Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: We need better quality

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

WELL PUT ''DALMONY'' YOU MAKE AN INTERESTING POINT.

with that said, I just wanna point out if most haven't already noticed the events tend to have more and more items that are obtainable by the F2P players so I believe from here on out it will continue in this fashion as to keep all the players rather than just the ones who are willing to drop 1,000 dollars real life money a month. I wonder what type of impact or if there will be any draw backs from using this method. In my opinion it will have a positive impact thus drawing back in a majority of AL's most loyal players of both kinds ( F2P or Plat user's ) .

Also wanted to bring to light , the free plat offers have been removed and are no longer an option so what will be next in line?

maybe offering more items within the events is sts way of overcompensating for the lack of free plat offers that we were accustom to ????

just a thought.

keep the thread going guys its looking good thus far, a lot of constructive discussion here

Co GM / Senior Officer of " Rise Of An Empire ''

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    153 Posts

Thanks fiddy. Yeah Events Providing items available to none plat Spenders is a great start, but the real Problem Lies in the way the very best items are Obtained. I want to Progress my toon and the goal is max stats... at some Point or Other this is, as now, going to Reach the Point where the next items in my character Progression are, such as now with my rogue, mythic bow and Arcane ring. As it Stands now, i can see no Feasible route to these Which doesnt involve Spending far more money than i think anyone should reasonably be Expecting to pay for a Game, Especially when even paying its purely a Gamble. this Game has a ton of Dungeons and maps which are totally unused... i dont see why these are not utilised in end Game content to create a Better crafting system which is feasible for all. Its not pinky or a gem which is going to keep us here. Its a Clear and realistic character curve which we can Gradually progress over Time, and where the Demands for completion of the arc are always Accessible to everyone.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    153 Posts

Another drawback is that once a player starts Coming Back only for events you have Essentially lost them. That emotional and Psychological Connection to in Game Drama, politics, Friends, and Ultimately our toon is lost. I still log on everyday to a Game... i will never stop Gaming. But that Game is no Longer this one. My Monthly small Payments are still being paid.... elsewhere. Although im an event goer now, the desire to even bother weakens with every day that i dont log in.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dalmony View Post
    Thanks fiddy. Yeah Events Providing items available to none plat Spenders is a great start, but the real Problem Lies in the way the very best items are Obtained. I want to Progress my toon and the goal is max stats... at some Point or Other this is, as now, going to Reach the Point where the next items in my character Progression are, such as now with my rogue, mythic bow and Arcane ring. As it Stands now, i can see no Feasible route to these Which doesnt involve Spending far more money than i think anyone should reasonably be Expecting to pay for a Game, Especially when even paying its purely a Gamble. this Game has a ton of Dungeons and maps which are totally unused... i dont see why these are not utilised in end Game content to create a Better crafting system which is feasible for all. Its not pinky or a gem which is going to keep us here. Its a Clear and realistic character curve which we can Gradually progress over Time, and where the Demands for completion of the arc are always Accessible to everyone.

hahah....oooooooooooooooooooooo my first initial reaction ( not a bad one ) just that you made some good points.

agreed

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Another drawback is that once a player starts Coming Back only for events you have Essentially lost them. That emotional and Psychological Connection to in Game Drama, politics, Friends, and Ultimately our toon is lost. I still log on everyday to a Game... i will never stop Gaming. But that Game is no Longer this one. My Monthly small Payments are still being paid.... elsewhere. Although im an event goer now, the desire to even bother weakens with every day that i dont log in.
    agreed.

I still log on only because of pvp arena now. didn't get to enjoy it at lvl 41 cause of some many op players so I went to

low lvl pvp where the playing field is a tad bit more fair for all players alike minus the arcane pets ( that usually don't really help anyways but still) and the overpriced gems ( life gems , tarlok gems, ) and soon to be the parcelsus gem if its made trade able, even if its not trade able its still allowed to be crafted into any weapon desired to be stronger, and then passed on into the auction market ( back to the point ......this makes it available to low lvl pvp players ) .

if it wasn't for the pvp arena's I wouldn't have logged on for a month by now no offense sts....lol

lets repeat it again for the plain people ( make plats pricing more reasonable rather than break the bank styled pricing )

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    174 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by octavos View Post
    Ill just leave this here.......

Please fix how the best things in game can be obtainable...because now people are kinda getting a bit bitter (not saying that halloween will be bad..but i could be)...and I believe this video has great points...just look at the plat packs and what I can buy In-game atm....

Well then, that was some whale of a tale...

*Rimshot*

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SacredKnight View Post
    Well then, that was some whale of a tale...

*Rimshot*
    did you even watch the video? * rimshot *

do you have anymore to add other than a pun ? * rimshot *

I saw a new post by sacredknight and wondered what in the world * you * had to share or say here.... annnnd * rimshot *

pfft!!!!

lol.

would love to read your thoughts on this subject, maybe you care to share?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    153 Posts

Name:  Price List.jpg
Views: 48
Size:  205.6 KB

Please feel free to post your own calculations if you find something is different.

1. Mythic pet costs a minimum of $20 but to buy one you must invest a minimum of $50.

2. Most people who invest $90 and open 115 crates with it will obtain absolutely nothing of any value at all in game.

3. If probability of getting an arcane item in a crate is 0.05% chance that is a 1 in 2000 chance. 1 in $1500 chance. And it isn't accumulative so theoretically I could easily open 2000 crates and still not receive one.

4. To get anything at something ressembling a fair ish price, you need to invest almost $100 at a time in the game, which is then designed to use up what is left in revive and other throwaway items so that the next time you want to obtain something significant you will have to invest another $90.

Is this really the way for character progression?

Is it really how it looks- a game which creates a psycological dependency driving as many users as possible to drop hundreds or thousands of dollars to be able to complete character progression? or have I missed something?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Dalmony For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    153 Posts

Isn't it odd how there is no 250 plat purchase? So you can't buy a mythic pet outright?

You are required to overspend.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

Name:  Price List.jpg
Views: 48
Size:  205.6 KB

Please feel free to post your own calculations if you find something is different.

1. Mythic pet costs a minimum of $20 but to buy one you must invest a minimum of $50.

2. Most people who invest $90 and open 115 crates with it will obtain absolutely nothing of any value at all in game.

3. If probability of getting an arcane item in a crate is 0.05% chance that is a 1 in 2000 chance. 1 in $1500 chance. And it isn't accumulative so theoretically I could easily open 2000 crates and still not receive one.

4. To get anything at something ressembling a fair ish price, you need to invest almost $100 at a time in the game, which is then designed to use up what is left in revive and other throwaway items so that the next time you want to obtain something significant you will have to invest another $90.

Is this really the way for character progression?

Is it really how it looks- a game which creates a psycological dependency driving as many users as possible to drop hundreds or thousands of dollars to be able to complete character progression? or have I missed something?
    fantastic :-) now this is a nice chart.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54483&dateline=131136  6901
    PL-Ghosts | SL-DL-AL- Ghost | SL-DL-AL-Octavos

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to octavos For This Useful Post: