Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Let's Talk About Class Balance!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    174 Posts

Very simple post:

Warriors aren't strong enough.
    Rogues are killing machines in PvP
    Mages are too squishy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    177 Posts

Please just fix the pet dmg boost bug for rogues in pvp, we are still awaiting a fix that was promised several months ago.

Skills dont need buff/nerf for tanks and rogues. Speaking from a perspective of all levels and not just endgame, skill-wise these classes are fine.

Gear-wise it is alright at the moment but with the recent gear releases, we have seen tanks getting almost at par with rogues' damage plus the hefty armor and mana that tanks get from gear and vengeblood buff. Hoping sts does not let the scales slide to one side and maintains balance.

Mages heal should be buffed in some way and their gear does need some armor buff.
    Last edited by Zynzyn; 09-29-2014 at 05:00 PM.

Robhawk

Everything is said a thousand times, STS IT STILL IS YOUR TURN TO IMPROVE SOMETHING !!!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Robhawk For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts

So what is it mages think they need to be competitive? Arcane shield offering stun immunity, and absorbing greater amount of damage? Improve our heal skill, mainly the amount of health recovered over time? Would this two improvements be enough to get us back into the game?

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bigboyblue For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

i was thinking maybe 2% automatic bonus damage added every level (not including putting in points) then .5%-1% past level 30 for Mages, this would help them at not just endgame but also at lower levels
    Last edited by Ubernewber; 09-30-2014 at 09:46 AM.
    PL:Sharkknife (77 bird in <Rated M>), Ubertwink (Bes 56 in <FFA>/PL Minuteman, Wrathfuluber (One Of The Last 1st Gen Wrathfuls)||| AL: Depend-46 (proud member of <Mag(nub)num>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts

the way I see it as of right now. 1on1 rogue vs tank, the outcome can be either or. all base on timing the use of skill and pet. same goes for rogue vs mage. but if you put a tank vs mage. i'm sorry but mage has no chance period. the damage mage does isn't solid and faster enough like rogue to take out a tank due to it healing and also stun smash. either that bulwark curse is over power or mage just weak weak weak as hell.

Twobnv & Twoxc & Twocrazy - Deviant Misfits Officer

9. The Following User Says Thank You to twoxc For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by twoc View Post
    the way I see it as of right now. 1on1 rogue vs tank, the outcome can be either or. all base on timing the use of skill and pet. same goes for rogue vs mage. but if you put a tank vs mage. i'm sorry but mage has no chance period. the damage mage does isn't solid and faster enough like rogue to take out a tank due to it healing and also stun smash. either that bulwark curse is over power or mage just weak weak weak as hell.
    even as awarrior i have to agree. mages need better options to get out of reach of the curse or need a serious armor/shield buff. while i agree the curse brings things out of balance i think it s a brilliant idea for a defensive weapon. and instead of just nerfing the proc i vote for making it harder to succeed with it, by giving especially the mages better evade and armor options.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Most of this seems to be about pvp, but I, personally would like to see things balanced in pve so warriors have a chance too. Right now 80% of elite runs are done with just dps classes, because although we have not yet been able to nail down the mechancs, the fact is that runs are almost always much more difficult AND much slower when a warrior is taken along. This means that class is pretty much a joke for 2/3 of the game.

Look at the leaderboards for elite runs for the entire history of the game. I bet you can count the number of warriors on one hand for elite banners.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Serancha For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    Most of this seems to be about pvp, but I, personally would like to see things balanced in pve so warriors have a chance too. Right now 80% of elite runs are done with just dps classes, because although we have not yet been able to nail down the mechancs, the fact is that runs are almost always much more difficult AND much slower when a warrior is taken along. This means that class is pretty much a joke for 2/3 of the game.

Look at the leaderboards for elite runs for the entire history of the game. I bet you can count the number of warriors on one hand for elite banners.
    warriors have no business in timed elite runs. sad truth, and i wish stg would find a way to add some options for warrs. i agree with you for the top tier of dps players (meaning skill and/or gear). but especially this season i m happy i am a tank, since running elite tindirin (compared to the dps checks of shuyal) with a tank, really makes pve interesting for tanks again, and i am in much higher demand than last season

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ardbeg View Post
    warriors have no business in timed elite runs. sad truth, and i wish stg would find a way to add some options for warrs. i agree with you for the top tier of dps players (meaning skill and/or gear). but especially this season i m happy i am a tank, since running elite tindirin (compared to the dps checks of shuyal) with a tank, really makes pve interesting for tanks again, and i am in much higher demand than last season
    You're still limited, and your chances of a lb spot are just about none. I want to see warriors as an equal team member, not someone we take along for charity. There's a few exceptions like yourself, Markus, Rav who we take because of awesomeness, but it still means a harder run, for the most part, than it would be with a 4dps team.

