Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Letter to Spacetime Games

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    935 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GoodSyntax View Post
    Sam,

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...42#post1839542

It would be nice if STS responded to suggestion threads more often. Players here have a lot of good ideas, and regardless of what your stats may be telling you, I can tell you what I see in my guild. Activity level is at an all-time low. Interest in elite maps is also at an all time low and is limited to Jagged Trail, Caves and the occasional Wilds run (assuming players even want to bother running due to poor loot rate, stagnant market, etc.) . Loot rate is as bad as I've ever remembered, all the way around, elite, supergems, crates, arena, you name it.

Arena, while beautiful is not profitable, and to be honest, the non-stop K.O.'s get a bit tedious, which causes all but the most hardcore to give up on it (therefore, not many are farming there).

The market overall has come to a standstill, everyone is just hoarding their gold at the moment, because no one knows what is going on, when the Halloween event will come, etc. The loot coming from the arena and elite Tindirin is generally inferior to the Druid/Spirit gear, so for the most part, farming is a fruitless endeavor, since Druid/Spirit is plentiful and relatively cheap.

Just take a look at the Elite (Pure) LB. There are a surprising number of solo/duo recordholders. This is an obvious indication of end-game apathy.

Honestly, there is nothing to farm for. Vials are basically non-existent. Magma is worthless (except for one version of the Claymore and Totem). Locked Crates are so undervalued, that the worst case of 2k x 3 actually is worth more than the crate itself, so crate farmers are hurting. All the way around, veterans of this game are hurting and losing interest. Tindirin has been around for over six months now, which is a really, really long time. Granted, there were two events since the introduction of the Dragon Enclave, but still, these maps have been overfarmed and something new needs to be introduced. An OHKO Arena isn't really the solution we were all looking for.

Sam, what we need to see is something exciting, something that reinvigorates the market, something that gets folks running once again, something new to talk about. It just seems that there has been a lot of errors in the game lately, a lot of rebalancing, a lot of second guessing and all that does is cause hesitation in your veteran gamer pool. In down times like these, I would have hoped that there would have been more consideration for your veteran population, more transparency, more responsiveness to good suggestions, and less "there are 10's of thousands of new people....". I'd be willing to bet that a considerable portion of those 10's of thousands are people like me, that set up a new account to play a different class, try out some different builds, then eventually discard the toon. Transient players don't really add anything to the community, so using those statistics is akin to saying that your veterans, those that started at the lv16 cap, that grew along with the game, rallied to the defense of the community, contributed a lot to what we have here, are of equal value to those that will likely be here for a just few days.
    I am loving this post because every bit of it holds true. I believe a majority of the "10's of thousands" of new players everyday come from MMO-lovers who are excited to see a mobile MMO. So they try it out, love it at first, then leave when they get a taste of how inactive a lot of the other players are. Most of these new players probably never make it to cap.

In addition to creating new content for end-game, i'd suggest adding things to give a morale boost to those who aren't quite there yet. Adding new places to level, adding a scaling arena to those under level 30, creating more than one path to get to cap. There needs to be something to encourage players to get to cap, while still making the journey fun! Level 41 is a long way down the road, let players take breaks from the repititive "enter map, kill enemies, boss, repeat".

Undervaluing your veterans is a big mistake. If the game gets dull for us, it'll surely get dull for the new players eventually as well. Pleasing us will extend the longevity of your players, and will provide your company with a stronger sense of community. The truth is, your veterans can provide the best feedback and suggestions to where your company is headed, as they can compare it to your past decisions and will work with you to ensure that you are going down the right path.

If your veterans all die off, you will lose the foundation that built your company up off of the ground. We've all been by your side through thick and thin, and now is the time to thank us.

I only hope you guys take everything said in this thread seriously. There are things in the game that only your players can see, and when they see problems with inactivity, you'd best get to the bottom of it and hear us out! If needed, i can scour the suggestions section on popular, positive desires that have yet to be announced and create a list. I'd be happy to see this company bounce up from this business recession.

IGN: Łʊƈɨƒɛʀ
    Join the Discord Community!
    Arcane Legends Discord

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Zylx For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts

I'm not going to quote Syntax's post, as it's long. But every word if it is true.

