Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: adults in game

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisaetoshawker View Post

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pvpftw View Post
    Lol where did you get this fake info?
    http://www.nickyee.com/daedalus/gateway_intro.html

"I surveyed MMORPG players for the first time in the Fall of 99. Since then, I've surveyed over 35,000 MMORPG players from most of the popular US MMORPGs."

All data of the Daedalus project is based on the results of these surveys. Not the newests data though.

There are also other, newer studies regarding this matter. All of you doubters should take a look at Nick Yee's book "The Proteus paradox". The data it contains is based on 50,000 surveys. Based on it, only 20% of MMO players are teens. Here's a good review of it by Columbian journalism review in case someone is interested.

Here's another study that shows that most of the MMO players are not teens, or are at least adults.
    <Enigmatic>
    Ludens necesse est, vivere non est necesse.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    296 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gragorak View Post

"I surveyed MMORPG players for the first time in the Fall of 99. Since then, I've surveyed over 35,000 MMORPG players from most of the popular US MMORPGs."

All data of the Daedalus project is based on the results of these surveys. Not the newests data though.

There are also other, newer studies regarding this matter. All of you doubters should take a look at Nick Yee's book "The Proteus paradox". The data it contains is based on 50,000 surveys. Based on it, only 20% of MMO players are teens. Here's a good review of it by Columbian journalism review in case someone is interested.

Here's another study that shows that most of the MMO players are not teens, or are at least adults.
    However does this data apply to AL and this here forums or another variety of different mmorpgs?
    - (un) Retired -

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

Lol an online survey... In almost all online games underaged say that they're 18+...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Let's say that game is for 18+ only XD
    IGN:Nonplat

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Harmonybow View Post
    However does this data apply to AL and this here forums or another variety of different mmorpgs?
    No, those numbers are based on MMOs in general and aren't specific to any single MMO. Only reason I posted it was just to prove Obee wrong when he said that most MMO players are teens. I've never said anything about AL's players or their ages. My guess is that at least 80% of AL players are teens or younger, but it doesn't have anything to do with the researches I linked.

Quote Originally Posted by Pvpftw View Post
    Lol an online survey... In almost all online games underaged say that they're 18+...
    You can lol as much as you want, but it doesn't change the facts. Guess who is more credible source, a respected scientist who has spent years studying this matter (Nick Yee) or some random anonymous forum user who just chooses to believe what he wants? I'd say the respected scientist.

Here's what wikipedia says about Nick Yee and his studies regarding MMOs:

"Nick Yee is an American researcher who studies self-representation and social interaction in virtual environments. Yee earned his bachelor's degree in psychology from Haverford College (with a concentration in computer science) and received his Ph.D. in communication from Stanford University in 2007. He is a research scientist at the Palo Alto Research Center in California.

The Daedalus Project, his research into the psychology and sociology of MMORPGs, has collected survey data from over 40,000 game players. The research that has resulted from these interviews has been cited extensively by game scholars, game developers, and popular media. Yee's research has appeared in The New York Times,[1] The Wall Street Journal,[2] BusinessWeek,[3] and CNN International,[4] among other media outlets."

Also, if you are so sure that most of MMO players are teens/kids, why don't you link a study that suggests so?
    Last edited by Gragorak; 09-23-2014 at 09:42 AM.
    <Enigmatic>
    Ludens necesse est, vivere non est necesse.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    296 Posts

No, those numbers are based on MMOs in general and aren't specific to any single MMO. Only reason I posted it was just to prove Obee wrong when he said that most MMO players are teens. My guess is that at least 80% of AL players are teens or younger, but it doesn't have anything to do with the age of average MMO player.

You can lol as much as you want, but it doesn't change the fact. Guess who is more credible source, a respected scientist who has spent years studying this matter (Nick Yee) or some random anonymous forum user who just chooses to believe what he wants? I'd say the respected scientist.

"Nick Yee is an American researcher who studies self-representation and social interaction in virtual environments. Yee earned his bachelor's degree in psychology from Haverford College (with a concentration in computer science) and received his Ph.D. in communication from Stanford University in 2007. He is a research scientist at the Palo Alto Research Center in California.

