Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: We need better quality

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Default We need better quality

I gathered all my knowledge about this game and decided... We need a better story-line. Playing other games, (now these are console games, big difference between these two) i noticed that i can be carried away in the story. This game? It was fun the very first time i played it, now this game is just down-right boring. Everything is a recurring thing; from class unbalances, doing the same, boring runs over and over and over and over again. Nothing is changing, even the "most talked about planar arena" has gotten boring. There is no motive, no goal to reach when you hit the level cap. Only thing now to do is: pvp (which is a big fail, in my opinion), try to get a lot of pve kills, which is boring since you get nothing from it.. (possibly besides a banner, i wouldn't know), or elites. How about when you reach 10/15/25/50k kills, you get a cool looking banner. Or SOMETHING that can bring this game back to life.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Well to bring this game back to life, sts needs to spend more efforts on good events and also advertise more on this game which requires money. however i believe that sts already have some loyal customers and they are keeping sts pockets full so there is not much need for such measures

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Jay Gatsby For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

I agree, but at this point, with AL being fairly mature, it would be really difficult to weave in an overarching storyline and character development.

I was always a fan of Final Fantasy/Ultima because the world and plot opened up as you progressed in the game. As you played, you got to learn a bit about each characters back-story, and it created a real emotional bond. Unfortunately, being a mobile game, you can't have this same deep sense of connection, nor the plethora of side quests, mini games, etc., that we enjoy on console games.

On the other hand, I do think that more should be done to develop these characters. We saw glimpses of the Rogue back-story during the Kraken Isles expansion, but it never really had much of an impact and didn't fulfill its potential in the game.

With this game being so gear and pet oriented, there honestly isn't any connection to the toon whatsoever. I'm not sure if STS could alter their gaming engine to reference private URLs to stream cut-scenes and other content, but hi-res scenes and real story development could go a very long way to create the connection with our toon that is missing.

AL: Kalizzaa
    Retired Officer of <Elite Runners>
    Elite Chronicles: Solo guides for elite maps - No longer maintained

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

We need more in-game short movies, rutger's betrayal is a beast, sadly its a season 2 vid. :/

6.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #5
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

I think you'll enjoy the Halloween and Winter events, along with the Planar Tombs that comes inbetween. We have some big plans for 2015 too, but that's getting a bit ahead of ourselves.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

Ill just leave this here.......

Please fix how the best things in game can be obtainable...because now people are kinda getting a bit bitter (not saying that halloween will be bad..but i could be)...and I believe this video has great points...just look at the plat packs and what I can buy In-game atm....

Last edited by octavos; 10-03-2014 at 10:23 AM.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54483&dateline=131136  6901
    PL-Ghosts | SL-DL-AL- Ghost | SL-DL-AL-Octavos

8. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to octavos For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by octavos View Post
    Ill just leave this here.......

Please fix how the best things in game can be obtainable...because now people are kinda getting a bit bitter (not saying that halloween will be bad..but i could be)...and I believe this video has great points...just look at the plat packs and what I can buy In-game atm....

I agree with this, when they did that survey thing awhile back for suggestions, I suggested they made the plat packs more reasonable. I would spend $15-30 a month on this game if the packs actually had a decent amount of platinum for the price. I can also see some kids parents willing to fork over $15 dollars for entertainment to their children, compared to $50. I have been playing this game since May 2013 and still haven't bought not one of their packages.

To open one locked it costs around $1.50ish (I don't remember exactly but it is over a dollar, and that's if you spend $50 or more) that's too much for "chance." Buy the 30 plat pack and it's $2.49 per crate.

250 plat pet is what $20-40 depending on what packages you've bought.

What most people want to use their plat on is lockeds and pets, and it's just not reasonable to buy packages as they sit now to get them. If they made the plat to $ amount ratio realistic for the lower end buyers they would be making a lot more in revenue.

If I just spent my minimum of $15 a month since I started playing the game they would have made $1260 off of me alone by now, and I am one player.

As it sits I will continue not buying plat. Maybe the revenue from the free offers is more than they would get from someone like me with a lowish budget.
    Last edited by Raregem; 10-03-2014 at 12:02 PM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Raregem For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

Brilliant video! Brilliant explanation of everything that is wrong with F2P as it currently stands!

AL: Kalizzaa
    Retired Officer of <Elite Runners>
    Elite Chronicles: Solo guides for elite maps - No longer maintained

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Raregem View Post
    I agree with this, when they did that survey thing awhile back for suggestions, I suggested they made the plat packs more reasonable. I would spend $15-30 a month on this game if the packs actually had a decent amount of platinum for the price. I can also see some kids parents willing to fork over $15 dollars for entertainment to their children, compared to $50. I have been playing this game since May 2013 and still haven't bought not one of their packages.

To open one locked it costs around $1.50ish (I don't remember exactly but it is over a dollar, and that's if you spend $50 or more) that's too much for "chance." Buy the 30 plat pack and it's $2.49 per crate.

What most people want to use their plat on is lockeds and pets, and it's just not reasonable to buy packages as they sit now to get them. If they made the plat to $ amount ratio realistic for the lower end buyers they would be making a lot more in revenue.

If I just spent my minimum of $15 a month since I started playing the game they would have made $1260 off of me alone by now, and I am one player.

As it sits I will continue not buying plat. Maybe the revenue from the free offers is more than they would get from someone like me with a lowish budget.
    Items and perception of value is different to many people. But one thing is certain, we all want to be the best "have the best bling" whether thats pets, armors, or just being comfortable in-game. Devs want compensation for items created, and we want to enjoy a game that is fun. I would love for many to purchase plat even if that means a few bucks..for many players not the select few. I purchase plat..but only during sales...then I just sit on it when something that I love is introduced..."starlegnds" for example. (i'm just sitting on plat...so just waiting for things to be brought into the game..so that means lots of waiting XD)

But I can also see if everyone has arcane pets, mythic armors, and arcane weapons and amulets/rings....wheres the competition?!?! at he moment theres many discussions of "Balance" and many discussions have to do with the items I just listed..and how they can be obtained. My pockets are not deep enough for those items, so i'm just satisfied with the things i'm able to get. So really its just a war on the best gear...not of the most skill.
    Last edited by octavos; 10-03-2014 at 12:40 PM.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54483&dateline=131136  6901

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by octavos View Post
    Items and perception of value is different to many people. But one thing is certain, we all want to be the best "have the best bling" whether thats pets, armors, or just being comfortable in-game. Devs want compensation for items created, and we want to enjoy a game that is fun. I would love for many to purchase plat even if that means a few bucks..for many players not the select few. I purchase plat..but only during sales...then I just sit on it when something that I love is introduced..."starlegnds" for example. (i'm just sitting on plat...so just waiting for things to be brought into the game..so that means lots of waiting XD)

But I can also see if everyone has arcane pets, mythic armors, and arcane weapons and amulets/rings....wheres the competition?!?! at he moment theres many discussions of "Balance" and many discussions have to do with the items I just listed..and how they can be obtained. My pockets are not deep enough for those items, so i'm just satisfied with the things i'm able to get. So really its just a war on the best gear...not of the most skill.

Free 2 play turns into Pay 2 win. I recently tried a game called Heroes And Generals. Its a MMO type game in second world war battle scenario. It was free but they sold items for real money (As an example sniper for 1.99€). I joined in a game with 20 other players. There was this one guy who had paid a lot money to game and he had a TANK while we others free players had rifles. He went something like 110 kills and 2 deaths because he was inside a tank and no one could shoot him, plus Tank works as a sniper an on top of that its damn fast and can run over people.
    Basically, that game was typical pay to win game. the people who paid money, were like in godmode and free players got the rifle thing which was really inaccurate.

Free 2 play games should be like Clash of Clans. If you pay, you get stuff faster, but there is NOTHING in game that you CANT get without gems. You just need to do more work for it. Thats why Clash of Clans is so succesful. They even give every player I think total 2500 free gems for playing the game.

In 2011 Supercells total sales were 600 000. In 2013 they were 519 000 000. Thats what free to play game can do to company.

STS could do the exact same thing. As an example in AL you get 7 free plat in the start of the game. Why not give 10 plat every 5 levels you get higher? Why not twice the amount of plat those paid packs give? I bet you already had plat sale in AL? Think if that same was every day. Everyone would buy platinium.
    Also there could be daily guests for platinium that gives like 2 plat for 15min guest once per day.
    (Just like bushes in CoC give about 45-50 gems every week plus gem boxes)

Same doesnt go for SL because there are like no new players and not enough content in game.

For PL? Ohhh yeahh. SO MUCH content and stuff to do and get and farm! Even I bought plat for PL because those platinium sets and items are just so great and cool and elixirs are totally worth it!