I'd be interested to see the average length that said "10,000s" of new players stay (i.e., the time before they don't log in again for over a month). I'd then like to see the average account age of players who purchase platinum. Just out of curiosity.

Even if a significant portion of new players purchase platinum, I'd still like to believe you're developing the game for the end-game player. Quite frankly, I'm saddened to see the number of new players be a judge of a game's health. Personally, when the veterans, who inherently have more patience for a game than the transient players, begin to leave because they aren't being stimulated by it anymore, that defines a game's health. And in this case, poor health.

Those who say it cannot be done should not stop those who are doing it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

There's a lot of new MMO today, so the competition is hard. I suggest STS can maintain their player by at least implement some of the forumer suggestions, especially the end-game player, so their not play another MMO game.
    [Newcomx, Newcomy, & Newcomz]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Sam,

It would be nice if STS responded to suggestion threads more often. Players here have a lot of good ideas, and regardless of what your stats may be telling you, I can tell you what I see in my guild. Activity level is at an all-time low. Interest in elite maps is also at an all time low and is limited to Jagged Trail, Caves and the occasional Wilds run (assuming players even want to bother running due to poor loot rate, stagnant market, etc.) . Loot rate is as bad as I've ever remembered, all the way around, elite, supergems, crates, arena, you name it.

Arena, while beautiful is not profitable, and to be honest, the non-stop K.O.'s get a bit tedious, which causes all but the most hardcore to give up on it (therefore, not many are farming there).

The market overall has come to a standstill, everyone is just hoarding their gold at the moment, because no one knows what is going on, when the Halloween event will come, etc. The loot coming from the arena and elite Tindirin is generally inferior to the Druid/Spirit gear, so for the most part, farming is a fruitless endeavor, since Druid/Spirit is plentiful and relatively cheap.

Just take a look at the Elite (Pure) LB. There are a surprising number of solo/duo recordholders. This is an obvious indication of end-game apathy.

Honestly, there is nothing to farm for. Vials are basically non-existent. Magma is worthless (except for one version of the Claymore and Totem). Locked Crates are so undervalued, that the worst case of 2k x 3 actually is worth more than the crate itself, so crate farmers are hurting. All the way around, veterans of this game are hurting and losing interest. Tindirin has been around for over six months now, which is a really, really long time. Granted, there were two events since the introduction of the Dragon Enclave, but still, these maps have been overfarmed and something new needs to be introduced. An OHKO Arena isn't really the solution we were all looking for.

Sam, what we need to see is something exciting, something that reinvigorates the market, something that gets folks running once again, something new to talk about. It just seems that there has been a lot of errors in the game lately, a lot of rebalancing, a lot of second guessing and all that does is cause hesitation in your veteran gamer pool. In down times like these, I would have hoped that there would have been more consideration for your veteran population, more transparency, more responsiveness to good suggestions, and less "there are 10's of thousands of new people....". I'd be willing to bet that a considerable portion of those 10's of thousands are people like me, that set up a new account to play a different class, try out some different builds, then eventually discard the toon. Transient players don't really add anything to the community, so using those statistics is akin to saying that your veterans, those that started at the lv16 cap, that grew along with the game, rallied to the defense of the community, contributed a lot to what we have here, are of equal value to those that will likely be here for a just few days.
    This is a excellent idea!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Sam,

It is a excellent idea

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by octavos View Post
    well insted of a winded and long read of an explanation, like other members "Good comments btw GoodSyntax, and Serancha " .
    We're concise and specific - it sounds so much better than long winded
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Serancha For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Arcane Legends is like a best friend that moves away. From time to time you will still communicate but as time goes on, you will talk less and less. AL was my best friend and I will always have deep connections to this game but it has grown off me. The hype I once felt playing has disappeared and this is because the content became boring to me but this may not occur to new players. The reason AL was a booming success is because everyone was new and like most things, if it is new it will entertain you. It just depends on how long it will. Everyone was happy in the early seasons which is why SS gained so much praise and excitement. They were encouraged to bring new ideas and it didn't feel forced. Now, as I see all of these posts of becoming angry and blaming SS on doing a poor job of maintaining this game, I have a different image of this gaming community. They have lives too and after all, there are tons of games out there. Most people cannot withstand the lull of AL and will be back. Everyone needs a break to everything. I myself came back after a year off and came to enjoy the game greatly again. However, like Sam said life is getting busy with school and recreational time is minimized. If everyone were to take a break and not hate on AL, new players will come and not be discouraged by seeing so many negative posts on the forumns. The developers can only do so much and it is not their fault for the lack of enjoyment in AL. It is ours.
    Last edited by Pie; 09-24-2014 at 12:08 AM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Pie For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    We're concise and specific - it sounds so much better than long winded
    oh but of course.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54483&dateline=131136  6901
    PL-Ghosts | SL-DL-AL- Ghost | SL-DL-AL-Octavos

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

My indicator of AL slowly becoming dead is when I can't sell/buy any single item for hours standing in Pier xD

But seriously, Sam, you need to listen to all Kali and Sera have said. This is the first MMORPG I have ever played and I love it very much. What makes it even more special is this great community, which tirelessly gives valuable input for this game. I can't imagine investing this much time in any other game like I do for AL.

Let's save AL together!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to basketholic209 For This Useful Post:

14.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #50
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by basketholic209 View Post

Let's save AL together!
    Amen to that. I've always been a customer advocate and will continue to be one. Without players, we wouldn't have a game.

If you are hoping that I can wave my magic wand and change things in a patch this Thursday to address your issues, sadly, such a wand doesn't exist.

We are working on a pile of new content and initiatives. I will be talking further about them in the October installment of the Producer's Letter. We really appreciate the feedback you guys proved as it does help us to better understand our roadmap and rationalize player feedback with player metrics.

I'll just close this post by saying lots of <3 back at ya.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

15. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Samhayne For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    86 Posts

Samhayne I heard Seoratrek told in SL that we are getting new vanities and not recycled one this Halloween.. Is that True? <3

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    275 Posts

Good luck on fixing the problems

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Yeah been standing all day at pier no one's buying my stuffs or even selling my needs .. Oh we'll just like the last few days *sigh* oh we'll all we can do is wait

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    935 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    Amen to that. I've always been a customer advocate and will continue to be one. Without players, we wouldn't have a game.

If you are hoping that I can wave my magic wand and change things in a patch this Thursday to address your issues, sadly, such a wand doesn't exist.

We are working on a pile of new content and initiatives. I will be talking further about them in the October installment of the Producer's Letter. We really appreciate the feedback you guys proved as it does help us to better understand our roadmap and rationalize player feedback with player metrics.

Thank you sam! May STS live long and prosper!

IGN: Łʊƈɨƒɛʀ
    Join the Discord Community!
    Arcane Legends Discord

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    251 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post

I liked your reply, nice one. Magic wand does exist, it's the many awesome suggestions made by the community within this forum, you don't have to look far. Just implement them, they're not overboard suggestions, and can raise this game to another level of excitement, heck I might even pop my cork!

I love this game, I play it for fun, it chills me out after a hard days work. I enjoy spending plat and I'm not ashamed to even say that, but there has to be a bit of give and take and not all take, take, take. I'm a wise old fox and I know when I'm being spun dry, that's when I shut up shop and halt my plat spending. You give us a good reason to spend plat and we spend it. Fresh new pets, vanities, weapons and gears that are better than previous stuff and def better than level zzzz mythics.

I also think when your devs have made new content, armour, pets or weapons that they actually test it out ingame too and run with us, based on the current level cap. Not with their level 100 stats. Look at how many threads of rage it took for you guys to improve the Arena, Bulwark and Singe.
    Last edited by Xorrior; 09-24-2014 at 02:25 PM.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Xorrior For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts

Unfortunately gamers have a very short attention span, we get bored long enough...we move on. Ive personally gotten more into console games. They seem to be much more rewarding without having to dump thousands of dollars or countless hours

just another upbeat positive comment from your friendly neighborhood forumer 😆

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to phillyr For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

now what will be interesting is that all of space time studios games collide, this sounds impossible but if they are all combined it becomes more manageable and it will be a whole new experience. However, i dont know how that can be done, but when theres a will, there will be a way, believe in the green light old sports

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Last edited by Sam, reason: edited to lower drama quotient
    Lol
    IGN:Nonplat