely happen for you Zeus where you see 1 sns or 2 - and this isn't a personal attack - but anyone not in Karma, it happens almost every match we play vs Karma or their allies where their is at least 1 and (amazingly) 3 last night... Protect me Guapo!
    I think the problem is that they spew out too many pools. Even if it only gave one pool each it would still equate to be better than Whim. PvE and PvP wise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Firstly, ill agree those who have the pet will defend it, and those who don't have it will bash it, especially since such a small part of the community has it. Some people who won this pet during the event seemed more inclined to sell the pet quickly because of its high demand without waiting to see how it would preform. I think a lot of people underestimated the ability of Shady and Surge, and to be honest after the recent stat buff its received, its not much different. People who own it are just starting to learn how to use its ability better. With all new things that come in this game you have to learn to adapt to it, for example the new bulwark curse is a nightmare to mages..but there are still ways around it to kill them. Likewise with sns, you're not forced to stand in the pools of death and any rogue with ring and samael can still kill me with charged bow stun samaels panic and one aimed shot even if im standing in the healing pools. In fact ive been one hit by many ring rouges, theres nothing stopping a single player or team from walking away from the pools until the AA is gone or even kiting around the pools, you just have to learn to adapt. I've faced SnS in plenty of clashes too and there are ways to counter it, maybe some people aren't used to it enough yet and just want anything that stands in their way of winning to be nerfed. Rather than that, try coming up with a defensive plan while this 7-8 second ability is active. There are many major disadvantages to using shady and surge as well running solo or with a team.

When this pet was first announced Remiem made a small video introducing it, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4MXyqwYTsg , in which she stated yes this pet is supposed to be overpowered because of its limited amount and due to the nature of how its acquired. That being said, 50+ players spent 3 weeks of playing this Ursoths Assault event 12+ hours a day non-stop missing sleep, meals and real life just for this one pet (not to mention ridiculous amounts of gold/platinum spent on energy kits). I myself didnt participate in the event to the point where i was awarded a pet but im sure many can agree that it was an agonizing process. This pet was meant to exclusive and overpowered, plain and simple.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Arry For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

I would like to request that those that are rooting for a nerf to please not exaggerate, thank you. If needed, I can post a video to show how untrue the exaggerations are.

Exaggerations:

- wearing a busted vest, rusted dagger, and guapo
    - 1k damage per tick

Realistically:

- The damage/heal increased by about 100 and it is a static amount based on your character's level. So, Arry is right in saying that it is not much different; it isn't! The heal/damage per tick increased by 100. That's not all that significant. It's just that now, your HoT cannot cover the 100 damage increase so it's no longer something one can afford to stand in the pools.
    - The passive is still broken and glitched.
    Last edited by Zeus; 09-18-2014 at 08:45 PM.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    56 Posts

people who won the pet from the event sold SnS for 100m++. duh! do u think players who bought that pet would settle for less after losing a lot of gold just to acquire the pet? not just that, players worked really hard for 3 long weeks to win the pet. it should be OP as what remiem stated during the introduction of the pet. how remiem introduced the pet made people willing to pay huge amount for the pet coz its OP.

however, eventhu its OP, its not as perfect as how u explained it on this thread. well how would ya know u dont have one thu. to be able to justify what u said u should get the pet if u can so u can test it urself. u cant just whine about this pet if u really dunno nor experience how SnS works in pvp both for its user and enemy. one sided thread. meh

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Remiem is talking to the revs about the insane DMG, the ticks do ruffly 600 DMG (NOT CRIT) Per tick and there is 2 ticks per second resulting in 1.2k DMG per second. 2.4k DMG if stacked..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Remember Me View Post
    Remiem is talking to the revs about the insane DMG, the ticks do ruffly 600 DMG (NOT CRIT) Per tick and there is 2 ticks per second resulting in 1.2k DMG per second. 2.4k DMG if stacked..
    They do not do 600 damage per tick...

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    237 Posts

Okay the thing I find ridiculous is that fully geared rouges and mages (full mythic) are being killed by a single pool. Tanks are being killed by 2 pools (possibly one). Please test this before arguing because I have already tested this. When the pools stack I am dead in 2-3 seconds and tanks don't last much longer. While I am okay with SnS being this op because it is a uber-exclusive pet, I really think there should be a limit to the number of pools that can stack. Sometimes, if the pools stack enough, you have not have enough time to even run out of the pool (factoring in AoE damage). I'm not even gonna bother bringing up the health pools.
    Another thing I would like to bring up is the passive ability, more specifically the rapid bleed. Samael no longer has the best PA. The armour and crit loss is enough and a 100% chance to rapid bleed just makes it even more ridiculous.
    Finally, whenever there is a new release (or in this case buff), there are always complaints about it being too hard or OP. I remember vowing to never run elite summit again after I took over an hour on my first attempt. What I am trying to say is that people get used to it and adapt accordingly. Give it a few weeks or even a month but I am sure that tactics will be developed to deal with SnS. I'm sure someone will post a thread complaining about the newly buffed bulwark soon.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    237 Posts

Well yah for pvp, but the game isnt revolved around pvp.
    Umm yes it is...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kingofninjas View Post
    Umm yes it is...
    The game is simply not revolved around pvp. If it was revolved around pvp, there would be no elite gear, elite runs, timed runs, weapon oriented gear towards elites, and also a campaign in general with quests. Your reply is absolutely ridiculous

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    237 Posts

The game is simply not revolved around pvp. If it was revolved around pvp, there would be no elite gear, elite runs, timed runs, weapon oriented gear towards elites, and also a campaign in general with quests. Your reply is absolutely ridiculous
    And how many people pursue any of these other than for aps? Lets face it elite is dead, only a select few actually try timed runs and the campaign of quests are nothing but a way to differentiate who is on the leader board and who is isn't.

Anyways lets not get off topic. I won't say anymore.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kingofninjas View Post
    And how many people pursue any of these other than for aps? Lets face it elite is dead, only a select few actually try timed runs and the campaign of quests are nothing but a way to differentiate who is on the leader board and who is isn't.

Anyways lets not get off topic. I won't say anymore.
    Did you ever notice that one of the top three guilds in this entire game is almost solely into timed runs? This game isnt revolved around pvp.