So Samhayne..... Why not try it for like two months? See if the sales go up and you start earning more from platinium. All work that is needed: Change value of plat packs, (takes max 5 min to find and input numbers)

Then some daily guests. It takes some work for PL because mobs doesnt scale with level but in AL its just piece of cake.
    Actually in PL it could be something like "Kill 75 mobs of your level ( Like L77 goes to blacksmoke maps and L25 goes to snadstone caves) And guest would be in Balefort for everyone.
    It gives 2 or 3 plat and its avaible for everyone.
    Nativex worked but it was totally not for everyone, because as an example americans got much more than scandinavians from it. I had like no working offers and most of them just took me to page "oops error no plat for u here".

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Itoopeo View Post
    Free 2 play turns into Pay 2 win. I recently tried a game called Heroes And Generals. Its a MMO type game in second world war battle scenario. It was free but they sold items for real money (As an example sniper for 1.99€). I joined in a game with 20 other players. There was this one guy who had paid a lot money to game and he had a TANK while we others free players had rifles. He went something like 110 kills and 2 deaths because he was inside a tank and no one could shoot him, plus Tank works as a sniper an on top of that its damn fast and can run over people.
    Basically, that game was typical pay to win game. the people who paid money, were like in godmode and free players got the rifle thing which was really inaccurate.

Free 2 play games should be like Clash of Clans. If you pay, you get stuff faster, but there is NOTHING in game that you CANT get without gems. You just need to do more work for it. Thats why Clash of Clans is so succesful. They even give every player I think total 2500 free gems for playing the game.

In 2011 Supercells total sales were 600 000. In 2013 they were 519 000 000. Thats what free to play game can do to company.

STS could do the exact same thing. As an example in AL you get 7 free plat in the start of the game. Why not give 10 plat every 5 levels you get higher? Why not twice the amount of plat those paid packs give? I bet you already had plat sale in AL? Think if that same was every day. Everyone would buy platinium.
    Also there could be daily guests for platinium that gives like 2 plat for 15min guest once per day.
    (Just like bushes in CoC give about 45-50 gems every week plus gem boxes)

Same doesnt go for SL because there are like no new players and not enough content in game.

For PL? Ohhh yeahh. SO MUCH content and stuff to do and get and farm! Even I bought plat for PL because those platinium sets and items are just so great and cool and elixirs are totally worth it!

So Samhayne..... Why not try it for like two months? See if the sales go up and you start earning more from platinium. All work that is needed: Change value of plat packs, (takes max 5 min to find and input numbers)

Then some daily guests. It takes some work for PL because mobs doesnt scale with level but in AL its just piece of cake.
    Actually in PL it could be something like "Kill 75 mobs of your level ( Like L77 goes to blacksmoke maps and L25 goes to snadstone caves) And guest would be in Balefort for everyone.
    It gives 2 or 3 plat and its avaible for everyone.
    Nativex worked but it was totally not for everyone, because as an example americans got much more than scandinavians from it. I had like no working offers and most of them just took me to page "oops error no plat for u here".
    Free 2 play can definitely be great..it can be a god send, but I have NEVER EVER seen sts give players in-game plat just for the fun of it. or to players that have been playing for X amount of years. In the game i'm playing now, Dead trigger its a great zombie game and all the best stuff never costs more then a few bucks. But the best items are easily obtainable. Now for tournaments in Dead trigger 2, its always a matter of skill and strategic play and everyone has the same opportunity to get the best stuff....and madfinger still pumps out games.

Affordability is easy for me to say because i don't have anything at stake in STG company...i dont have my house, car or even loans invested into the company...So to say change the game for more people to buy plat....is saying hope the devs have a small stomach..because it will hurt a bit. I would love for things to be afordable by many players..but hopefully changes are eased in soon...for the good of players and devs alike.

There is stories that players burn hundreds of bucks to open locked for that arcane item...so tell me how these tournaments are equal and based on skill and strategic play..... because I don't merch...there is no hand book on how to be rich guaranteed...to be the best needs to have more how should i say, skill....like 007 golden eye for the N64...or halo tournaments. I know those are bad examples but you see my point. Expanded experiences is not obtaining an arcane pet..and selling it in AH.
    Last edited by octavos; 10-03-2014 at 03:00 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

It's a fact that EVERY game made that has the option to purchase an item that makes you a little better basically is a Pay-to-win game. And that's with every game. I have no problem with that, since i spend $10 every paycheck on this game (for the 75 platinum offer). I just pray a developer reads our posts, and starts getting idea's for better quality.

Notice our daily quest consist of: bard quest's and other small quest's where we have to... find and repair broken lantern's or collect ice crystals. And we all do this for the 250 gold (or most of us don't). I'm not asking for more events, although that would me amazing. All i want is more options. Give me a daily quest with a reward of 5 platinum. Give me an event where a boss spawns in a random town, (this might result in a lot of crashing but its an idea).