The Daedalus Project, his research into the psychology and sociology of MMORPGs, has collected survey data from over 40,000 game players. The research that has resulted from these interviews has been cited extensively by game scholars, game developers, and popular media. Yee's research has appeared in The New York Times,[1] The Wall Street Journal,[2] BusinessWeek,[3] and CNN International,[4] among other media outlets."

Also if you are so sure that most of MMO players are teens/kids, why don't you link a study that suggests so.
    Pretty sure the majority of forumers would choose Obee
    BASED ON
    the fact I (and probably most of them) have no idea and never heard of this scientist lol
    Anyways no need to go so far to prove someone wrong lol, there is a limit
    - (un) Retired -

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

No, those numbers are based on MMOs in general and aren't specific to any single MMO. Only reason I posted it was just to prove Obee wrong when he said that most MMO players are teens. I've never said anything about AL's players or their ages. My guess is that at least 80% of AL players are teens or younger, but it doesn't have anything to do with the researches I linked.

You can lol as much as you want, but it doesn't change the facts. Guess who is more credible source, a respected scientist who has spent years studying this matter (Nick Yee) or some random anonymous forum user who just chooses to believe what he wants? I'd say the respected scientist.

Also, if you are so sure that most of MMO players are teens/kids, why don't you link a study that suggests so?
    Okay colourful entry... Beautiful Wikipedia information.. *claps claps claps*. But can we please have the point of that.? People doesn't really care about that scientist. What you want to show us?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Kids raise your hand now!!
    We'll count
    Last edited by Chrisaetoshawker; 09-23-2014 at 09:58 AM. Reason: Hands lol
    IGN:Nonplat

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

I am "adult" but i don't wanna grow up so i am rolling with the kids!

*raises hand*

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cahaun View Post
    It all comes down to maturity rather than just age.
    If the person is immature, expect to see immature behavior.
    If the person is mature, expect to see mature behavior.
    Well said...
    It has nothing to do with age, but maturity. On the other hand, I think it's completely respectless to put down kids like that. Vice versa, it's respectless to provoke adults.

This thread should have never happened in the first place.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dex Scene View Post
    Iam adult (18+) but don't have kid. When I was of your age i had life outside the house. I only used to had these things to do in life.
    Study study sleep eat party play outdoor games play outdoor games study tv eat sleep.
    * cough * no life *cough*
    Did online games exist when you were a 'kid' lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    296 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by - Samdegreat View Post
    Thats the same things I say to the parentals when they use that excuse too LOL!
    Haha love you thought mum + dad xD
    - (un) Retired -

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    465 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by - Samdegreat View Post
    Lol an immature post!!! Iam 90s guy, everything did exist.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    935 Posts

Iam adult (18+) but don't have kid. When I was of your age i had life outside the house. I only used to had these things to do in life.
    Study study sleep eat party play outdoor games play outdoor games study tv eat sleep.
    * cough * no life *cough*
    Lol riding bikes around the neighborhood and playing on the school's playground in the summer and getting in trouble for it.. haha good times. Back when hardcore gaming was the Nintendo.

IGN: Łʊƈɨƒɛʀ
    Join the Discord Community!
    Arcane Legends Discord

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

Lool
    Last edited by radagan; 09-23-2014 at 01:16 PM.
    Ign:Fvw

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

Lol do you also have some good sources? Everyone knows wikipedia is a terrible source (except for 1% or smthn) and some weird scientist nobody knows I'll lol at him as much as I want, concluding online surveys and wikipedia are useless.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

Nintendo, gameboy, xcube, play1 The game industry has come far. I remember mario used to be a union of big squared pixels.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Nintendo, gameboy, xcube, play1 The game industry has come far. I remember mario used to be a union of big squared pixels.
    Ps1 heheh downloaded a ps1 game onto my ps3 :3 it's so funny.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Lol an immature post!!! Iam 90s guy, everything did exist.
    I'm a 90s guy technically lol born in 1999

Hehe GREAT BANTER