Thread: Samael and Slag Ignore Stun Immunity in PVP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts

Default Samael and Slag Ignore Stun Immunity in PVP

Yeah, if the maul proc now follows the rules, then I think it's only fair to make Samael and Slag to follow the same rules. It's not fun dancing around literally like a fool to a team of 4 Samael's or Slags in PVP. "Panic" is still a form of stun, just that has a fancier name!

I hope there's some plan in place to make warriors able to kill rogues. As it stands, warriors are going to become the most rare class if they can't kill.
    Last edited by Kakashis; 09-24-2014 at 06:04 PM.
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kakashis View Post
    "Panic" is still a form of stun, just that has a fancier name!
    Might be, but I think they're in different categories. Maul proc was defined as a stun, not to panic opponent.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Samael and slag terrify and panic respectively. Slag would be a completely useless pet with if it had stun immunity. And nerfing samael that hard to the point hes not nearly as useful should have been done long ago. The maul getting nerfed after an entire year amazed me. Took way too long.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

They differed from the stun immunity purposely! However, I do agree that terrify/panic should follow some sort of immunity rules.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts

Terrify, panic, stun...They all serve the same purpose which is to immobilize the opponent. If skills and weapon procs weren't meant to stun stack, then I don't see why any pet should be exempt just because of the name. Since the Arcane maul gets the nerf, I feel as if no other Arcane/mythic weapon or pet should be above the system based on a naming technicality. The sole purpose was to not leave players permanently stunned for fair play, but it's actually happening more with Sam and slag than it ever did with maul.

It's all about balance and fairness. If a team of maullers can't perma stun, no pet should be allowed to be above this system.

If STS would like panic/terrify to be stackable as its clearly different from "stun", then I'll give up my fight. For now, I feel as if this is also a overlooked bug and is not working as originally intended which should be addressed like the maul.
    Last edited by Kakashis; 09-24-2014 at 09:44 PM.
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kakashis View Post
    Terrify, panic, stun...They all serve the same purpose which is to immobilize the opponent. If skills and weapon procs weren't meant to stun stack, then I don't see why any pet should be exempt just because of the name. Since the Arcane maul gets the nerf, I feel as if no other Arcane/mythic weapon or pet should be above the system based on a naming technicality. The sole purpose was to not leave players permanently stunned for fair play, but it's actually happening more with Sam and slag than it ever did with maul.

It's all about balance and fairness. If a team of maullers can't perma stun, no pet should be allowed to be above this system.

If STS would like panic/terrify to be stackable as its clearly different from "stun", then I'll give up my fight. For now, I feel as if this is also a overlooked bug and is not working as originally intended which should be addressed like the maul.
    Terrify/Panic pets came after stun immunity was implemented thus making it evident that developers intended for the abilities to circumvent the stun immunity. That was the selling point of the pets! However, I do not think they intended for the abilities themselves not to have any sort of overlapping immunity.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List