Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: How to End Dummy Farming?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Allocate View Post
    This is probably the first MMO that records such stats but everyone who plays competitively knows MMO PvP is a load of bull and not something you would want to take seriously, so them being there is silly. Zeus, you know its all paid to win baby.

Why don't STS remove Kills and Death stats all together? Remove those stats or make it so only the player can see kill/death stats. Fixed! No one gives a damn about the stats then there is no reason to cheat.

These stats only make the whole experience terrible for a lot of players anyway and also where the drama steams out from; these stats!

tl;dr Remove these kill/death stats, STS you made a mistake and Zeus jelly his KDR isn't as cool as all the noobs below him.
    A lot of people have better KDR than I do. Honestly, I don't mind - I never went for KDR anyways. My objective when I PvP is to have fun but at the same time, accomplish my goal: be best rogue. Now, I don't mean best in the sense of leaderboard as they never really interested me that much. I mean it in the sense of skill.

Although, I must admit you were right. In PL, during the early stages - the kills and deaths in PvP were nonexistant. After they added in kills and deaths for PvP, that's when the drama started. However, at the same time, that's also when PvP started to get really competitive. So, it is a trade off.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Maybe if one person dies 10 times in the same match his deaths stop counting, and the person killing him will stop receiving kills. It would also help with ganging and spawn farming kind of along with people being able to practice vs as much as they want.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate Captain View Post
    Maybe if one person dies 10 times in the same match his deaths stop counting, and the person killing him will stop receiving kills. It would also help with ganging and spawn farming kind of along with people being able to practice vs as much as they want.
    That wouldn't make sense in CTF though. After dying a certain amount of times, there should be some sort of check to see who is killing him. If the person killing him == the amount of times the person died, then the kills/deaths should stop counting for a period of time or until the killer dies 1-2 times.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Idk about end game ctf but at l13 if you're dying more than 10 times a game you're doing something wrong, the game usually ends even before killing non-twinks 10 times. Again as I said not sure about end game maybe it could be increased or decreased.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Hey,

I had an idea on how to end dummy farmers in PvP - let me know what you think!

Scenario:

if player1 kills more than 6-7 times in a row without dying, any further kills will not be counted until player1 dies or completes cool down period (5 minutes)

Disadvantages:
    - Limits KDR (Will most likely effect twinks)

Thoughts?
    I hate dummy farmer. Make this pvp game pointless. Only noob dummies farm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

I think a good solution here would be to allow us to customize our inspected avatar screens and allow for such stats to be hidden (just like in SL). So everyone can enjoy PvP without the pressure of being looked down upon later for a bad KDR.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Instanthumor View Post
    If they create seasonal leaderboards, they should make it Lv 35+. No twinks.

I think the real issue are those who kill farmed their way up to leaderboard status, no those random kill farmers for good stats.
    I disagree with you some people work hard for there spot on lb. Not everyone dummy farms.
    [SIGPIC]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tankforgold View Post
    I disagree with you some people work hard for there spot on lb. Not everyone dummy farms.
    Well you can easily achieve 10k kills in 2-3 weeks as a rogue.. Not everyone dummy farms but majority of low level twinks "noob farm". The amount of effort acquired is very little compared to an endgame toon trying for leaderboard.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Instanthumor For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    174 Posts

Interesting concept, however there comes a case where PA kills PB repeatedly and PB just never gives up. Eventually, according to you PA must let PB Kill him/her in order to not get penalized.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    Yeah, dummy farming is a PITA. Honestly, we haven't put PvP as a top priority for the game as we work to keep up a constant stream of PvE content and feature improvements. Right now, our roadmap is pretty full with a lot of other stuff (I'll have details soon in the October Producer's Letter), but PvP is getting more and more attention. Maybe in the future we can implement system to reduce or remove dummy farming.

Also, another idea is to get rid of kills and use a system like honor points. Get honor points for participating in a kill. Can't kill same target over and over again for honor. Get honor points for successful game wins (or a multiplier to get more for the winning team). Such a system would take the focus off killing and put it back on winning the game. That might set up a framework for item rewards for spending honor points. We could have them reset per season. No promises, just thoughts on making PvP better and to address things like dummy farming.
    sam i got a doubt in ctf tooo...ik it might like protesting but..why did rogues get a bost of stats in ctf and not in tdm ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SacredKnight View Post
    Interesting concept, however there comes a case where PA kills PB repeatedly and PB just never gives up. Eventually, according to you PA must let PB Kill him/her in order to not get penalized.
    Yes, or he may leave the game. A necessary evil, IMO. Plenty of games have stuff like this implemented.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

Maybe add lives to PVP? Have 5- lives or 10 lives in PVP? Not a solution but maybe a slowdown.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    See, the thing is your implemention will cause a constant need of resources which I don't think the developers are willing to use up. After all, they are a small team who are handling a lot of games.
    Not a constant use of resources. Once they clean up, people will know it's pointless so the problem will be much smaller. They can't get rid of it completely, but the main thing is to stop the free-for-all dummyfest. When one runs a game, they must have game masters. The job of a game master is to stop people from cheating and breaking rules. That means monitoring the game. This is something that they clearly don't do enough, as they automate most things.