We the people of Arcane Legends are here to try out and enjoy this game, correct? They also have a forum where you can put down your own thoughts and suggestions. Has anyone seen these implemented into the game? I know how difficult it is to run a game (i TRIED to develop a game back in the day. Not on the same scale as AL, but it was still a game!), but still, if you have a suggestion page, PLEASE take time to read them! People have amazing ideas that are little small things, but in the end, the small things are what leave a big impact.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyBells (Jasper) View Post
    It's a fact that EVERY game made that has the option to purchase an item that makes you a little better basically is a Pay-to-win game. And that's with every game. I have no problem with that, since i spend $10 every paycheck on this game (for the 75 platinum offer). I just pray a developer reads our posts, and starts getting idea's for better quality.

Notice our daily quest consist of: bard quest's and other small quest's where we have to... find and repair broken lantern's or collect ice crystals. And we all do this for the 250 gold (or most of us don't). I'm not asking for more events, although that would me amazing. All i want is more options. Give me a daily quest with a reward of 5 platinum. Give me an event where a boss spawns in a random town, (this might result in a lot of crashing but its an idea).

We the people of Arcane Legends are here to try out and enjoy this game, correct? They also have a forum where you can put down your own thoughts and suggestions. Has anyone seen these implemented into the game? I know how difficult it is to run a game (i TRIED to develop a game back in the day. Not on the same scale as AL, but it was still a game!), but still, if you have a suggestion page, PLEASE take time to read them! People have amazing ideas that are little small things, but in the end, the small things are what leave a big impact.

Nonono you didnt get the point. Pay to win has stuff that makes you OP and you cant get those items without paying real money.
    As an example Clash of Clans again, its free to play, mena syou can buy gems to advantage FASTER. You can get Barbarian king in one day with gems from the start of game, and it will be OP if you are the only one in game. But here comes the difference: Everyone gets it later when they reach the point where you boosted your account with real money.

And about that thing i told sts they will make more money, i know if more people spend on plat, the free players experience will increase as well. More plat means more stuff in store and more money for sts means more content.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

Cool !

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

Interesting thread!

Though i doubt sts will really follow up and change the plat system. Maybe in a future Legend game they will use a refined version.

I believe people at sts think this way: As long as revenue keeps flowing in somehow, why change the system?

Usually (at least from what i have noticed as a mmorpg addict) all the ideas that were brought up here get pumped into a P2W game during its dying stages to revive it. its a method that always fails, when the committed players start tasting other games and liking them more than yours or playing just for events and after event leaving to go back to their other games a alarm should ring in your office sts. In the mmorpg industry the winner is not who charges the players the highest or who implement this ideas when his game is next to death.

Question,
    Is sts dying already? i don't think so.
    This is the time when if a more F2P friendly system has to be added it should be done, Not later when it would be too late.
    Will sts do it? Its up to them to see if they are willing to take the risk.
    I would if i were you sts, i know you guys don't want AL to die and would do anything to keep the wagon going but no matter what you implement in the game (specially if its implemented like the planar arena) will keep your creature going like a F2P friendly plat system revision.

I dont say follow CoC thats maybe too extreme for AL but make it more F2P friendly, thanks.
    Last edited by Anarchist; 10-04-2014 at 10:55 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Video = so true. Ty for sharing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by raregem View Post
    i agree with this, when they did that survey thing awhile back for suggestions, i suggested they made the plat packs more reasonable. I would spend $15-30 a month on this game if the packs actually had a decent amount of platinum for the price. I can also see some kids parents willing to fork over $15 dollars for entertainment to their children, compared to $50. I have been playing this game since may 2013 and still haven't bought not one of their packages.

To open one locked it costs around $1.50ish (i don't remember exactly but it is over a dollar, and that's if you spend $50 or more) that's too much for "chance." buy the 30 plat pack and it's $2.49 per crate.

If i just spent my minimum of $15 a month since i started playing the game they would have made $1260 off of me alone by now, and i am one player.

As it sits i will continue not buying plat. Maybe the revenue from the free offers is more than they would get from someone like me with a lowish budget.
    agreed 100,000,000,000,000,000,000 %

Co GM / Senior Officer of " Rise Of An Empire ''

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by samhayne View Post
    i think you'll enjoy the halloween and winter events, along with the planar tombs that comes inbetween. We have some big plans for 2015 too, but that's getting a bit ahead of ourselves.
    honestly ....a majority of us show up now to participate in the events, {the longterm ((((loyal ))))) players that is} ....considering its so difficult to generate gold in game its to the point why even play on a daily basis but show up when the events are going, get the goodies and then try to make some profit.....repeat repeat....... Maybe after reading this entire thread it still wouldn't occur to anyone what the ''''loyal players'''' are touching base on at least once or twice a month, or maybe this subject is just intentionally overlooked.

More and more it just seems like a pay to play game rather than free to play.

Play and you only see everyone else enjoying this game.....pay and you enjoy the game....lol

suggestion: adjust your plat prices , bet you will notice huge increase in sales its all about quantity in the f2p game world the more players that download and enjoy and can afford the plat the happier the customer.

Why is it becoming a rich kids game now ????

This is totally unecessary in my opinion but who am i to say...im just another f2p player, i guess our voices carry no weight on this '''specific'' discussion.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Itoopeo View Post
    Nonono you didnt get the point. Pay to win has stuff that makes you OP and you cant get those items without paying real money.
    As an example Clash of Clans again, its free to play, mena syou can buy gems to advantage FASTER. You can get Barbarian king in one day with gems from the start of game, and it will be OP if you are the only one in game. But here comes the difference: Everyone gets it later when they reach the point where you boosted your account with real money.

And about that thing i told sts they will make more money, i know if more people spend on plat, the free players experience will increase as well. More plat means more stuff in store and more money for sts means more content.
    + 1,000,000,000,000,000 on the lower the plat pricing to a more reasonable amount rather than costing thousands of real life money that a small handful of players can only afford to stay in this rat race ( which is an oxymoron by the way lmbo= ( laughing my butt off!!!! )

look I agree with your on your post, I just want to point out we not playing ..clash of clans , trust me I get that you were using this merely as an example to further explain your thoughts and opinions but sorry dude '' clash of clans '' not even same type of game, and not good for reference. maybe use a mmorpg game that we can relate to rather than a f2p game that's isn't even same setup as clash of clans. no offense. there is a big difference.

best regards

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    153 Posts

I played from the start of season two and as the experience gradually grew into everything you guys are saying and most specifically what is described in that video, I just couldn't take the weight of it anymore. I'm an event checker inner now.... I'm checking in to see what the halloween event is all about but as I sit here reading it, I'm not actually sure I'll log in for it.

This may seem like nothing but its big. The bucket was filling up for a long time drop by drop and its just tipped and spilled all over the floor. The magic is gone.

In the past I would never ever have missed an AP or any sort of event item. I also strove to have eveything in game, through a mixture of low level plat purchases, and time spent in game farming and playing. Now its all just meh. The gap between myself as a low end plat buyer and those willing to drop thousands is too big to ever close. No amount of farming is going to make up for it, and I am no longer willing to sit in a game where "pro" = [made of money irl] or [sold everything I owned to keep up with my rich online friends]. Yes. I know thats not "pro" I know there are some skill elements here but if you lack the money to back up your skills I feel at the moment like you may as well not bother playing at all right now :/

I'm not alone here... I had a large group of friends all of whom were low end spenderrs like myself and all of whom quit one by one over the past 4-5 months for these very same reasons. I can still be auto-persuaded back into the game if the right balance is found but its looking less and less likely the more time which passes.

I'm lucky. I had the strength of mind to say "I can't afford the money it takes to succeed in this game and I'm not enjoying it anymore" and walk away, keeping an open mind to return if any major changes occur which I think we all may have to accept.... they won't. The game is too far into its model and the damage has already occurred.

One IG friend who quit this game spent literally thousands here, he was a maxed out geared full super gem multiple arcane pet tank and he dropped thousands on this game over the course of a year. Now? He is in financial difficulty and has had to sell his business in real life. This happened a long time after he quit however fact of the matter is.... he was sucked into the game model where you have to gradually spend more and more to keep up with the game and "be the best".

In sum - I'm willing to pay £25 a month on a game if I'm getting something worthwhile for that money. I don't gamble, and I don't enjoy it I like to progress towards things in a concrete and visible way. MMORPG for me is all about progressing my character and she just crashed head first into a brick wall built of platinum.

I came back for planar arena, logged off and haven't logged in again since. I thought I'd check the forums from time to time and see about upcoming events in case they persuaded me back from the brink of just closing it forever.

I've started playing another game now and I'm too invested there to come back to AL and play halloween event for hour each day to earn a pet and gem which in the grand scheme of things will not help me to further progress my toon in the slightest. The best items in game being earnable with a reasonable time investment combined or not with a small amount of cash would have kept me logging in every single day for another year but as it stands, thoe days are over