Thread: After One Year, Enough is Enough

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    145 Posts

Default After One Year, Enough is Enough

I'd like to start this thread by thanking the staff at STS. You really don't get enough thanks for all the........, um........ personalities(!) you must deal with on a daily basis. With thousands of player egos being constantly bruised and battered in PvP... Well, I'm guessing you draw straws to see who must read and respond to the PvP support emails. Lol.

I don't claim to always be a rational or reasonable player all of the time. Anyone who claims to be above the fray while in the fray has a 100% chance of being a liar. When I PvP I do endeavor to temper my emotions because they will kill my kdr faster than an arcane rogue ever could. I play an endgame sorcerer somewhat famous for using gale force to escape the battle before it ends badly, which helps mightily with reducing the number of deaths.

I have been playing Arcane Legends for a year now, I started playing heavily during the Halloween event last year. I waited until I capped to engage in PvP with my mage and, of course, it was a rude awakening. I'm extraordinarily stubborn so I tried many combinations of mage skills and inexpensive pets/gear hoping to find an edge, but there simply wasn't any. Eventually I upgraded to mythic gear and pets (minus the weapon) and the results were better, but PvP is still a struggle.

I have invested a lot of time, effort and money into my character, so I feel protective of 'him.' When you play a mage in PvP it's difficult not to notice the other two classes target you first because they know you are likely to be an easy/quick kill. Each class has (or is supposed to have) tradeoffs. The mage gets higher damage for lower health and armor.

After one year in PvP in Arcane Legends I can say with near-absolute certainty that the sorcerer class is unfairly underpowered.

The tradeoff is not at all worth it. It's a joke and I'm just a bit upset about it.

Rogues do far, far, FAR (did I mention far?!?) more damage than a mage yet have much better armor, health and skills than a mage. This makes no sense to me. Are rogues inherently worth more than mages? Right now the answer is an emphatic 'yes.' Mages get diddly squat in comparison.

Warriors do much less damage, but their heavy armor and super awesome skill buffs mean a mage must last a very, very long time vs a warrior in order to kill him. This means that most mages will lose most of the time against an equally geared warrior. I do have a solution - how about a cool new mage skill called aimed lightning? It could have a 5 sec crit bonus upgrade! And, it could even have a long-standing uncorrected glitch that makes it crit like crazy.

I understand the tradeoff scheme it way more complex than just damage vs health and armor. Skills and gear are supposed to make up the difference. But the mage doesn't get enough, not by an long (aimed) shot.

Each class should be treated equally, but for one reason or another that hasn't happened. Think about the mage green santa suit from the winter event last year... would STS have allowed such a hideous, mocking vanity to be released for rogue or warrior? Maybe there's nothing to that, but the optics look as terrible as that vanity.

Who at STS is watching out for the short little blue guy with bat ears and no feet???

Finally, I have two questions that continue to perplex me.

1) As previously implied, the Rogue skill Aimed Shot is severely, ludicrously overpowered. An arcane rogue should not be able to one-shot an equally geared mage or two-shot a warrior 100% of the time. STS, WHY ARE ON EARTH ARE YOU OK WITH THIS??? It is definitely not ok! If a mage is caught by surprise or the shield is on cooldown (or even fully active!), the battle is over before it even starts EVERY SINGLE TIME. I'm ok with taking 75% or even 90% of health. I'm OK with a one-shot death maybe 10-20% of the time. But, a one-shot every time is not ok. Also, a two second cooldown for such a op skill is just plain disrespectful to everyone, including other Rogues.

2) It's an open secret the Rogues claim 23/25 spots on the Overall leaderboard for both CTF Kills and TDM Kills.

About midday Friday I added up the total kills of the top 25 for each class:

CTF 25 Kills
    Total 2,894,945
    Rogue 1,310,911
    Sorcerer 792,144
    Warrior 791,890

TDM 25 Kills
    Total 1,813,042
    Rogue 875,816
    Sorcerer 514,204
    Warrior 423,022

Please explain to me how this is class balance?

Lol. That's kind of a trick question. I would like to explain to you what I think class balance should be, but that will be in my next post tomorrow about this subject.

Member Arlorian Realtors Association

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Niixed For This Useful Post: