Thread: Pharcyde's Epic Idea. It's Epic, Hands Down.. No... Noo! Don't Fight it.. Its Epic...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Like the overall idea. Make more sense to me to mix town instances like this and guilds. Still curious about what they are planning for guilds, btw.
    Maybe you should break your ideas down in several 'easy to implement' steps. (idk but this must be months of development... ). What would be the first aspects you'd settle for (that wouldn't require your town-members to pay in plat the equivalent of two month of a dev / map designer salary?

I really do like some ideas. Im afraid some other might be too epic, I just can't see sts taking notes for v1.8. But Maybe that's just me.

Ps, I wonder how much ppl they allow in one instance for performance issue (30-ish?), hope not.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by recklessfa View Post
    Like the overall idea. Make more sense to me to mix town instances like this and guilds. Still curious about what they are planning for guilds, btw.
    Maybe you should break your ideas down in several 'easy to implement' steps. (idk but this must be months of development... ). What would be the first aspects you'd settle for (that wouldn't require your town-members to pay in plat the equivalent of two month of a dev / map designer salary?

I really do like some ideas. Im afraid some other might be too epic, I just can't see sts taking notes for v1.8. But Maybe that's just me.

Ps, I wonder how much ppl they allow in one instance for performance issue (30-ish?), hope not.
    Thankyou very much for your feedback.

Well I will try to make this idea as perfect as possible. Of course there will always be players personal complications and since I'm not a dev, I don't know exactly what their goals are or how big of a task this actually is. Thats why I give Devs full power to manipulate and adjust this idea as they see fit.

Sorry I didn't quite understand what you meant with this part "What would be the first aspects you'd settle for (that wouldn't require your town-members to pay in plat the equivalent of two month of a dev / map designer salary?)"
    Do you mean like what would I settle for in the mean time while the devs work on the remaining content?

As for easy to implement steps:

1.) Towne Themes - One New Theme for Every 10 levels. I just thought of something new, there are three sizes, so thats three map themes for one theme. I would replace the map size with map workability, like how many NPC's you can add or just scrap map size all together. Then decide how many themes can be unlocked by achievements. I would say just scrap the lower themes all together and make the "top themes" the "only themes" for that achievement. As default should work good until the other themes are unlocked. Layouts would be two sets: Open camp like Forest Haven or Castle layout. Only thing that would change with theme are the backgrounds, so changing doesn't relocate all your vendors, ect.

2.) Determine what services vendors and other npc's would have. Like what items will and will not be in player-owned townes

3.) Make constants, like guild hall and hall of fame. No matter what theme is in place, these will remain the same.

4.) Vendors, Stash, Consignment shoppe, decorations cannot be placed freely. There will be set locations to place items, so no excess data is needed for the "free placement" option.

5.) All other options or achievements effect only certain parts. So if you unlock Achievement "Master Horder" it doesn't change your stash at all, just gives you a ability. Consignment shoppe would be just for looks, when you press it, it just connects to main consignment shoppe vs. rewriting code for a alternate shoppe.

Thats all I can think of off the top of my head. I'm sure if I was one of the devs, I would be able to think of better ways of simplifying this since I would be doing work on charts, graphs, paper, ect and not the top of my head.

If any of the ideas are too extreme, I'm sure we can find a way to tone them down pretty easy.

P.S. Max would be 25 players per towne.