It's a business and that takes manpower. They could have someone come in for 3 weeks, sweep the place, and then put it on maintenance. It would make their customer base a lot more happy to see something being done, and happy customers spend money. They can't run the game for free, and those who purchase platinum pay them well to keep it running. Developing new things is one thing, but removing huge problems is equally as important and a justifiable use of manpower.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Serancha For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    Not a constant use of resources. Once they clean up, people will know it's pointless so the problem will be much smaller. They can't get rid of it completely, but the main thing is to stop the free-for-all dummyfest. When one runs a game, they must have game masters. The job of a game master is to stop people from cheating and breaking rules. That means monitoring the game. This is something that they clearly don't do enough, as they automate most things.

It's a business and that takes manpower. They could have someone come in for 3 weeks, sweep the place, and then put it on maintenance. It would make their customer base a lot more happy to see something being done, and happy customers spend money. They can't run the game for free, and those who purchase platinum pay them well to keep it running. Developing new things is one thing, but removing huge problems is equally as important and a justifiable use of manpower.
    I agree, now convince STG of this, lol.

That's why I was suggesting automated things that they might implement.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

Zeus i thought about it yesterday and my conclusion is that as it is right now your idea, is not efficient. I explain:

Generally: Dummyfarmers after farming a huge percent of kills also farm deaths so its not too obvious how they got their kills. 6deaths:1kills is a decent ratio.
    Twink:A twink (especially if its a war) never dies except he/she gets ganged and can kill >>6 before dying. My record is 98kills in a row.
    Endgame: Scenarios where a ring player enters a room and starts killing spree are common. For example i have seen Ravager entering a room and killiin everyone(never dying) till they all had to leave.

Conclusion: according to what you propose a honest twink and a endgamer would have to find someone to kill him asap after 6 kills.
    While on the other hand a dummyfarmer doesnt mind, this will slow the game for everyone except the dummyfarmer who has to farm some deaths anyway to compensate is farmed kills.
    Last edited by Anarchist; 09-30-2014 at 11:39 PM.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Anarchist For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

how about you can only kill the same person x times an hour or day
    PL Twink, Beginnings, Endings, BeastlyBehr DL @Steer AL @KeyBoard, Beeping

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

CREATE LB LIST PER LEVEL and not just focus on killing...instead HONOR POINTS...let me example some online games like "cabal online" they have ALPHA BASE and OMEGA BASE,

lv2-15 (all class/ per class) will received different vanity banner from other level
    lv16-30 (all class/ per class) will received different vanity banner from other level
    lv31-41 (all class/ per class) will received different vanity banner from other level (most important flag etc)

so from level 41 they dont care if you are lv 5 or lv10 and they dont care if you are dummy user or what.. you can only compete w/ your level bracket mentioned.

being dummy user is not illegal, but theres cons& maybe good benefits.
    CONS. it makes you real noob, from other, unpro,
    GOOD BENEFITS will received vanity banner, FAMOUS (current lb system)

is it possible?
    100% dummy user useless

RECONSTRUCT NEW LB SYSTEM..HONOUR POINTS.
    Last edited by exwall; 10-01-2014 at 05:15 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by exwall View Post
    CREATE LB LIST PER LEVEL and focus on kills...instead HONOR POINTS...let me example some online games like "cabal online" they have ALPHA BASE and OMEGA BASE,

lv2-15 (all class/ per class) will received different vanity banner from other level
    lv16-30 (all class/ per class) will received different vanity banner from other level
    lv31-41 (all class/ per class) will received different vanity banner from other level (most important flag etc)

so from level 41 they dont care if you are lv 5 or lv10 and they dont care if you are dummy user or what.. you can only compete w/ your level bracket mentioned.

being dummy user is not illegal, but theres cons& maybe good benefits.
    CONS. it makes you real noob, from other, unpro,
    GOOD BENEFITS (will received seasonal flag, FAMOUS)

is it possible?
    100% dummy user useless

RECONSTRUCT NEW LB SYSTEM..HONOUR POINTS.
    idea is great but the loadout update system will jsut slow down worse

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Raselph View Post
    idea is great but the loadout update system will jsut slow down worse
    yeah may coz heavy loaded files/database but sts makes way, and its just my thoughts / ideas

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Zeus i thought about it yesterday and my conclusion is that as it is right now your idea, is not efficient. I explain:

Generally: Dummyfarmers after farming a huge percent of kills also farm deaths so its not too obvious how they got their kills. 6deaths:1kills is a decent ratio.
    Twink:A twink (especially if its a war) never dies except he/she gets ganged and can kill >>6 before dying. My record is 98kills in a row.
    Endgame: Scenarios where a ring player enters a room and starts killing spree are common. For example i have seen Ravager entering a room and killiin everyone(never dying) till they all had to leave.

Conclusion: according to what you propose a honest twink and a endgamer would have to find someone to kill him asap after 6 kills.
    While on the other hand a dummyfarmer doesnt mind, this will slow the game for everyone except the dummyfarmer who has to farm some deaths anyway to compensate is farmed kills.
    No, the code does check to see if the kills came off the same unfortunate victim. Additionally, one could add in a time variable to allow the counter to reset after a certain amount of time.