Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pharcyde's Epic Idea. It's Epic, Hands Down.. No... Noo! Don't Fight it.. Its Epic...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The idea is much better then housing but i dont rly see how its gonna happen and no offense i think it would make the game seem a lil lonely at times.. Pl doesnt have enough players for many different towns. Id support the idea IF making a town would cost like 600 plat. Cause i dont rly want to see 100+ towns with 2-3 ppl in it. I enjoy meeting new players in towns and i dont wanna run through empty towns cause there are too many..

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Well who ever said we had to dog fight Gurgux and Dead-Eyes now?

Anyways yeah you guys all bring up good points.

Quote Originally Posted by superglut2
    Pl doesnt have enough players for many different towns
    Yeah that might pose a problem. The places to be would be the top ten townes when they are open. Even on massive games with 1 million+ active users, theres always parts of the game that are totally abandoned. Its always all about the best and biggest in the moment.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

It's Pocket Legends + Sim City!

Guardian of Alterra DawnInfinity's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

I think why I am kind of opposed to all these new features such as housing and pets is because I don't want to see PL evolving into something it's not..
    *Follow my blog, and I'll love you forever *
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysticaldream View Post
    She's not hot, she's sexy. Sexy steph
    Quote Originally Posted by Arterra View Post
    does it matter? we all praise and adore your presence, may your light fall upon our eyes...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Physiologic View Post
    Will their servers be able to handle thousands of custom built townes, each of them more resource consuming in terms of graphics and customized load-outs than simple player's characters?
    Maybe it took you out of MMO mode when you made your own town and went into it? Or would that ruin the purpose?

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DawnInfinity View Post
    I think why I am kind of opposed to all these new features such as housing and pets is because I don't want to see PL evolving into something it's not..
    Poor Poor Runescape...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

A permanent instance map should be simple.
    Multiple hosts or inherited roles shouldn't be too complicated.
    Having that instance linked on your avatar's page 'head my town' button, based on a list of members/contributors shouldn't be too hard since they will need such lists for guilds.

That would be a great first step to me, and very close from what I'd like for guilds or an housing alternative.
    Have these towns count as, say, balefort castle towns, and any player might end up in it. Add a customized message in his chat box when he gets in and there won't be population issues. A npc at the entrance would provide some info the mayor or his delegate felt worthy of mentioning. Nothing else needed.

That'll just implement a priority ranking of the towns you may end up in when you click on your world map.

As for layouts, you're right fixed templates, with additional items to unlock is way more plausible than having sts release a map designer.

Makes me think, one more time, that this is close to what would convince me joining a guild.*
    Wow's implementation never really convinced me and I hope we won't see ppl recruiting in forest haven, to compete to the 'we are the biggest guild' race...
    I'd actually like to visit guilds in places like the towns you're talking about, see the members and not just names on a new panel/chatbox, see the achievements I can contribute to if I join, etc

Hmmm ... Sorry im bringing in guilds every step of the way. Just fits nice, but so would a town based on friends / friends-of-friends lists (never mind the 'I deleted all my friends list' trend

Nightarcher's right, ppl crave individualism so sts have a lot of things yet to implement, but if it is easy to release, they also know that players would prob, pay plat or get 600 totems just to be granted access to/ be part of a community.

In-game money, as always, shouldn't provide much though, you ll agree too. cosmetics and vanity items one could help purchase (big leathery-croc couch, a caged anubis, an expensive dummy to try our new respec and monitor critical hits etc...)
    Useless gold so that leaves us w challenges/achievements, plat and elections
    I'll give this some more thoughts and keep an eye on your thread, but sure thing is STS must be working on the 'now we got towns, let's find a way to bring / keep people in'
    Balefort got the cs, forest inn got new players and Ellie. Whats left for other towns ? Guilds, professions, idk...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

to complicated :/ id say just a house u can pay for keep it simple and you buy stuff or "CRAFT STUFF "
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=11145&dateline=130178  8828

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by icantgetkills View Post
    to complicated :/ id say just a house u can pay for keep it simple and you buy stuff or "CRAFT STUFF "
    Unless u bought a pinball or a fridge full of fresh beers
    I wonder what you'll do with your house.

But I might give you a spare Key to mine, a few block from yours. Since I'll probably buy 5 dogs and three cats, they'll need to be taken care of while I'm gathering wood for the fire in dark forest.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by recklessfa View Post
    Unless u bought a pinball or a fridge full of fresh beers
    I wonder what you'll do with your house.

But I might give you a spare Key to mine, a few block from yours. Since I'll probably buy 5 dogs and three cats, they'll need to be taken care of while I'm gathering wood for the fire in dark forest.
    Lol nice beers and pinball sounds good ^_^ ur shout?
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=11145&dateline=130178  8828