Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Playing without plat even worth it?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default Playing without plat even worth it?

I'm fairly new to the game and really enjoy it, I've completed some free plat offers and such but I'm level 45 Mage and I'm starting to wonder if playing without the ability to actually purchase plat will be worth it in the end? I see people in the forums who spend thousands of plat on their character and I know I'm not going to be able to do the same.... Has anyone reached the cap level without spending their own money on in game currency? And one more question for anyone who can answer please, what is farming and where is it? Thanks for your time and consideration!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

If u play without plat it feels really rewarding. But u can spend plat if u want to get to the level cap or something else.
    EAT YA VEGGIES OR ELSSSEEEE!
    Here are my toons
    Ramramlord Lvl 69, Angrylord Lvl 20, Bustalord Lvl 15

3. The Following User Says Thank You to GreenLord For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    783 Posts

When I was a new player I managed to cap rhino, Mage and bird with only 3x combo so it is possible to just depends how much effort your willing it put into the game

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Ssneakykills For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

u can but tbh i would recomend u to invest both the time and money elsewhere the game is kinda at a standstill now, and if you arlready are having troubles at 45 youre gonna hate it at 70+

7. The Following User Says Thank You to tarlan For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    388 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MissezMagik View Post
    I'm fairly new to the game and really enjoy it, I've completed some free plat offers and such but I'm level 45 Mage and I'm starting to wonder if playing without the ability to actually purchase plat will be worth it in the end? I see people in the forums who spend thousands of plat on their character and I know I'm not going to be able to do the same.... Has anyone reached the cap level without spending their own money on in game currency? And one more question for anyone who can answer please, what is farming and where is it? Thanks for your time and consideration!
    Try plat-free first and then try it with plat.

Without plat can be especially frustrating, especially from the grind from 76-77 to cap. I mean 300k XP without plat is quite difficult and requires and insurmountable amount of patience.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Sheugokin For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    223 Posts

Ok, I just wanted to point out that this is a matter of play style, I don't play pl regularly, I'm mainly an SL player, but honestly, capping is worth it, but it doesn't have to be immdiately! It can be something you invest 20 minutes to an hour a day in, you can have a relaxing time with it, then chill and play another game just casually pvp! It's all a matter of preference

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CAK Vader For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Guess you've never grinded to cap without elixers and before the time of daily blessing and elixers. Those were harsh and fun days.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tweeter D Bird For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CAK Vader View Post
    Ok, I just wanted to point out that this is a matter of play style, I don't play pl regularly, I'm mainly an SL player, but honestly, capping is worth it, but it doesn't have to be immdiately! It can be something you invest 20 minutes to an hour a day in, you can have a relaxing time with it, then chill and play another game just casually pvp! It's all a matter of preference
    Relaxing being relative right? Because me and many others will say PL lvling is fun but cruel, back when everybody was the same level leveling up it was fun. Now its just boredom due to no 76s helping us.
    Applenoob Cqward Fewing Pvvo Pwoer Paneling Resinning Rummes Twung Wirved and many more discontinued

15. The Following User Says Thank You to AppleNoob For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CAK Vader View Post
    i would say PL is much more intense, the higher total makes chipping away 20 mins at a time seem almost not worth it, sure its possible espec with the blessings SL doesnt have, still not fun trip
    For PL 70-77 is like 450k xp

17. The Following User Says Thank You to tarlan For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AppleNoob View Post
    Relaxing being relative right? Because me and many others will say PL lvling is fun but cruel, back when everybody was the same level leveling up it was fun. Now its just boredom due to no 76s helping us.

yea i agree with armourslash, i see many low levels offering 1-100k to be leveled and everyone sits and never offers to assist so i usually do the deed and help. I never take gold unless im running low when they offer to pay but for the most part its free of charge.
    "lol" - Ballins ™
    Pues
    Somemager
    Specifying

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Somemager For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    223 Posts

The thing is...I don't play pl much, 2 year player (this October) and I'm level 29.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    268 Posts

Playing for free is completely possible. This isn't a pay to win game, especially now that there are daily blessings.
    I have friends who have never spent a penny on the game, and capped 3 times including 77. Granted, the free offer option is disabled at the moment, but I don't expect that to be permanent.
    Now, of course spending money makes the game easier, and has its benefits, but it's not a neccesasity.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Plat=Nothing but leveling/farming, you can achieve many things by putting the time to Merch items and u could pvp at certain levels instead if you feel leveling is to slow
    PL:Sharkknife (77 bird in <Rated M>), Ubertwink (Bes 56 in <FFA>/PL Minuteman, Wrathfuluber (One Of The Last 1st Gen Wrathfuls)||| AL: Depend-46 (proud member of <Mag(nub)num>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have a charactor up to 74 one year during school year without spending ANY money on it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Yes it would be easier to level with plat, but you can cap without plat. Once your level 60 maybe put in $15-25 on an iTunes card and spend it on some elixirs.

Pokemon! Gotta catch em' all!
    Ign: Mudkap, Fyke, Admitting

Why should I say I'll have strangers come over to my house!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Somemager View Post
    yea i agree with applenoob, i see many low levels offering 1-100k to be leveled and everyone sits and never offers to assist so i usually do the deed and help. I never take gold unless im running low when they offer to pay but for the most part its free of charge.
    I hate it when low lvls ask for money just to be leveled, seriously just join a guild and the guildies will help you.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Armourslash For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Default Playing without plat even worth it?

I've never spent any of my own money in this game and have leveled fine as a result - it's just tedious and takes a lot of time. I relied heavily on free plat, or back when there was free plat. Since you just started, it's a fun game to meet new people and kill time...but don't expect too much as of now since there hasn't really been any worthwhile updates for basically over a year.

Farming is continuously running a place for certain pinks...For example, people farm Vampire Feast (Mount Fang) for Dragon Armor, so in other words they run feast for hours in hopes of getting that pink. You can farm anywhere you want; it's not a place :P

Good luck in game
    Last edited by Giazagilur; 10-11-2014 at 11:17 PM. Reason: Just saw your farming question

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

some useful hints in here thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Always more rewarding to not spend in these gsmes

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

I've never bought platnium but I've done enough free offers to get 800 some platnium. I've never bought elixers only seasonal vanities. I'm cap lv (80) and it does take a long time to level up. Always do the daily blessing to get 1.25x or 3x combo. It helps a lot. But another key to leveling up is being an older player. I've been playing for 5 years and having the game for several years helps a lot. Hope this helped!

Sebbyc-80
    Beezlewtf
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sebbyc-110