This season is an improvement, but not nearly enough to call it balanced.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Serancha For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Sorcerers:
    - Vastly Increased Heal
    - Shield should grant stun immunity & a slight armor buff. I would suggest a 25% armor bonus when utilizing shield.
    - If not willing to grant shield an armor buff, increase the damage that shield can take by 1-2k more damage. Sometimes, all a sorcerer needs is 1-2 more seconds to kill a class. This can provide that easily!
    Warriors:
    - Their skills are fine, they do not need a greater buff.
    - In light of new buffs to rogues or sorcerers, some sort of enhanced survivability buff should be given. I am not suggesting anything TOO powerful, but just enough to keep them competitive.

Rogues:
    - Their skills are also fine, they do not need a buff or a nerf.
    - Pet damage boost should be fixed for this class. It is not granting the damage boost of any pet, making a lot of pet happiness features unable to be used.

These suggestions are suggested under the assumption that most of them will be implemented. Otherwise, the logic ladder falls apart.
    I agree 100 with zeus here. I think armor buff and stun immunity would be perfect. I also think making Bulwarks curse a rare proc would be great as well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    769 Posts

Firstly, I don't PvP, but, when i read the stats on a rogue, warrior, mage (with ONLY mythic helm and armor equipt) I see:

Health:
    Warrior > Rogue > Mage

Armor:
    Warrior > Rogue > Mage

Damage:
    Rogue > Mage > Warrior

Skills (mage) :
    I would like if it is possible that our Arcane Shields can take a bit more damage, or increase our invincibility for a bit more than 2 seconds

Normal Stats (mage) :
    I would like if our armor and/or health could be increased a bit

thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Try any lvl mage without that green name or red name....then u'll know

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

1. Gear is not the solution, nor the problem, of class imbalance. Don't even bother tweaking a few mythic weapons used by the 1%ers and think this this is the root of imbalance. Since it has been identified that the classes are uneven right up up through the levels whatever "fix" is imposed must provide the same result at all levels. Do not focus on endame and think this is a fair representaion of all levels.

2. Wyldstorm has made some worthwhile points on stats. Each class should be 1:1 average KDR overall (throughout all levels, not just endgame). Ideally I would like to see an equal chance between any two classes as well. The Warr>Rogue>Mage>Warr assertion seems to be propogated by those who benefit from the unevenness. Being told mages were only meant to be viable when hiding in the back during a clash is hogwash. Most games break down into a series of 1v1 anyway so having all classes complement each other in a team rarely happens as designed.

3. Mages need only one required skill. Personally I would like to see Lifegiver improved significantly and then the Mage Health/Armor stats modified so that shield is not a requirement (just like the other classes). Not being able to survive a single hit or combo is rediculous. If shield is to be buffed, with no significant changes made to survivability without it, then we had better be mini juggernaughts for the duration of the shield to compensate for being easy pickings for the following cooldown. Hiding from combat while shield cools off is not an effective or viable tactic. If shield is to be the requirement then we really shouldn't need to quick Heal between skirmishes as there is often not enough time to swap/cooldown/swap Lifegiver. Shield should be a defensive compromise as it is in pve or it should be viable enough to keep one alive for an extended period.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nesox For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts

If the arcane shield calculation was [(2*intelligence)+strength]x3 this would be a good increase in the shield durability. With the increase damage absorption upgrade which makes the shield modifier 3.5 instead of 3 that would mean an increase of 1,568 damage being absorbed for my toon. Pretty easy fix to our shield. As previously mentioned remove knockback upgrade and add movement impairing affect immunity. These two changes would make our shield great.

I really believe STS should make these changes. They aren't extreme, and probably aren't even enough to even out the classes. However, it is a good first step, and after it's implemented we can re evaluate the class balance. STS, please don't take 6 months to make these types of adjustments.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

Lower the difference between the best gear and dropable pinks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

mages need a buff.. with the previous bulwark all warrs now do is just use normal attack and that curse..oh come onnnn seriously i went straight to 27% with 1 fire bolt
    its wayy better than even what mages have....either buff mages or nerf bulwarks i would suggest both
    even mythic mages die against PINK WARSS. PLEASEEE consider tyy
    after all its supposed to be based on ability right? not just on sheer dmg.....

24.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #98
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,906 Posts

Hey all. Thank you so much for all of your feedback! I'm going to close this one up while I compile all of the data to send along to the devs. As you know, class balance is a delicate process. We do want to take the time that's necessary to make sure that everything turns out the way it should. Also, that being said, we also have a very full road map with changes and new content through the end of the year. While I can't promise that you will see changes tomorrow, I can promise that the devs are hearing each and every one of your suggestions and we are working very hard to keep the game fair, balance, and fun to play.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com